ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:34 am
SSN reporting Monreal has joined Real Sociedad on a permanent deal....Goid move for him.at his age.
Been confirmed on Arsenal.com too

Not the greatest player but always tried his hardest - best wishes Nacho back in Spain.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

I rate Monreal higher than Clichy so our best left back since Cole. Think Tierney will be a huge improvement though and hopefully as good as or better than Cashley.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:54 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:34 am
SSN reporting Monreal has joined Real Sociedad on a permanent deal....Goid move for him.at his age.
Been confirmed on Arsenal.com too

Not the greatest player but always tried his hardest - best wishes Nacho back in Spain.
:high5:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Elneny off too on a season long loan - would have hoped that could have been a permanent deal, but at least his wages are gone.
The youngsters have more to offer than him, so would never get game time.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:36 am
Elneny off too on a season long loan - would have hoped that could have been a permanent deal, but at least his wages are gone.
Its a measure of his Super Quality that his destination is Turkey. On loan.

I bet he was massively overpaid too.

I was right about Dick, his book said he will give every player a year, and then ship them out if they dont perform.

I guess there really were no offers for mustafis wages. Criminal deal.

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:45 pm
StuartL wrote:

I bet he was massively overpaid too

I was right about Dick, his book said he will give every player a year, and then ship them out if they dont perform.

To be fair to the camel jockey, he isn't like a lot of our previous dud signings on big wages - he could have sat tight happy to be earning a big wedge, but he does seem motivated by playing and looked to get out and go somewhere that he will get game time.
Nowhere near good enough for where we aim to be, but he seems to be a modest decent guy not attention seeking like a lot of todays footballers

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

46 appearances in three and a half years, seven million quid January Signing.

Nowhere good enough. He added nothing. Another poor buy.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

ffs is Mustafi even being linked with anyone?? we're going to be stuck with him :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Raul has flushed so much shit out the door this summer it’s been nothing short of incredible. Just that giant turd Mustafi left to flush before the European window closes now and it’s job done.

Then the bug eyed bottle job can be binned off to Washington in January/next summer before finally turning out attention to forcing Xhak-tard round the S bend.

Fuck the lot of em.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:45 pm
StuartL wrote:

I bet he was massively overpaid too.

Well if dick really was getting rid of overpriced under performers then the three biggest are still here, ozil (who I used to rate but is now well past his best and a disgrace the way he misses games through supposed bugs) and mikimissedit are on a cool 530,000 pounds a week, let that sink in for a second.

The other is xhaka who he is making our captain and will no doubt be given a longer contract on better money once his agent knocks the door demanding more for a recently promoted player.

So we've gotten rid of bit part players on small wages in comparison to the above three and we've got rid of monreal who is a better defender than kolosinac by a country mile.

Oh and I forgot mustafi, so that's FOUR of the players we most needed rid of and not one of them has gone.

Smoke and fuckin mirrors.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

God Pls take Mustafi :roll:

Its TIME . . .

Not Necessarily Up there but UP Out of Arsenal!

Somewhere else where he can feel comfortable playing football & supporting his family like Former Cap Kos :roll:

As Emery said, pls help him to be a Protagonist! be positive, believe in his ability, & believe that he can start FRESH at a new club...

& not just Sit a Arsenal Throwing their money down the drain because like Obi Wan he has the " HIGH GROUND "

STOP CAMPING MUSTAFI !!!!

It's Not Nice, its POOR Gamesmanship!

:idea:
Let us Pray!

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Does anyone else remember Calo on here??

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Who in their right mind would take Mustafi? Makes constant mistakes, is on around 100k a week and is happy to sit tight when not playing. A disaster of a signing by ‘Arsene knows’. He’ll probably see out his contract with us and get a few games in the league cup.

Mkhitarian is the same, never shown any real quality or effort, waste of space on 180k a week, maybe....just maybe, if we pay 130 or 140k of his wages we may be able to ship him out on loan but highly unlikely. Can’t blame Dick for the complete negligence of Wenger and Gazidis. What a clusterfuck of a ‘management’ team they were, came close to destroying us totally! :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thanks to wenger we are stuck with mustafi, xhaka and mihkhitarian - Sadly it looks like emery rates xhaka and mihkhitarian - Both spunkwads

Why can't these so called experts see what the Majority of Gooners see what is fuckkin Obvious.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:58 pm
Thanks to wenger we are stuck with mustafi, xhaka and mihkhitarian - Sadly it looks like emery rates xhaka and mihkhitarian - Both spunkwads

Why can't these so called experts see what the Majority of Gooners see what is fuckkin Obvious.
There is another transfer window in January, we can only hope.
For experienced, senior, players they offer so little, would rather the youngsters show us what they are made of.