Home to Burnley Sat 17th 12.30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Poldi

Re: Home to Burnley Sat 17th 12.30

Post by Poldi »

. .
Last edited by Poldi on Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:57 pm
goonertone wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:32 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:13 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:57 pm
So good to see Mustafi in his jeans and jumper and not a football kit.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd rather see him in a football shirt

For another team! :wink:

At the nearest airport

Actually, now I think of it, my preference would be for him to be in the kit of whichever team we were playing against each week.
Now THAT is Good Thinking! :lol: :high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:23 pm
Was willing to give Ozil one final chance this season but he’s gone down sick again already :roll:

Get fucking rid before the window closes because having that toxic shit around the place is like a cancer eating away at the squad. If there’s any truth in this Washington rumours then ship the prick out there immediately even if we’re still picking up half his wages.
I know he (Ozil) owns a number of Franchises & Businesses (Fashion/Food Outlets/ Restaurants/Reality Estate) his money and others manage them.

I do not know if this is true, but as part of any deal for him to go the Washington DC he has 'stipulated' that one of his Coffee/Cafe franchises is opened at The Emirates AND in Washigton .. it wouldn't surprise me. :?

What's KERRRCCCHHHINNNGGGG! in German????

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:46 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:43 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:10 pm
It frightens me what Ceballos will be worth at the end of the season if this is the level of his performance. With Modric now coming to the end of his career RM would be absolutely insane to let us buy this little gem.

Wins a win, we know about the defence but 6 points before we hit the big boys is good enough for me. Pepe looks a class act too.
Most of these loans have agreements to buy the player, does anyone know what's the deal with this loan?

No option to buy sadly, Madrid know they have a player on their hands unfortunately.

Madrid would have sold him to us last month but sadly the kid himself doesn't want to give up on his madrid dream

Clash

Post by Clash »

Enjoyed the game but this playing out from the back is not good for my heart :banghead:

Should have wrapped it up long before the end though instead of it going to the wire.

Agree with others that Ceballos was outstanding. Gonna enjoy watching him play in the home games at least.

VAR just ruined the day though with what happened at City :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Clash wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:43 pm

VAR just ruined the day though with what happened at City :banghead:
And yet again it goes is spuds favour, just like in the CL last season against City, they get incredible luck.

:banghead:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

augie wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:36 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
It frightens me what Ceballos will be worth at the end of the season if this is the level of his performance. With Modric now coming to the end of his career RM would be absolutely insane to let us buy this little gem.

Wins a win, we know about the defence but 6 points before we hit the big boys is good enough for me. Pepe looks a class act too.
Most of these loans have agreements to buy the player, does anyone know what's the deal with this loan?

No option to buy sadly, Madrid know they have a player on their hands unfortunately.

Madrid would have sold him to us last month but sadly the kid himself doesn't want to give up on his madrid dream
Can you blame him, it's Madrid and one wonder season of his capabilities means he's the replacement to Modric/Casemiro and nailed down. I think Madrid knows he's good just wanted to see exactly how good and it doesn't get any better than PL football to shine. Still hope they waste their money on the twat at United so we can snatch him for 40-60m. He's look dead solid in the midefield since Cesc and Santi departed.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Was willing to give Ozil one final chance this season but he’s gone down sick again already :roll:

Get fucking rid before the window closes because having that toxic shit around the place is like a cancer eating away at the squad. If there’s any truth in this Washington rumours then ship the prick out there immediately even if we’re still picking up half his wages.
I know he (Ozil) owns a number of Franchises & Businesses (Fashion/Food Outlets/ Restaurants/Reality Estate) his money and others manage them.

I do not know if this is true, but as part of any deal for him to go the Washington DC he has 'stipulated' that one of his Coffee/Cafe franchises is opened at The Emirates AND in Washigton .. it wouldn't surprise me. :?

This is why media is always to be taken with negative outset. Not true, him owning businesses has nothing to do with his football career, he can open his business anywhere (and did outside the UK) without him being physically present in the country.

There was no such stipulation, whomever the source is. His coffee outlet would be opened at Audi Field but that's not your, mine or Arsenal's business; it's between Ozil and DC and it was proposed to compensate the reduced wage, most likely.

The real news is his agent 'accepted' a formal meet between DC reps and Ozil's agent because the agent explored the expansion of his business in the USA since he will be a A-list player and the most popular figure. The meet didn't go anywhere, btw.

