OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Andrew

Re: Ozil and Kolasinac attempted hijacking

Post by Andrew »

Clash wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:40 pm
Not to make light of a serious incident ... but considering the money Ozil is on am I the only one disappointed with his car?

I thought it would at least have a few defence mechanisms for situations like this. Lasers, smoke bombs, poisoned darts, a cloak of invisibility etc.

That 350k a week is wasted on him!
He could just extend the one that he uses on the pitch...

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Emery says Ozil was 'a little sick' yesterday but trained today, do me a f*cking favour, I'm getting 'sick' of his whingy, hiding bs now, he and Miki are both pussies yet two of our highest paid players, both of them need to p1ss off now.

:censored:

Blim

Post by Blim »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:16 am
Emery says Ozil was 'a little sick' yesterday but trained today, do me a f*cking favour, I'm getting 'sick' of his whingy, hiding bs now, he and Miki are both pussies yet two of our highest paid players, both of them need to p1ss off now.

:censored:
You got that right, Ozil is Diaby mark 11 :(

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Must admit I forgot all about the court case last week. Well the two guys turned up to court and denied having a pop at a security guard........

that's all folks :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

From the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49819011

Two men have been charged following an attempted robbery of two Arsenal footballers.

Sead Kolašinac and Mesut Ozil were targeted by armed men in Platts Lane, near Golders Green, north-west London, on Thursday 25 July.

Ashley Smith, 30, of Cardinals Way, north London, is charged with attempted robbery and threatening a person with an offensive weapon on 5 September.

Jordan Northover, 26, of West Yorkshire, faces the same two charges.

Mr Smith, who faces an additional charge of possession of cannabis was remanded in custody and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Thursday.

Kolašinac and Ozil have both returned to playing for the Premier League side after missing several matches following concerns about their security at the start of the season.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Smith and Northover are not very turkish names...

Blim

Post by Blim »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:26 pm
Smith and Northover are not very turkish names...
Ashley Smith, 30, and Jordan Northover, 26, were last night charged with attempted robbery and threatening a person with an offensive weapon on July 25 in Platts Lane, North London. So it wasn't the Turkish Mafia then lol anything for a few days off :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Seems a bit odd to be targetted twice by two 'apparently separate' outfits in such a short space of time. Either our two have been very very unlucky or there is still more to the story.

Blim

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by Blim »

The sooner this pleb goes the better, what a waste of money, its said that Ozil still does not wish to leave the Emirates, I am not surprised getting all that money for sitting on his ass. He has not made the effort for a while Emery gave him chances but he didn't take them, you can see he is just not bothered. Waste of space.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Blim wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:12 pm
The sooner this pleb goes the better, what a waste of money, its said that Ozil still does not wish to leave the Emirates, I am not surprised getting all that money for sitting on his ass. He has not made the effort for a while Emery gave him chances but he didn't take them, you can see he is just not bothered. Waste of space.
To be fair to Ozil, the only look he had was Carabao Cup. Anything else was too short of a space for him to do anything. He is still one of the best at what he does albeit losing it a bit in the last few seasons. I know our team is looking good now with Rob, Hec and Tierney coming back but at some point he needs to be given 90 minutes to do his job.

For the better or worse, he is probably the most creative midfielder we have.

Blim

Post by Blim »

Rian1 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:06 pm
Blim wrote:
To be fair to Ozil, the only look he had was Carabao Cup. Anything else was too short of a space for him to do anything. He is still one of the best at what he does albeit losing it a bit in the last few seasons. I know our team is looking good now with Rob, Hec and Tierney coming back but at some point he needs to be given 90 minutes to do his job.

That's when he decides to turn up though, he has the tallent (or had it) but he doesn't use it much. He is a passenger now.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Blim wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:53 am
Rian1 wrote:
Blim wrote:

That's when he decides to turn up though, he has the tallent (or had it) but he doesn't use it much. He is a passenger now.
Agreed. How many chances does this guy need. I was going to say want but I think that would be the wrong choice of word as I don't believe he genuinely 'wants' to play anymore. His body language says everything about the guy, he's like a sulky teenager.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Blim wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
Blim wrote:

Agreed, but UE makes him one. Yeah fine, he has had his differences but for the love of God use him because it's not that we have a Maddison or KDB at the heart of the midfield who creates chances left and right at every occasion.

At the end of the day it's Ozil, one of the best at what he does and even at his shit days he attracts players and distributes the ball well. Not really ideal to piss him off by making him a Carabao Cup player when he can make a difference in category B/C games where we seem to struggle (i.e. Villa was one before the comeback).

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:02 pm
Blim wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
Blim wrote:

Agreed. How many chances does this guy need.
He's been given one since the start of the season and last season he played (if memory serves right) 23, scoring 5.

Agreed that he does look fed up when he loses the ball and tracking isn't his forte. Ozil in the team makes the team more attractive, that's where the point is. Give him his n10 role and he will create chances for Pepe, Auba and Laca.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:10 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:02 pm
Blim wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
Blim wrote:

Agreed. How many chances does this guy need.
He's been given one since the start of the season and last season he played (if memory serves right) 23, scoring 5.

Agreed that he does look fed up when he loses the ball and tracking isn't his forte. Ozil in the team makes the team more attractive, that's where the point is. Give him his n10 role and he will create chances for Pepe, Auba and Laca.

You can't have "tracking isn't his forte" in this day and age and let's be honest tracking isn't even in his vocabulary. If we had a midfield good enough to accommodate Ozil floating about then yes stick him in but the fact is our midfield is often average at best and includes Xhaka too so Ozil just becomes a step too far imo.