AWAY to the Victims SAT AUGUST 24th 17:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: AWAY to the Victims SAT AUGUST 24th 17:30pm

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:18 pm
Unai Emery is to Blame. It was he who selected the team and He who decided on the diamond formation, a formation the players had NOT played in before.

The players can only operate within the constraints of the system they are told to play in, it was always going to be a tough ask to go to scouseshyteland and get a result, the players were asked to play in an unfamiliar system AND he chose the wrong selection from the off, he should have chosen Laca and Torreira to start, instead he chose the equivalent of his love child xhaka.

If anyone is to blame it is Unai Emery.

You cannot seriously be giving the players a free pass for yesterday ?? :shock: :shock: :shock: Dick's tactics were a disgrace yesterday, but there is no excuse for a lack of guts, of effort, and a lack of basic football skills (tackling and passing to a team-mate), plus (and I dont want to be harsh here) but if pepe scores in the first half, it could have been a different game

General

Post by General »

The shape was all wrong and it would’ve come as no surprise if we’d lost by a bigger margin. First time I’m starting to doubt the direction Dicky is taking this club. No idea why it took him him so long to make changes. The French guy’s ghost is still not haunting the bench surely.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:28 pm
The most worrying thing about Emery is how much he rates Xhaka. That in itself is cause for huge alarm.....if he cannot see how poor Xhaka is, what hope is there going forward/?
.... ... .... More dots

LOUD SIGH.. ... ..

[Attempt at the DEFENSE of Emery] :roll:

1st we saw a Match With NO MUSTAFI... :)

Then..a Match With NO MUSTAFI, NO OZIL... :D
Then at Burnley, even though all parties were fit ..we saw a Match With NO MUSTAFI, NO OZIL , NO XHAKA :shock: :barscarf: 8) :dancingbanana: :dance: :whee:

He knows where the Deadwood is, 30yr old's [ Like Me ] & Former TOP Quality....some were Never there, just chosen & put out of position [XHAKA]

He's Been Phasing them out as Intelligently as he could & in the Window he got Reinforcements in...most Likely THE WRONG AREA but improvements in the Crucial Area. [Defense.....'Sport Scientists' :pixie2: who looked at last season, ALONE & decided ATTACK was the weakest area...should be put down!...after 2 Consecutive 50+ Goals conceeded Seasons, after Same amt of goals scored & after Neglecting that MOST Every team in 2019/20 Season has IMPROVED in key Areas, achieving BALANCE, Where as we went in the opposite dir as usual, After Ignoring that the TOP 4 battle WILL Honestly be a 7 to 9 Horse Race this season...Leicester, Wolves, Everton,Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea,ManU...[Enter your DARK HORSE HERE :censored: ]

THE ENTIRE LEAGUE has Improved, its no longer going to be Just a Simple EASY game at Anybody.

So he's Slowly, CAREFULLY Phasing out the Deadwood, [ Properly & Violently With Mustafi & Elneny!! :twisted: ]

& to Aviod Injury, he's Slowly & Carefully Integrating & Making Regular the New Quality & BEST PLAYERS..Fighters, Ball Winners!

The Best Midfielder we have is LUCAS TORREIRA....Forget Ozil..[Thanks for the memories]..Forget 'Overhyped' Ceballos..., but Torreira came on in this MOST DIFF MATCH...

against the UCL WINNERS & Scored & he's a BLOODY DM!!!!...Like Kante..he's much more talented than to just be put in that category, nor to be

treated as ' Late Game Management' & 'Damage Limitation' ONLY!!!

Emery Must know this

He took his time Introducing Pepe, Making sure he was fit B4 his 1st full 90, He's Doing the Same with Torreira Hopefully!

[ PEPE is the 1st HUMAN to dribble past Virgil Van Dyke since Mikel Merino 50 games Prior, so his Benching of Lacazette was JUSTIFED & You Know it! Tactically it made sense to play a New Player that COULD get past the BEST DEFENDER in the world...Def BALLON DOR Winner for 2019, & the Top goal Scorer for Last season, the only one NOT IN A LIVERPOOL SHIRT..aka AUBA...who had a chance & was NOT CLINICAL...Shielded off the ball like a Baby, with ONE HAND by Van DAMME!!!.....Emery's Tactics made sense...had either of them scored the game would have been diff...were at a dif development stage than UCL Winners Liver..so this is GOOD!...hope he works on their CLINICAL Speed & Accuracy...Auba could have taken the shot with his 1st touch...]

Next up is Xhaka on the bench & Torreira STARTING + [ANYBODY except Xhaka] as the DM partneship for the season.

& we go Foward with that I hope...& in the Jan Transfer Window...we MOVE ON some more DEADWOOD! ...& get a RB because Bellerin looks like

he'll be ready in 2023, & Ainsley is being abused OUT OF POSITION Wenger Style!

