Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

Post by Clash »

Clash wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:29 pm
That blue shirt looks nice and is probably the one that looks best if you wear it with jeans ... but I cannot think of a fixture where we will actually need this kit. Not unless we draw Melchester Rovers away in the FA Cup anyway :D

It annoyed me yesterday seeing us wear yellow at Newcastle when we should have worn red. Save wearing the yellow for when we play teams in red (or maybe teams with white shorts) because this is classic Arsenal and the contrast in colours is what makes it so good. To make things worse, I can see us turning up at Anfield and OT and wearing blue :roll:

Adidas have done us proud with all three kits but the people who make the decisions about what kit we wear are too often still clueless :roll:
:banghead:

Sorry to quote myself but I couldnt be bothered to type it out again! The writing was on the wall when we wore yellow at Newcastle :banghead:

It really fucks me off when teams wear the wrong kits. I expect many of the people who decide are clueless but there is probably a lot of truth in what OBG says too!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:48 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:08 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:04 am
Why are we not wearing the yellow shirts at Anfield ?
Huh? Really? We're not? That's just shit. Wearing the Yellow up there has HUGE historical significance obviously. This is utter shitness from the club. :roll:

Who would be responsible for making that decision ?? :?
Personally I too think it is the marketing cùnts that make these decisions or at least influence whoever makes the final call.

wibble

Post by wibble »

augie wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:48 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:08 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:04 am
Why are we not wearing the yellow shirts at Anfield ?
Huh? Really? We're not? That's just shit. Wearing the Yellow up there has HUGE historical significance obviously. This is utter shitness from the club. :roll:

Who would be responsible for making that decision ?? :?
Wenger :wink:

bunch

Post by bunch »

This falls under the "Modern football bol**cks" heading.

Pretty sure the kit manufacturers contractually oblige clubs to wear 2nd and 3rd kits a minimum number of times each season so planning ahead I bet the 3rd kit could only be used on a limited occaisions this season, Anfield being one.

So its no longer that you change from home kit if there is a clash, default for away games is to change to 2nd or 3rd and only red and white when either of these clash.

I hate it.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

bunch wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:18 pm

Pretty sure the kit manufacturers contractually oblige clubs to wear 2nd and 3rd kits a minimum number of times each season so planning ahead I bet the 3rd kit could only be used on a limited occaisions this season, Anfield being one.

So its no longer that you change from home kit if there is a clash, default for away games is to change to 2nd or 3rd and only red and white when either of these clash.

I hate it.
No coincidence that it’s also the first away match since the later than other two kit launch.

It’s a pure out-and-out marketing ploy, to have it in a high profile match to promote it worldwide. :cussing:

Should have worn yellow

bunch

Post by bunch »

That is a nice shade of blue though. Stick a chicken balancing on a basketball on it and you've really got something :roll:

Clash

Post by Clash »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:20 am
bunch wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:18 pm

I hate it.
No coincidence that it’s also the first away match since the later than other two kit launch.

It’s a pure out-and-out marketing ploy, to have it in a high profile match to promote it worldwide. :cussing:

Should have worn yellow
Agree with both of you. I hate this modern trend too and its definitely about making more money!

We've gone from having 2 kits that changed every 2 or 3 seasons to 3 kits that change every season.

3rd kits are a rip-off. I know you cant actually get ripped off if you don't buy them but you still have to watch your team and other teams playing in the wrong colours :banghead:

I noticed Chelsea wore white away at Norwich yesterday even though their blue doesnt clash ... we've even worn blue ourselves away at Norwich in the past which is f-king ridiculous :roll:

Clash

Post by Clash »

bunch wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:52 am
That is a nice shade of blue though. Stick a chicken balancing on a basketball on it and you've really got something :roll:
Have to say that although I like the photos I had seen of this blue kit, actually watching us wearing it in a game, I didnt like it at all.

Admittedly I was already irritated that we weren't wearing yellow but its also far too much like something the scum would wear! We do not even need a blue kit.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So as predicted by yours fucking truly the bruised banana reissue is coming in January along with these other bad boys. Why they didn’t release them for the Christmas market is anyone’s fucking guess mind.

So despite being completely fucked off with the club right now they shall still be receiving all my money.

It’s a funny ol’ game 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The squashed wasp jersey is a thing of beauty. Still have my original one. 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:45 pm
So as predicted by yours fucking truly the bruised banana reissue is coming in January along with these other bad boys. Why they didn’t release them for the Christmas market is anyone’s fucking guess mind.

So despite being completely fucked off with the club right now they shall still be receiving all my money.

It’s a funny ol’ game 8)
Had both of these

Funny how the old crest is still okay to be used when there is money to be made out of it eh ? :rubchin:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Is it my eyes or are the adidas logo and club crest rather too close together on the bruised banana jersey - doesn't look right :?

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:30 am
Is it my eyes or are the adidas logo and club crest rather too close together on the bruised banana jersey - doesn't look right :?

No I think you are right 8)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:37 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:30 am

No I think you are right 8)

Thank you.

Hey Rodders, what's your source for this bit of good news? Not questioning it but, well, is it legit :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Rodders will probably view this as blasphemous I know, but the adidas jackets really don't do it for me - everytime I look at them I see conehead Houston standing on the sideline :lol:
The sweatshirt is ok though 8)