Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:00 am
Wtf is this all about ? :? :? :?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... uring-game
I read the article and I haven't a clue what it is about. Saw something on SSN also about it.. If you are at a game are you not allowed text a friend your thoughts on the game at halftime..? It is baffling.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The statement is so couched in arse covering, it is virtually incomprehensible :? :? :?

Clash

Post by Clash »

Yeah I've read that article twice and I have no idea what it is saying. Not sure if it is badly written intentionally but it makes no sense.
"As part of an initiative to minimise the unauthorised collection of data across EFL fixtures, access is provided at matches for Comsec representatives to operate and identify potential infringements.
And what does this even mean? How can a fan inside a stadium collect unauthorised data? Whose data is it referring to?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:00 am
Wtf is this all about ? :? :? :?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... uring-game

Only just seen this. Wtf is that all about ??!!

As you guys say, it's a collection of words that make no sense. Big Brother and Doublespeak....George Orwell would be proud. The ultimate in "modern football bollocks". :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The ultimate in modern football bollocks is having a female referee and 2 female linesMEN for the Super Cup final. Do these fucking birds not have their own version of the sport to work in? :roll: :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:03 am
The ultimate in modern football bollocks is having a female referee and 2 female linesMEN for the Super Cup final. Do these fucking birds not have their own version of the sport to work in? :roll: :censored:
Tokenism ...worse than populism

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:25 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Yup. 8)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:28 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:25 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Yup. 8)

Sexist bastards :lol: Should have seen this coming when linesmen became ref's assistants, the writing was on the wall.

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fuck sake really? :banghead:

How many male officials with far more experience have these females been allowed to jump the queue on to get this match? And all in the name of equality? Except it's not equality, it's favouritism!

And what exactly do they hope to prove from this? The best that can happen is that they don't make a fuck up. And if they do, no doubt we will discouraged from being too harsh on them :roll:

Modern football bollocks indeed !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Do they get in the big bath with all the players at the end of the game ? If so, I think it could be called a very positive "modern football" development. :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:32 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Do they get in the big bath with all the players at the end of the game ? If so, I think it could be called a very positive "modern football" development. :rubchin:
:lol:

That depends how ugly you like your women. Haven't seen the 2 linesMEN but the ref is a munter. :x

bunch

Post by bunch »

This Hull fan texting thing is part of the locking down of copyright of everything to do with modern professional football.

I guess this Comsec company are agents of someone like Opta that gathers detailed stats on EFL games. They no doubt pay a licence fee to the EFL to be able to do this exclusively and then sell these stats to media or the playing clubs themselves.

I guess their "inspectors" say a guy tapping into his phone to much and suspected he was gathering match data.

Its staggering that they would try and do it like this. Surely they should monitor uses of match stats and determine from that whether those came from the licenced source.

I guess this is only an issue in the EFL because in the PL every game is broadcast live so anyone want to gather match stats for immediate use they can just watch the broadcast.

It is another giant shit on the head of the fan in the stadium. I know there are fans that do like to gather some stats whilst they watch games, just like collecting programmes, so can tney not do that now. What about photos or videos? You see people taking shots or vids on their phones. I guess this is in breach of copyright too.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

This is funny.....the attempt to recover is cruelly foiled by the steward :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... s-salford/

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Clash wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:17 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fuck sake really? :banghead:

How many male officials with far more experience have these females been allowed to jump the queue on to get this match? And all in the name of equality? Except it's not equality, it's favouritism!

And what exactly do they hope to prove from this? The best that can happen is that they don't make a fuck up. And if they do, no doubt we will discouraged from being too harsh on them :roll:

Modern football bollocks indeed !
Allegedly they were blowing out their arses and struggling to keep up with play when it went to extra time :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Have to say that in my opinion the ref done a decent job in the final (didn't see extra time though). I get so frustrated watching matches where referee's give free's for the slightest of physical contact, but she let the game flow and refereed it (ironically) like it is meant to be a proper mans game 8)