VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: VAR

Post by DB10GOONER »

Has anyone heard yet what that "VAR checking red card" stoppage nonsense was about during our game on Saturday?

This utter bullshit is ruining the game. :censored:

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:06 am
Has anyone heard yet what that "VAR checking red card" stoppage nonsense was about during our game on Saturday?

Still no idea mate.

I think this proves what VAR is really about though. Rather than ''assisting' the ref with the ''clear and obvious errors'' like we've been told ... it is there to poke around looking for trouble. Scrutinising everything. A red card is a serious offence, yet even the 200 Sky cameras couldn't find anything. Absolute bullshit! :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:19 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Still no idea mate.

I think this proves what VAR is really about though. Rather than ''assisting' the ref with the ''clear and obvious errors'' like we've been told ... it is there to poke around looking for trouble. Scrutinising everything. A red card is a serious offence, yet even the 200 Sky cameras couldn't find anything. Absolute bullshit! :roll:
Sounds about right.

After the game I rewatched the 10 minutes that built up to that VAR incident and could not see anything that might have provoked it.... :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:

They were probably looking for a reason , any reason to send off an Arsenal player...
Noticed on Saturday that Van Dijk is now trying to influence referees in the way that Manure perfected...

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:

The red card i think they were looking for is made of solid plastic and is what they use to chop big fat lines of ching with . After the takeaway and some nice rose of course.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to the commentator they were apparently looking for a stamp or someone scraping their studs down somebodies leg.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

The red card i think they were looking for is made of solid plastic and is what they use to chop big fat lines of ching with . After the takeaway and some nice rose of course.
:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:14 pm
According to the commentator they were apparently looking for a stamp or someone scraping their studs down somebodies leg.
I must have missed that bit..... all I remember is the two commentators being as confused as anyone.... the lead commentator did list a couple of possibilities but nothing definitive.

Also it looked to me that the ref did not call for VAR so basically some fucktard in a room somewhere decided to stop the game. This is so open to possible abuse it ain't funny.

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:43 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
I must have missed that bit..... all I remember is the two commentators being as confused as anyone.... the lead commentator did list a couple of possibilities but nothing definitive.

Also it looked to me that the ref did not call for VAR so basically some fucktard in a room somewhere decided to stop the game. This is so open to possible abuse it ain't funny.
Yeah absolutely right mate!

If a game isnt quite going the way certain people want it to ... then VAR could be used to kill the crowd and ruin a teams momentum if they are piling on the pressure. In much the same way players feigning injury or a late substitution tries to.

Delay the game for a few minutes over a very minor or obscure incident and then just say 'VAR check over' when you're done :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

It's a dangerous precedent for sure and easily corruptible.
For all the so called advantages of VAR it's still operated by humans who as we know aren't perfect. The way its bieng applied is bringing the game into as much disrepute as Blatter and Platini .
Actually Blatter and Platini sounds like one of those pseudo posh exclusive brand names.
"Blatter and Platini,when you just know she's ready to drop em " !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:55 pm
For all the so called advantages of VAR it's still operated by humans who as we know aren't perfect. The way its bieng applied is bringing the game into as much disrepute as Blatter and Platini .
Actually Blatter and Platini sounds like one of those pseudo posh exclusive brand names.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quality. 8)

"The new perfume by Blatter and Platini - Stench of Corruption". :D

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
They never said that :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:23 am
Herd wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:55 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quality. 8)

"The new perfume by Blatter and Platini - Stench of Corruption". :D
Love it

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:47 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
They never said that :roll:

Excuse me they did, maybe if your lips weren't moving you might have heard it.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

watched a clip of the NLD post match punditry there. it was on YouTube so they didn't have the rights to show the highlights on it but Dion Dublin says that Rose handled the ball in the box before our first goal. they were obviously looking at the footage at the time of broadcast.

if prefer the goal like everyone else but how come VAR didn't step in?

if man city get a disallowed for a similar incident how come it wasn't even looked at on Sunday.

not even a mention about it on sky