other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Bradywasking »

I hate Klopp more and more with every passing game..Not the biggest trophy they will ever win, but stand in keeper saves the decisive penalty..let him have his moment....oh not Herr Klopp, onto the pitch for the cameras..

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:48 pm
I hate Klopp more and more with every passing game..Not the biggest trophy they will ever win, but stand in keeper saves the decisive penalty..let him have his moment....oh not Herr Klopp, onto the pitch for the cameras..
And the pen should have been re-taken so Klopp's celebrations should have been cut short. The keeper was clearly off his line when the ball was kicked. I hate VAR but at the very least it needs to be consistent.

Not a mention of it on BT ... although as the rules change every few weeks maybe I'm not up to date.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Preaching to the converted here buddy. :D

The bloke is now the biggest axe wound in football and has been for a few years tbh. What sickens me is the biggest bottler in world foitball fluked a fucking CL trophy. Their whole campaign was steeped in bizarre levels of good luck and then in the final they get to face a tiny nothing of a club managed by a complete belltard that has won nothing in a decade long managerial "career". :censored: :oops: :roll:

UEFA may as well have just given that shit devalued trophy to Stupid Teeth after the semi ffs. :roll:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:14 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Preaching to the converted here buddy. :D

The bloke is now the biggest axe wound in football and has been for a few years tbh. What sickens me is the biggest bottler in world foitball fluked a fucking CL trophy. Their whole campaign was steeped in bizarre levels of good luck and then in the final they get to face a tiny nothing of a club managed by a complete belltard that has won nothing in a decade long managerial "career". :censored: :oops: :roll:

UEFA may as well have just given that shit devalued trophy to Stupid Teeth after the semi ffs. :roll:
everytime i see him i want to punch the screen :box: :box:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Klopp was alright when he was at Dortmund. Sure at times he was known to carry on a bit with his touchline antics but it was never as over the top and cringe worthy as it is now.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

that was a great result for us last night - 120 mins of football played and mentally sapping penalties.

hopefully both are pretty fucked and drop points - Liverpool play Saturday btw,

with the spuds at City, it could be a good weekend for us. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:35 pm
that was a great result for us last night - 120 mins of football played and mentally sapping penalties.

There's an acca right there- scum, mousers, chavs and Bornleh all to lose. Take it to the bank kids. 8)

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:32 pm
clockender1 wrote:

There's an acca right there- scum, mousers, chavs and Bornleh all to lose. Take it to the bank kids. 8)
Not a betting man myself but that's a good shout.

Wonder what the odds are on City being the first team to top the table from the first match day to the last or has it already been done before? :rubchin:

Mourinho's Chelski team that defended their league title in 2005-06 were top of the table from the third round to the last. The following season ManUre led the league for all but two rounds. Looking back at it now I didn't realise how dominant those two teams were for their title wins. :shock: Definitely puts some historical perspective on City's recent dominance of the league under Guardiola.

Arsenal (2002-05) vs Chelski (2004-07) vs Yanited (2006-09) vs City (2017-20?)

All those great teams and we arguably had the best one out of all of them in the Invincibles but I still feel we underachieved compared to the others due to our inability to defend the title and our ineptitude in Europe. :(

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:32 pm
clockender1 wrote:

:barscarf:

i miss my match day bets. the first Saturday that I'm home i'm definitely hitting the bookies. in Guernsey you could do the fixed odds multi picks at the bar in the pub !

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Can't believe that the victims haven't managed to find a third party to blame for their own dickhead fan managing to injure Adriaaaaan :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

yep, the mousers are down two keepers and the chavs new striker hasn't scored in five games and he missed a pen on Wednesday night.

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:13 pm
Can't believe that the victims haven't managed to find a third party to blame for their own dickhead fan managing to injure Adriaaaaan :roll:
:lol:

Apparently said dickhead fan had a cockney accent..... :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:08 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

Apparently said dickhead fan had a cockney accent..... :lol:

Never in doubt :high5:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Apparently said dickhead fan had a Surrey accent..... :lol:
:roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:32 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Apparently said dickhead fan had a Surrey accent..... :lol:
:roll:

In fairness he did say a cockney accent, unless......... :rubchin: :lol:

I'm a Londoner with a London accent - not a cockney so I'm safe :lol: