VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: VAR

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:24 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:57 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:18 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:05 pm

:lol:

Rumour has it they're roughly as frequent as an Arsenal title win :lol:

(I could have said scum but that would have been too harsh :roll: or would it :rubchin: :box: :lol: )

Not too harsh at all Jock. Had he not posted the above, then as frequent as a West Ham title win would have been perfectly analogous. :lol:

As it's the shammers, I guess we could soften that a little bit by including Division 2 'title' wins..........but then again maybe not :lol:

Yes, Division 2 title wins......that's the times he agreed with something sensible someone else said. :lol:

He must be on holiday.......he usually bites quicker than this ! :lol:

Very true. Either that or he's grown up suddenly........nah he's on holiday :lol:

Maybe he's gone for a few days to stay in Augie's "culchie" village. Y'know, get away from it all and enjoy some care and attention from the locals.....Deliverance style ! :lol:

I'm looking forwards to him reading all this. :-P

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:43 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Not too harsh at all Jock. Had he not posted the above, then as frequent as a West Ham title win would have been perfectly analogous. :lol:

As it's the shammers, I guess we could soften that a little bit by including Division 2 'title' wins..........but then again maybe not :lol:

Yes, Division 2 title wins......that's the times he agreed with something sensible someone else said. :lol:

Very true. Either that or he's grown up suddenly........nah he's on holiday :lol:

Maybe he's gone for a few days to stay in Augie's "culchie" village. Y'know, get away from it all and enjoy some care and attention from the locals.....Deliverance style ! :lol:

:cake:

:box:

Get a room you pair of old tarts. :lol: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Really? Personally I couldn't care less. Let's face it he'll just come away with one of his glib little remarks as per usual :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:29 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Really? Personally I couldn't care less. Let's face it he'll just come away with one of his glib little remarks as per usual :lol:

Yeah, you're right. Some daft remark along the lines of "why don't you two get a room", or something equally banal no doubt. :roll:

All part of the "Hitler Complex" once you're made a mod.

I wonder if he "got a room" with one of the culchies, or if the backwater welcome took place behind the barn ?! :rubchin:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:09 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:29 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Yeah, you're right. Some daft remark along the lines of "why don't you two get a room", or something equally banal no doubt. :roll:

All part of the "Hitler Complex" once you're made a mod.

I wonder if he "got a room" with one of the culchies, or if the backwater welcome took place behind the barn ?! :rubchin:
Wonder if there is a medical term for the "Hitler Complex" as you say :rubchin:

Oh I would imagine the barn would have been the venue given that they keep the animals there :lol: I can only guess how much hassle it would be for them to drag an unwilling participant into the cave dweller's gaff :shock:

Cue another predictable response :roll: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Usually I'm fairly anti-PC but I think it's great we let you closet homos on here. Live and let live I say! :D

Because years ago I'd have put you on the trains to the camps. :shock:

Too far....?

:lol: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:58 am
Usually I'm fairly anti-PC but I think it's great we let you closet homos on here. Live and let live I say! :D

Too far....?

Oh, hello Adolf how's tricks?

I've always thought you got a bad press over the camps........after all you weren't exclusive with who you sent there.....Jews, homos, gypsies, red heads, soviet POWs, jehovahs, political opponents.....fascist really?..... you were quite liberal with membership weren't you :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Too far....?

I've always thought you got a bad press over the camps........after all you weren't exclusive with who you sent there.....Jews, homos, gypsies, red heads, soviet POWs, jehovahs, political opponents.....fascist really?..... you were quite liberal with membership weren't you :lol:
Ja Drecksäcken! :box:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Too far....?

Schweineficker :box: :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:30 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Too far....?

Schweineficker :box: :box:
To quote Wrighty quoting a really good old Dublin insult: "brush your teeth!"

:barscarf: :box: :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Would rather have VAR than LAR...Liverpool Assisted Referee..

augie

Post by augie »

Imo the chavs were denied a penalty today when var refused to check foul inside Norwich area - who the fcuk decides what or when to check things ? Absolutely no consistency :roll: :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

var is fucking corrupt.

stone wall pen for city and it's not given. player stamps on his foot ffs

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

It seems Mike Dean has sussed VAR out and other refs are following suit. As they look at clear and obvious decisions made by the ref, then if the ref doesn't make a decision, its not clear and obvious therefore VAR backs up the ref. VAR is there to aid the ref, not necessarily overrule him. There's a lot of penalties not going to be given this season.
At Norwich yesterday, the ref didn't appear to award the goal, and waited for VAR to help him make a decision to disallow chelski's goal for a foul on the keeper.

bunch

Post by bunch »

That non-penalty at Bournemouth v City highlights the importance of the communication between the VAR and the on field ref.

Once the VAR has looked at it he needs to ask the ref

" did you see the defender tread on the foot of the attacker just before he fell?"

If the answer is "Yes I did but I think the attacker went down too easily/threw himself to the floor/was on his way down already" then the VAR is likely to back up the on field decision.

If the answer is "No I didn't" the the VAR can award the penalty because there was a clear and obvious error, ie the ref didnt see the defender tread on the attacker's foot.

No one gets to hear the conversation between the VAR and the ref. Until we do, other sports do broadcast it, then we are in the dark as to exactly why it wasnt given, but we can assume that it is the first of the scenarios above, ref saw tread but thought that it didnt cause the fall. Its a mistake, but we kind of know where the mistake lies ie. with the onfield ref.