SCUM (H) Sun 1st Sept

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: SCUM (H) Sun 1st Sept

Post by OneBardGooner »

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Annoying game to say the least.
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but the interview with Willlie Young at half time was excruciating. He’s clearly not quite the ticket anymore so why put him through that? Great idea

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:26 am
XHAKATARD IS A CÙNT.

With that partly out of my system I think I've calmed down enough to post on this match. Maybe.

XHAKATARD IS A CÙNT.

The Dozer was exceptional yesterday. He was at the heart of nearly everything good we did and always looked to start attacks and win the ball back. MOTM just over Laca who scored a brilliant goal and ran himself into the ground. Proud as punch to see both in our famous jersey yesterday.

Sokratis and Side Show Chav were poor. Auba was poor first half but came into it well in the second. Torreira was a bit inconsistent but mostly good and got stuck in. Pepe has some great touches but his shot and final pass are pretty bad. A wait and see for me. Ceballos was good when he came on. Leno was awful for the first goal.

XHAKATARD IS A CÙNT.
Granit Xhaka can’t tackle to save his life and is ‘on borrowed time’ in this Arsenal team, according to a fuming Martin Keown.

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:35 am
Herd wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 am
Good morning Gooners have secured a ticket and will now be going to the match as mrs herd and the boy are in Eastbourne. Failure is not an option prisoners will not be taken. Not sure if I have butterflies or last nights curry is moving . Come on you Gunners.
Theres a rumour the George will be open !
I heard the George was closing. Haven't been that way this season though.

We go to an Ecuadorian bar in the Holloway Road now, looks like a cafe from the outside but they do lovely pints of Estrella. No queuing for a beer, instant service and their shots are lethal!

If we win, will be going to the 12 pins for a knees up after.

Failure is not an option. COYG.
I used to eat In the runcorn quitino love the food and the people . The George did close but they didn't get permission to turn it all I to flats so the bar is up for leasing but they want silly money for it. There was a rumour someone had taken it on but at 52 k a year it's a non starter.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Well that wasn't expected was it, schoolboy defending, calamity goalkeeping, a cunnt making a ridiculous challenge in the box and last but not least a clueless manager just making it up as he goes along.

Doozi was great, ceballos was great when he came on, ain and lacca played well although for me lacca holds on to the ball for too long at times, in the first few mins pepe was in space and had a free run in on goal, lacca looks at him and turns away, tries a few more touches then loses it.

Pepe is pretty shit, when I first heard we were signing him, i like many others found a few clips of his best moments, even in his best of video he looks like he doesn't actually know what his feet are doing, most of his tricks seem to come off more by tripping over the ball than actual skill.

9 times out of ten he doesn't strike the ball properly (like iwobi), I will be amazed if he turns out to be much better than ghervino who he reminds me of.

Was very relieved to get the draw but we should be beating these cunnts at home, 5th place beckons if the chavs get rid of frank before Christmas.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Keown on Xhaka: "He is like a fire engine that turns up & discovers the house has already burned down - he's that late! He does more damage than good when it comes to tackling, so no wonder Wenger told him to stop trying!" #Arsenal https://t.co/mEnlkjAVv1

Keown: "I suspect Xhaka may be on borrowed time. Guendouzi put in possibly the best performance I've seen from him. Torreira has to be a starter for me & Ceballos is looking good. Emery will have to look at the pros & cons & decide whether its even worth persisting with Xhaka" https://t.co/xdjsm3JNhj

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:26 am
Well that wasn't expected was it, schoolboy defending, calamity goalkeeping, a cunnt making a ridiculous challenge in the box and last but not least a clueless manager just making it up as he goes along.

Doozi was great, ceballos was great when he came on, ain and lacca played well although for me lacca holds on to the ball for too long at times, in the first few mins pepe was in space and had a free run in on goal, lacca looks at him and turns away, tries a few more touches then loses it.

Pepe is pretty shit, when I first heard we were signing him, i like many others found a few clips of his best moments, even in his best of video he looks like he doesn't actually know what his feet are doing, most of his tricks seem to come off more by tripping over the ball than actual skill.

9 times out of ten he doesn't strike the ball properly (like iwobi), I will be amazed if he turns out to be much better than ghervino who he reminds me of.

Was very relieved to get the draw but we should be beating these cunnts at home, 5th place beckons if the chavs get rid of frank before Christmas.

I might be wrong but I've heard that it is in Lampards contract that they have to give him one full season...... so they can't fire him??

According to talkSPORT via a report in Italy, Frank Lampard will sign a contract until 2022, with the club expected to give the legendary midfielder a ‘two year pass’, regardless of a potential lack of silverware and the performance of the club next season, under the veil of a transfer ban.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Mixed feelings about yesterday. It could have been worse but also it could (and should) have been better!

Xhaka surpassed himself with what he did. Even by his standards that 'tackle' defied belief. I knew it was bad at the time but it was even worse when I saw a replay on the TV when I got home. He should never play for the club again after that! It's not a one-off, it is what he does! :banghead:

Not sure if it came across on the telly but did anyone notice when Mkhitaryan came on it killed the noise for a good 5 minutes of so? We were 2-1 down at the time so we did get going again but that was another worryingly bad decision from Emery. We had other players so there was no excuse and no need to bring that useless fucker on! Especially in a game like that when we had the momentum. A Wengeresque substitution if ever there was one :banghead: .