#COYG.....we must Completely OBLITERATE SPURS!!!

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!! :crest:
Last edited by Zanatos3 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Usual shite against them :roll: very Wengerlike :| hate that shower of filthy *word censored* :(

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:14 pm
xisstential wrote:
The most worrying thing about Emery is how much he rates Xhaka. That in itself is cause for huge alarm.....if he cannot see how poor Xhaka is, what hope is there going forward/?
.... ... .... More dots

LOUD SIGH.. ... ..

Then at Burnley, even though all parties were fit ..we saw a Match With NO MUSTAFI, NO OZIL , NO XHAKA :shock: :barscarf: 8) :dancingbanana: :dance: :whee:

He knows where the Deadwood is, 30yr old's [ Like Me ] & Former TOP Quality....some were Never there, just chosen & put out of position [XHAKA]

He's Been Phasing them out as Intelligently as he could & in the Window he got Reinforcements in...most Likely THE WRONG AREA but improvements in the Crucial Area. [Defense.....'Sport Scientists' :pixie2: who looked at last season, ALONE & decided ATTACK was the weakest area...should be put down!...after 2 Consecutive 50+ Goals conceeded Seasons, after Same amt of goals scored & after Neglecting that MOST Every team in 2019/20 Season has IMPROVED in key Areas, achieving BALANCE, Where as we went in the opposite dir as usual, After Ignoring that the TOP 4 battle WILL Honestly be a 7 to 9 Horse Race this season...Leicester, Wolves, Everton,Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea,ManU...[Enter your DARK HORSE HERE :censored: ]

THE ENTIRE LEAGUE has Improved, its no longer going to be Just a Simple EASY game at Anybody.

So he's Slowly, CAREFULLY Phasing out the Deadwood, [ Properly & Violently With Mustafi & Elneny!! :twisted: ]

& to Aviod Injury, he's Slowly & Carefully Integrating & Making Regular the New Quality & BEST PLAYERS..Fighters, Ball Winners!

The Best Midfielder we have is LUCAS TORREIRA....Forget Ozil..[Thanks for the memories]..Forget 'Overhyped' Ceballos..., but Torreira came on in this MOST DIFF MATCH...

against the UCL WINNERS & Scored & he's a BLOODY DM!!!!...Like Kante..he's much more talented than to just be put in that category, nor to be

Emery Must know this

He took his time Introducing Pepe, Making sure he was fit B4 his 1st full 90, He's Doing the Same with Torreira Hopefully!

[ PEPE is the 1st HUMAN to dribble past Virgil Van Dyke since Mikel Merino 50 games Prior, so his Benching of Lacazette was JUSTIFED & You Know it! Tactically it made sense to play a New Player that COULD get past the BEST DEFENDER in the world...Def BALLON DOR Winner for 2019, & the Top goal Scorer for Last season, the only one NOT IN A LIVERPOOL SHIRT..aka AUBA...who had a chance & was NOT CLINICAL...Shielded off the ball like a Baby, with ONE HAND by Van DAMME!!!.....Emery's Tactics made sense...had either of them scored the game would have been diff...were at a dif development stage than UCL Winners Liver..so this is GOOD!...hope he works on their CLINICAL Speed & Accuracy...Auba could have taken the shot with his 1st touch...]

Next up is Xhaka on the bench & Torreira STARTING + [ANYBODY except Xhaka] as the DM partneship for the season.

& we go Foward with that I hope...& in the Jan Transfer Window...we MOVE ON some more DEADWOOD! ...& get a RB because Bellerin looks like

Xhaka wasn't fit for the Burnley game....................and he's been made club captain. What kind of "phasing out" message is that????

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Poor tactics, poor team selection and lack of effort. I called it last season that UE reminded me of Wenger and got shot to shit on here, well yesterday just further reinforced my opinion of him. He went to Anfield with the idea that he'd set up in a way to force Liverpool to play differently instead he just gave them all the space and time they wanted to do play their usual game, absolute muppet.

He has an ego and a stubbornness that is exactly like Wengers, sets up with the expectation that the opposition will react to us, 3 games now the other team have played the way they wanted and we were lucky to get results in the first two games.

Fucking Spuds up next and if anyone thinks things will be vastly different get ready for another shit match, the only difference being we may actually get a result even playing poorly.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:18 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Unai Emery is to Blame. It was he who selected the team and He who decided on the diamond formation, a formation the players had NOT played in before.

The players can only operate within the constraints of the system they are told to play in, it was always going to be a tough ask to go to scouseshyteland and get a result, the players were asked to play in an unfamiliar system AND he chose the wrong selection from the off, he should have chosen Laca and Torreira to start, instead he chose the equivalent of his love child xhaka.

You cannot seriously be giving the players a free pass for yesterday ?? :shock: :shock: :shock: Dick's tactics were a disgrace yesterday, but there is no excuse for a lack of guts, of effort, and a lack of basic football skills (tackling and passing to a team-mate), plus (and I dont want to be harsh here) but if pepe scores in the first half, it could have been a different game
Where did I say I give them 'a free pass'?????

However, because of the formation and tactics selected, practiced throughout the week and the team selection - they can only do what they are instructed to do - Yes there were some major mistakes: Luiz shirt pull for the pen. Ceballos giving the ball away - Auba's miss, Pepe's miss (*)... BUt it was his leadership that ultimately failed us and I am a supporter of Emery, but he did get it wrong - He started the wrong players and he failed to act mid-game to put things right.

(*) It did take the genius aka Denis Bergkamp a while before he broke his duck, same with TH14 - But the way that Pepe was leaving one of the best back lines for dust IS Very Encouraging.

I see Pepe scoring against the Scum next week-end. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:19 pm
augie wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

However, because of the formation and tactics selected, practiced throughout the week and the team selection - they can only do what they are instructed to do - Yes there were some major mistakes: Luiz shirt pull for the pen. Ceballos giving the ball away - Auba's miss, Pepe's miss (*)... BUt it was his leadership that ultimately failed us and I am a supporter of Emery, but he did get it wrong - He started the wrong players and he failed to act mid-game to put things right.

(*) It did take the genius aka Denis Bergkamp a while before he broke his duck, same with TH14 - But the way that Pepe was leaving one of the best back lines for dust IS Very Encouraging.

I see Pepe scoring against the Scum next week-end. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Our front three (when played together) should win us most matches, even when playing poorly as a team.
What we don’t appear to have improved on (yet) is getting closer to city / Liverpool in terms of playing cohesively.
Leaving out Lacazette was mind boggling, seeing how well he holds the ball up, works hard for the team, chases down etc, etc all what you would want from your front man.
Leaving out Torreira was equally bizarre , assuming he is fit, he is our best player at breaking up the opposition and disrupting their play - seeing as we would in all likelihood be dominated on the possession front - expecting Willock and Guendouzi, while both promising youngsters to be able to do a similar job given their experience was ridiculous.

We have (or are still doing so ) jettisoned some of the dead wood, but it’s now that we need to see the tactics suiting the players - Bellerin and Tierney, will make huge difference but that’s October they are due back.....
When playing out from the back and being pressed / contained that must mean several opposition players are in our half, leaving them vulnerable to a more direct ball to Pepe / Laca / Auba to exploit with their pace and trickery.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

They were a different class. The score flattered us. The same shite against 'the scum' & we'll go down again. Get our two fullbacks fit quick !!.
Luiz needs a little smack for being such a fuckwit pullin' that blokes shirt & giving away the pen. Maybe Chambers & Holding will be a better option at the back & put Luiz into Xaka spot. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

The only place for Luiz is Dustbin

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
augie wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

In practically every part of your post, but you summed it up in the last sentence of your original post

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:14 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
augie wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

In practically every part of your post, but you summed it up in the last sentence of your original post

Again, I can see nowhere in my posts where I have said the players are not to blame nor do they not bear some of the blame, what I "Do" say is that Emery IS to blame, it begins with him and ends with him because it was he who made the final decision on all things...

But as usual to seem to interpret and read into things what it is you want to see Augie.

Hey ho! Carry on.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ray C wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:34 am
They were a different class. The score flattered us. The same shite against 'the scum' & we'll go down again. Get our two fullbacks fit quick !!.
Luiz needs a little smack for being such a fuckwit pullin' that blokes shirt & giving away the pen. Maybe Chambers & Holding will be a better option at the back & put Luiz into Xaka spot. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Agree with that, at least till it (perhaps) doesn't work out.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:25 am
augie wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:14 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
augie wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Again, I can see nowhere in my posts where I have said the players are not to blame nor do they not bear some of the blame, what I "Do" say is that Emery IS to blame, it begins with him and ends with him because it was he who made the final decision on all things...

But as usual to seem to interpret and read into things what it is you want to see Augie.

Hey ho! Carry on.

I thought that we were having a reasonable discussion so settle down and don't get your knickers in a knot

What you said is "if anyone is to blame, it is unai emery" - you didn't say if there is any blame it is on dick and the players, so surely you can accept that it is a reasonable assumption to believe that you were putting 100% of blame on dick ?

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:07 pm
Zanatos3 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:14 pm
xisstential wrote:
.... ... .... More dots

LOUD SIGH.. ... ..

Emery Must know this

Xhaka wasn't fit for the Burnley game....................and he's been made club captain. What kind of "phasing out" message is that????
Hopefully the whole 'Captiancy' thing is just to add FACE Value to his 55mil HOPEFUL sale Price in January to ThankGOD FC!!!!