AWAY to the Victims SAT AUGUST 24th 17:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shu

Re: AWAY to the Victims SAT AUGUST 24th 17:30pm

Post by shu »

Xhaka is pure shite , I needs to realise that

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

We could have had Klopp 5 years ago if not for Kroenke, spending a little bit of money (that was made by the club) does not appease me, I'm no AFTV mug.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

15 minutes to go and I can already sum up this shit. Emery got his tactics beyond wrong, allowing them to continuously whip crosses in and all in the hope we might nick one on the break, fucking brain dead :banghead: Add to that leaving the likes of Xhaka out there and it's fucking laughable management. I know I'l get the usual "it's too early in the season" but fuck that, the guy isn't up to it and should be gone. We are into his 2nd season and we are getting raped away at a supposed rival again.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:56 pm
Emery and he alone must take the blame - he chose the team and the format - end of. :banghead:

And he alone ?? Have you not watched xhaka, Ceballos, auba, monreal, maitland-niles and Willock ? A mixture of gutless spineless and useless b.astards. The spineless mentality is more a part of our dna than anything else these days :oops: :oops: :oops:

For the record, I wanted auba sold in the summer - a flat track bully who hides and puts in minimal effort if the conditions are not perfect for him :evil:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

If I was laca I’d tell emery to do one.

augie

Post by augie »

Why bother bringing in laca for 10 minutes when we are already 3 down ? If he isn't fit enough to play when the game is in the balance, why risk him now when the game is over ?? :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Wrong tactics today.

You don’t go to Anfield where Liverpool haven’t lost since MARCH 2018, and play two up and try and play out from the back.

Dixon is crucifying Dick and sadly he’s right - you fight and disrupt. Not try and out play them.

Touch and go or long ball over the top- tikka takka is fine when you’re at home, super confident and on a run.

I’m very sad about today. Fucking deja vu.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Xhaka starting ahead of Torreira? Really?

Sideshow Bob is not the colossus we needed in defence.

Pepe is fast, direct.....but is he TH14 without the end product?

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:09 pm
Wrong tactics today.

You don’t go to Anfield where Liverpool haven’t lost since MARCH 2018, and play two up and try and play out from the back.

Dixon is crucifying Dick and sadly he’s right - you fight and disrupt. Not try and out play them.

Touch and go or long ball over the top- tikka takka is fine when you’re at home, super confident and on a run.

Agree with this 100%. Liverpools strength is the high press. You don't play out from the back like pillocks. Really poor tactics today.

augie

Post by augie »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:10 pm
Xhaka starting ahead of Torreira? Really?

Sideshow Bob is not the colossus we needed in defence.

Pepe is fast, direct.....but is he TH14 without the end product?

How long did it take henry to score his first goal for us ? How many did henry miss in big games ? Pepe is just in the door ffs

augie

Post by augie »

begeegs wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:11 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:09 pm
Wrong tactics today.

Agree with this 100%. Liverpools strength is the high press. You don't play out from the back like pillocks. Really poor tactics today.

How many of their goals came from us playing out from the back ? Our (dicks) biggest fcuk up today was playing TOO DEFENSIVE and allowing them to gain possession and control the game - we need to go with 3 up top and pin their full backs back instead of allowing them to take the game to us

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Torreirra. Good lad.

Why didn’t laca come on 10 minutes earlier?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Dick fucked up today

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:17 am
Ray C wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:54 am
Sane & Robertson v Maitland - Niles worries me. He can't defend. Can't wait for Bellend & the young scotsman to fill the full back spots. As I said earlier in posting, would be happy with 4 - 4 draw. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Yeah it's a real shame we are crippled in the full-back areas (again) as that really gives them an advantage, I think they'll beat us though hopefully we won't sh!t our pants like last season and lose 5-1, I would probably go with 2-1 / 3-1 to them. Hope I'm wrong but I try to be objective rather than go in with blind optimism like a lot of fans, if we had a fully fit squad I think we could give them a real tough game.

:banghead:
:roll:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

augie wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:15 pm

How many of their goals came from us playing out from the back ? Our (dicks) biggest fcuk up today was playing TOO DEFENSIVE and allowing them to gain possession and control the game - we need to go with 3 up top and pin their full backs back instead of allowing them to take the game to us
I don't disagree with the general synopsis, but I do think that Emery was trying to hit them on the counter and then not actually trying to bypass all of the traffic from the press. We did get pinned in for long spells and coughed the ball up loads because of playing out of the back with short passing. No - they didn't score, but it is still poor from Emery.

It does look like we are going to carry on from last year with changing tactics every game and not settle on a couple of formations which work. That is going to cost us with a lack of fluid play.

Also, I have to echo the comments from others - Xhaka shouldn't have been picked today.
Last edited by begeegs on Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.