As for Leno, I accept the criticism over the first goal ... ideally he would have held it or parried it out of the danger area ... but his first job is to save the shot and he did that. One of the defenders should at least have been on hand to challenge Eriksen so I blame them for the goal more than I do Leno. Our defence was terrible in the first half. A team like Man City would have been 5-0 at half time in this game!

One other thing. Although it was a great atmosphere and the crowd more than played its part ... if we're gonna taunt the Scum fans then at least sing something that doesnt make us look stupid. Everyone around me joined in with ''Stand up if you've won the league'' midway through the first half and it was fucking cringeworthy. Believe it or not, they have won the league :roll: Just because it was a long time ago doesnt mean it didnt happen. Things like this make us all look like ignorant JCL's! :roll:
Last edited by Clash on Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clash

Post by Clash »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:26 am

Apart from the goalkeeping part (bit harsh IMO as he made a great save too) I agree with all that Lefty

Pepe looks immature and despite the pace and skill he has shown no sign of having any end product. Might be too early to judge him but so far he isnt the kind of player I enjoy watching.

Clash

Post by Clash »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:00 pm
Keown on Xhaka: "He is like a fire engine that turns up & discovers the house has already burned down - he's that late! He does more damage than good when it comes to tackling, so no wonder Wenger told him to stop trying!" #Arsenal https://t.co/mEnlkjAVv1

Keown: "I suspect Xhaka may be on borrowed time. Guendouzi put in possibly the best performance I've seen from him. Torreira has to be a starter for me & Ceballos is looking good. Emery will have to look at the pros & cons & decide whether its even worth persisting with Xhaka" https://t.co/xdjsm3JNhj
If that's true doesn't that just sum up latter day Wenger? If your key midfield player cant tackle then fucking get him out of the club ... don't simply tell him to stop trying to tackle ffs!

And also, how was this crucial flaw not known before he was signed for £35m? Absolutely farcical!

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Clash wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:10 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:00 pm

If that's true doesn't that just sum up latter day Wenger? If your key midfield player cant tackle then fucking get him out of the club ... don't simply tell him to stop trying to tackle ffs!

And also, how was this crucial flaw not known before he was signed for £35m? Absolutely farcical!
Yes the price tag well :roll:

What makes it worse the season we signed him he had THREE red cards in the Bundesliga the season just gone,if he can;t time a tackle as shown their he was always going to be the liability he has turned out to be,immobile,can't tackle,slows down the tempo.

His only positive part of play was the odd decent long pass...Luiz would be far more effective as a DCM than him can pass long as well if not better,but again only as back up due to injury the midfield options should be playing three of Dozzer,LT,Ceballos and Willock behind the front three that played yesterday.
Last edited by Topside Northbank on Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:43 am
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but the interview with Willlie Young at half time was excruciating. He’s clearly not quite the ticket anymore so why put him through that? Great idea
Excruciating.......that's being kind :lol: Pure road kill interview....I wasn't sure whether Willie is suffering from some illness or whether he had simply enjoyed the pre-match drinkies a little bit too much. Not helped by the twat with the mic, he is tedious and given way too much air-time.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:07 pm
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:43 am
Excruciating.......that's being kind :lol: Pure road kill interview....I wasn't sure whether Willie is suffering from some illness or whether he had simply enjoyed the pre-match drinkies a little bit too much. Not helped by the twat with the mic, he is tedious and given way too much air-time.
:D :D

It looked like he was trying to read from some notes but had got them muddled up or something. None of his answers, when he actually spoke, related to the question. Agreed about that twat Nigel too. He's good with the kids taking the pens at half time but that's about it. Those half time interviews are a waste of time 9 times out of 10.

Not sure if its just where I'm sitting but the tannoy and pre-match / half time 'entertainment' seems louder than ever this season. Its impossible to speak to the people around you and kills any chance of the crowd building the atmosphere. And do they really need to constantly bombard us with adverts? They sucked enough money out of us already ffs!

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Clash wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:53 pm
One other thing. Although it was a great atmosphere and the crowd more than played its part ... if we're gonna taunt the Scum fans then at least sing something that doesnt make us look stupid. Everyone around me joined in with ''Stand up if you've won the league'' midway through the first half and it was fucking cringeworthy. Believe it or not, they have won the league :roll: Just because it was a long time ago doesnt mean it didnt happen. Things like this make us all look like ignorant JCL's! :roll:
Everyone knows football was invented in 1992 :roll:. When I heard that chant, I cringed. Surely people could have gone with "Have you ever seen Tottenham win the league" (have you fuck)

Clash

Post by Clash »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:48 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:53 pm
Everyone knows football was invented in 1992 :roll:. When I heard that chant, I cringed. Surely people could have gone with "Have you ever seen Tottenham win the league" (have you fuck)
100% right mate!

The chant you say is the perfect taunt. It doesn't deny history but leaves no doubt that their last title is something only their very oldest fans (who are probably not even in the ground because they're so old) will have witnessed 8) :lol: