Home to Burnley Sat 17th 12.30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Home to Burnley Sat 17th 12.30

Post by BFG4 »

Glad we won but to say we are poor at the back is an understatement. No one in there taking control, and Leno just punching at everything, it's scary to think what will happen against any decent opposition. The one positive today was Ceballos, he is like a mix of Cazorla and Fabregas, looks an incredible player. Also Aubameyang with 2 from 2 and on his way to be up there for top scorer again - something that Giroud prick could only dream of when he was with us. On a sidenote, I despise Dyche, and again today, he spends the game complaining about every decision, loves playing the victim every game against us.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:05 pm
This ‘playing it out from the back’ bollocks is losing us the ball time after time!! :banghead: FFS Arsenal, mix it up a bit, if they are
All round our box to stop us playing out, stick Pepe and PEA up front for the long ball! :roll:
Start counting to 10 when we begin that bollocks, you'll rarely make it to six before we've pissed away possession. Suicidal football.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

It frightens me what Ceballos will be worth at the end of the season if this is the level of his performance. With Modric now coming to the end of his career RM would be absolutely insane to let us buy this little gem.

Wins a win, we know about the defence but 6 points before we hit the big boys is good enough for me. Pepe looks a class act too.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:16 pm
Again another booking, deliberately pushed Torerria into Leno, could have been serious.....dangerous play...fuck all done
I was thinking the exact same thing mate, Mike Dean what an UtterCUNT - 2 or 3 seasons ago the same thing happened when I think it was either an Orc or WBA player pushed our Right Back - even though there was no chance of him getting the ball into the hording behind the line and the Arsenal defender was then out for the rest of the season , sorry can't recall who it was :? :oops:

We are still so "shaky" as a defence, I know we have Tierney and Bellerin to come back in, but Monreal just isn't good enough even for cover...Chambers and Holding will need a lot of drilling as there are bound to be occasions when one of the regular back 3 or 4 have a niggle etc

Caballos was awesome, I hope he continues in that kind of form, he turns defence into attack in the blink of an eye...real "Skills" and "Vision".

I know it's only temporary but:

"We Are Top Of The League

Say

We Are Top Of The League" :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Sing it while we can, as it may not happen again this season :?

Herd

Post by Herd »

The thing that scares me is that we played just the same as we did under TOF but few of that team were his.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:57 pm
So good to see Mustafi in his jeans and jumper and not a football kit.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd rather see him in a football shirt

For another team! :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dyche that whinging pussyhole is now claiming that the Arsenal players were diving and "Rolling around everywhere" - reminds me of that sweaty fat slug allardyce the bentCUNT.

What about the off the ball fouls by his retards????? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :box: :cussing:

Don't think it'll happen but would enjoy seeing burnley go down and take dychetheDyke with them

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:09 pm
TeeCee wrote:
This ‘playing it out from the back’ bollocks is losing us the ball time after time!! :banghead: FFS Arsenal, mix it up a bit, if they are
All round our box to stop us playing out, stick Pepe and PEA up front for the long ball! :roll:
Start counting to 10 when we begin that bollocks, you'll rarely make it to six before we've pissed away possession. Suicidal football.
Yeah it also doesn't really make sense, if they are pressing us high then it means they have less players to win the long kick downfield so it's worth playing the percentages, then they might stop doing it (sometimes) and we can play out without being under so much pressure.

:banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:21 pm
Mike Dean is a *word censored* he always books our players but rarely gives the oppo cards when he refs us :cussing:
He booked 3 of our players FFS...with Auba he literally could not get the card out quick enough...hes a nuttter

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:13 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:57 pm
So good to see Mustafi in his jeans and jumper and not a football kit.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd rather see him in a football shirt

For another team! :wink:
At the nearest airport

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:13 pm
TeeCee wrote:
One mistake and they are in on goal...fucking dangerous
At least with the long ball out if you loose it is not in a goal scoring area.....

augie

Post by augie »

IF, and I understand that it is early days still, but if Ceballos continues to play like that and continues to get the love and support he got from the fans today, then there is no way he would go back to real madrid to be a squad player again. In a lot of respects footballers are like little kids, and like kids they want to be loved and told how great they are all the time, and by the time he goes back to madrid, they will likely have bought Pogba or erikson or some other high profile player that plays in his position, and he will be further away from their first 11 than ever

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:38 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:03 pm
We still look like a team lacking cohesion and we are going to struggle in the next two games probably :roll:

I'm still not impressed with Willock and Nelson but they have to get time in the team i suppose

^^^ This v 100

They are young and I get that, but these games are especially important when we have the victims and the swamp c.unts in the next 2 games, and I don't think that they are ready to be starters YET. How Willock lasted 90+ minutes is beyond me cos he lost a ton of possession.

Ceballos was absolutely different gravy - when laca gets back fit, and when pepe gets used to English football, this guy will be an assist master as he slides those passes through for them.

Performance wise it was a mixed bag again, but what it is, is 6 points from 2 games and that is huge :barscarf: :barscarf:
Looks like Ozil will be on his way ASAP, this Ceballos is exactly what we wanted....top class

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Rian1 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:41 pm
Ceballos is fucking lethal if he puts these performances consistently I'd be well over the moon to send a BACS payment to Real next summer. But knowing our fuck ups we probably didn't put a buy back on him.

Shaky at the back and Leno had his moments but if Luiz/Papa builds up we are good but UE should focus on 2nd balls and 2nd chances that we don't seem to wake up on. We switch off after the first clearance and then are on the back foot.

Ceballos to run hoops against Ndombele on the 1st September, you heard it here first lads!
Thing i like about him, is he is tough as well as extremely skillful

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Rian1 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:44 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:21 pm
Mike Dean is a *word censored* he always books our players but rarely gives the oppo cards when he refs us :cussing:
The prick supports Tranmere but truly roots against us when he is in
and the scum apparently, mug comes from Harrow