The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Herd

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:00 am
Herd wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:05 pm
Top play by Boris ,none of his ruses will get us Brexit but hes running rings round labour and might just win the next election, which after all is his major goal.
Not sure whose behind the thinking but it's funny to watch.
PS I've seen Iggy and the stooges and he used to have a furry tail coming out of his pocket.
If you didn't put your house on Brexit not happening on 31 Oct Herd you saved a few bob, its come in from 3/1 to evens. Pretty much a coin flip either way now.
Too many variables, I'm quids in cos we didn't leave in March or June .
I still think we will still be in in October but I'ts not so important now with the end of the world coming shortly after !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

time for direct action then :box:

looking forward to blocking the roads and bridges in London next week 8)
time to take back control now that we are effectively living in a dictatorship!

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:58 am
time for direct action then :box:

looking forward to blocking the roads and bridges in London next week 8)
time to take back control now that we are effectively living in a dictatorship!
Boris barmy army V Corbyn's clan great TV

Herd

Post by Herd »

Well its all over Brexit is dead,17.4 million people betrayed by both major political parties !
This country needs democracy but all it has is hypocrisy,fuck boris fuck Corbyn and all politicians !

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth.
It would be foolish to think otherwise."

17th October , who is going to Brussels to hand over the keys ?

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

We can argue the toss until the cows come home. At the end of it all, the real problem for Brexit has been the fact that at no stage of proceedings have we ever had the losing sides grace or consent. And they have no intention of surrendering it any time soon, either.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

It has been great to see Parliamentary democracy in action this week :)

After all that’s what Brexit is all about isn’t it - giving more power to Parliament :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:13 am
It has been great to see Parliamentary democracy in action this week :)

After all that’s what Brexit is all about isn’t it - giving more power to Parliament :wink:
Our Parliamentary Democracy is a shambles. It did appear as though Johnson was navigating a route to an exit on 31st October.

Despite being a remainer I accept that if this happens, then we have to take our medicine. For the Labour Party to play politics again, put the gloves on turn up for the fight only to back down unless they are given the gloves with the harder punch is a disgrace.

Corbyn isn't Prime Minister material, he just like Arsenal in recent years an example of mediocrity in politics.

Ken Clark despite effectively being sacked from the Conservative Party, carried himself with great dignity last night. The hypocrisy of the Tory Whip that rounded on anyone that didn't tow the Party line is not lost on me, yet a few months ago the people who are today hiring and firing were doing exactly that and voting down every Government proposal.

I hope that Labour and the Conservatives are smashed out of the park in the next election. They deserve it.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Herd said it a few years ago we would never be allowed to leave, well predicted Herd ....

As for the conservatives sacking the people who voted against them i think the voters (Clarke Hammond etc) should have resigned from the party if they were so disillusioned with the direction, they wanted their cake and eat it and well played for make an example of them. I do think it could well turn round and bite Johnson though.

Corbyn is a coward. Parliament is in stalemate a general election is the only way forward and even then doesnt guarantee a successful majority.

What a shambles all round :banghead:

nut flush gooner

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:26 am
Herd said it a few years ago we would never be allowed to leave, well predicted Herd ....

As for the conservatives sacking the people who voted against them i think the voters (Clarke Hammond etc) should have resigned from the party if they were so disillusioned with the direction, they wanted their cake and eat it and well played for make an example of them. I do think it could well turn round and bite Johnson though.

Corbyn is a coward. Parliament is in stalemate a general election is the only way forward and even then doesnt guarantee a successful majority.

By that token, why didn't Johnson, Rees Mogg etc do the same when they went against the Tory Whip a few months ago? I will tell you why, it's because they had their eye on prominent positions at the top.

Kenneth Clarke is a model Tory, he hasn't changed the Tory party have. They are effectively ruled by a minority wing.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:38 am
flash gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:26 am

By that token, why didn't Johnson, Rees Mogg etc do the same when they went against the Tory Whip a few months ago? I will tell you why, it's because they had their eye on prominent positions at the top.
exactly right. Johnson has been shown up for what he is. The bumbling fool act doesnt wash as leader of the country

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Can honestly say in the event of an election i don't know who to vote for. Do you NutFlush?

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Riotof91 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:15 am
We can argue the toss until the cows come home. At the end of it all, the real problem for Brexit has been the fact that at no stage of proceedings have we ever had the losing sides grace or consent. And they have no intention of surrendering it any time soon, either.
I'd say the biggest problem is there isn't a consensus of what Brexit is because the referendum was way too vague. May's deal met the legal obligation of the referendum but didn't deliver what a significant proportion of people who voted leave wanted out of the vote. A hard brexit goes against what most of the prominent leave figures were arguing during the vote (things like "in no was are we talking about not be part of the single market", "easiest deal in history" etc.). People want to untangle the economic ties from the political ties but it's never going to happen.

I'm not sure why people are so surprised that some people are fighting tooth and nail to stop a hard brexit, for all the bluster of the likes of Johnson it will have a terrible effect on some people. If we leave without a deal on 31st October, my brother in law almost certainly ceases to trade on 1st November. In that situation who wouldn't fight back?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The Jean Monnet plan is being performed by Remainer MPs

“Europe’s nations should be guided towards the superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.”

FC030/1048 was hidden for over 30 yrs, Remainers ask yourself why

Once it became a financial argument rather than a moral one it got confused and the remain side have been able to delay in the hope that people that see the E.U for what it is will wilt , die off or just get bored. It is a tactic of keep them voting until they get the result that they want. Even this latest bill was drawn up with advice from Europe according to Hammond.

nut flush gooner

Skooner wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:40 pm
Riotof91 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:15 am
I'd say the biggest problem is there isn't a consensus of what Brexit is because the referendum was way too vague. May's deal met the legal obligation of the referendum but didn't deliver what a significant proportion of people who voted leave wanted out of the vote. A hard brexit goes against what most of the prominent leave figures were arguing during the vote (things like "in no was are we talking about not be part of the single market", "easiest deal in history" etc.). People want to untangle the economic ties from the political ties but it's never going to happen.

I'm not sure why people are so surprised that some people are fighting tooth and nail to stop a hard brexit, for all the bluster of the likes of Johnson it will have a terrible effect on some people. If we leave without a deal on 31st October, my brother in law almost certainly ceases to trade on 1st November. In that situation who wouldn't fight back?
You've hit the nail right on the head there, and this is what is causing all of the problems. Different interpretations of brexit apply to different brexit voters, the same goes for politicians.

What people like A11M11 peddle are ideological theories most of which aren’t true.

He cant accept a hard brexit is going to fuck up a lot of businesses and in turn the prospects for their employees. The same applies to medical supplies, the yellow hammer report which hasn't been published in full has had elements leaked to the press. A doctor who worked on yellow hammer rang Jacob Rees Mogg up on LBC and was all but insulted for his “scaremongering”. funny how that word comes out time and time again when its suggested brexit might actually be a bad thing for this country. What a twat Rees Mogg is for questioning someone who has much more knowledge when it comes to the provision of healthcare in this country. Rees Mogg should stick to covering up his hypocrisy over setting up a Dublin office for his business, to deal with complications caused by Brexit for his clients.