I may be in the negative opinion here but Ozil and Ceballos would be a good duo with Guen or Torreira holding the back four if Xhaka is not selected.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

When oh when.will the authorities call the Cum Gargler to account..? Second year in a row he uses the media to have a moan about non existent diving by Arsenal players
Even Danny Murphy, he who loves to have a go at Arsenal ,couldn't agree with him on MOTD. He should be made explain his comments...Small time prick.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

You guys realise that if we don't START Torreira + ANYBODY [other than XHAKA] against Liverpool,

Were doomed!

We need our BEST BALL WINNER !!! Actual Natural Born DM, next to someone who can also actually win back the ball,

& not SPECTATE with the Captains Badge on :banghead: , Take 5hrs to make up his mind where to pass the ball? :hmmthink:

Rather that Win back the ball + Drive Foward + Drive Past Defenders + Create Space + Shoot & SCORE!!!

All of these things Torreira & Kante CAN DO well, but ALL are out of Xhaka's range on possibility.

[The only thing he ever dribbled on was FOOD...NEVER ON THE PITCH...cannot move the ball forward]

Anyway so heres to hoping against Liverpool our 'DM' Partnership is

Torreira + Guendouzi / Willock / Ceballos [if Ozil shows up to work :alarmclock:] / the water boy

& if all of these OTHER guys are Unavailable due to a sudden...SUDDEN inconspicuously & ironically timed ..... illness :alarmclock:

THEN.....Xhaka can start...& I'll pray from SECOND 1 ............... Till 5mins After Extra time, that we don't need to press charges for battery! :groaner:

[Duracell or Energizer....more likely Energizer...]

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:38 pm
When oh when.will the authorities call the Cum Gargler to account..? Second year in a row he uses the media to have a moan about non existent diving by Arsenal players
Even Danny Murphy, he who loves to have a go at Arsenal ,couldn't agree with him on MOTD. He should be made explain his comments...Small time prick.
Agreed, if he's truly concerned about the welfare of the beautiful game he should be looking to put his own house in order first, his team committing cynical fouls all game.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Rian1 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:16 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

This is why media is always to be taken with negative outset. Not true, him owning businesses has nothing to do with his football career, he can open his business anywhere (and did outside the UK) without him being physically present in the country.

There was no such stipulation, whomever the source is. His coffee outlet would be opened at Audi Field but that's not your, mine or Arsenal's business; it's between Ozil and DC and it was proposed to compensate the reduced wage, most likely.

The real news is his agent 'accepted' a formal meet between DC reps and Ozil's agent because the agent explored the expansion of his business in the USA since he will be a A-list player and the most popular figure. The meet didn't go anywhere, btw.

I may be in the negative opinion here but Ozil and Ceballos would be a good duo with Guen or Torreira holding the back four if Xhaka is not selected.
Ozil is history now, get shot of him....sure Emery has made his conclusion by now

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:18 am
Rian1 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:16 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Ozil is history now, get shot of him....sure Emery has made his conclusion by now

Fully agree. Ceballos highlighted what a lazy bast.ard Ozil has become. Don't want Ozil anywhere near the team going forward.

The problem with Ozil getting to the MLS next season.....or even this December..... is that the top money earner Zlatan is 'only' on about $7M dollars per year, less than a third of what our precious little flower gets for parking his arse on the bench. Our best hope of getting shot of him is that the carjacking episode has unsettled him enough that he decides to clear off.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:36 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Ceballos quotes yesterday....

“I am very proud of my teammates! And most of all, Arsenal fans were spectacular. I have felt their support and love since the first ball contact.
The truth is that for me it has been one of the most special days of my life"

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Ceballos work rate was superb yesterday.

That was quite the home debut, both defensively and going forward - two assists on his home debut.

We just paid 72 mill for Pepe, if we do well and finish 2nd, no reason hed not stay if we offerred RM 100mill or so.

The club now has a Spanish culture with Dick, Jose, Edu, Torreira, Nacho , Bellerin, Martinez and Luiz all being native or fairly fluent Spanish speakers. That provides a lot of support for young spanish players like Ceballos.

It also gives them a reason to stay.

Regarding Willock, i thought he put in a shift yesterday and won the ball alot. Once he gets up to speed and stops getting caught in possession he will be a very useful addition in the fast high pressing game that Dick wants us to play.

Oh and one of Dozer or Luiz needs to get a haircut, its confusing to watch a game a distance lol.