Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Unai Emery

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:50 pm
Oh for a poll option!
Would really love to gauge peoples opinions on this clown!!
Sid I gotta be honest here - such a poll at the start of his second season would make the entire forum look like JCL knee jerk reaction twats. Not saying people that want Dick gone are that but a poll when he's had so little time to bring his own philosophy to the team? Fuck no, mate.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I’m surprised people are having a go at Pepe after a couple of games. After 6 months, Thierry Henry still couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo, he was awful, but he settled and we know how it turned out. I’m not saying Pepe is the new Henry but FFS to have a go after a couple of games when Emery still dicks about with the team/formation every game, it’s hardly surprising imo.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I got the feeling from Emery's post match interview that he is under a bit of pressure. Maybe finally, the board is managing their manager.

The team does take after the manager full of passion but lacking in a bit of composure. Post match he was speaking at 100mph, which makes his English sound worse than it is. He either needs to calm down before giving an interview or let someone else talk for him, i.e. Freddie.

Cellabos would've been lost in that first half so it was better he came on. Pepe will get there so give him time, both DB10 and TH14 took 7 games to get their first goals. Xhaka's display isn't the managers fault but how much longer will it be before he drops him?
I said before the start of the season he's got until Christmas and if we're not comfortably in the top 4 he's gonna get moved on. We showed last season we are a top 4 team.

He's definitley got a system that doesn't work until the second half. Remember last season during the 22 match unbeaten run, we were only ahead at half time twice. We'll do better than last season but fall short of winning the league.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Club are banking on him scraping a top 4 finish this year and will pull the trigger on him them. No way is he here for season 3 whatever happens this anyway.

You see how ruthless Raul and co. have been in binning off the masses of shite from the squad, I’d be amazed if they haven’t already sounded out a few targets especially Allegri.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:37 pm
I got the feeling from Emery's post match interview that he is under a bit of pressure. Maybe finally, the board is managing their manager.

The team does take after the manager full of passion but lacking in a bit of composure. Post match he was speaking at 100mph, which makes his English sound worse than it is. He either needs to calm down before giving an interview or let someone else talk for him, i.e. Freddie.

Cellabos would've been lost in that first half so it was better he came on. Pepe will get there so give him time, both DB10 and TH14 took 7 games to get their first goals. Xhaka's display isn't the managers fault but how much longer will it be before he drops him?
I said before the start of the season he's got until Christmas and if we're not comfortably in the top 4 he's gonna get moved on. We showed last season we are a top 4 team.

He's definitley got a system that doesn't work until the second half. Remember last season during the 22 match unbeaten run, we were only ahead at half time twice. We'll do better than last season but fall short of winning the league.

Can't help but think that Ceballos would have added a touch of composure if he had started and perhaps we would have retained the ball more effectively. It wouldn't have been the worst move in the world to sacrifice one of the front three for Ceballos as the guy competes for the ball and can provide too. There were a number of occasions when forwards were making runs and there was a reluctance or inability among the starting midfield to hit the required ball.

We will fall well short of winning the league mate that's a fact :lol: I would like to know whether Dick and Raul would have bought a top class defender rather than Pepe if they could have secured a similar deferred payment structure for him or whether it's all about 4 - 3 with Dick. The scum waltzed through our midfield when they put their minds to it and a couple of quick passes left the defence at sixes and sevens. I want Pepe to be a success but tbh the legacy of French league purchases always makes me rather nervous....Chamakh, Gervinho, Giroud....and we badly need a CB.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:25 pm
Nos89 wrote:

Can't help but think that Ceballos would have added a touch of composure if he had started and perhaps we would have retained the ball more effectively. It wouldn't have been the worst move in the world to sacrifice one of the front three for Ceballos as the guy competes for the ball and can provide too. There were a number of occasions when forwards were making runs and there was a reluctance or inability among the starting midfield to hit the required ball.

We will fall well short of winning the league mate that's a fact :lol: I would like to know whether Dick and Raul would have bought a top class defender rather than Pepe if they could have secured a similar deferred payment structure for him or whether it's all about 4 - 3 with Dick. The scum waltzed through our midfield when they put their minds to it and a couple of quick passes left the defence at sixes and sevens. I want Pepe to be a success but tbh the legacy of French league purchases always makes me rather nervous....Chamakh, Gervinho, Giroud....and we badly need a CB.

Ceballos for xhaka we win the game

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

If we had left Xhakatard out and just played with 10 we would have won that game.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Well it's a quiet Tuesday morning so

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... tottenham/

:-P :-P

Herd

Post by Herd »

I might be critical of Emry but I'd rather cut a finger off than have Maureen at the helm !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:

Ya think??!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:49 am
I might be critical of Emry but I'd rather cut a finger off than have Maureen at the helm !
Me too. Moron-hio is just like Wenger - yesterday's man. Like Wenger he had a very limited talent that only won trophies when everything was set up just right to accommodate and forgive his limitations. The game has left him behind. He would plunge us to mid table mediocrity within a season. Fuck him. :censored:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:22 pm
Herd wrote:
Me too. Moron-hio is just like Wenger - yesterday's man. Like Wenger he had a very limited talent that only won trophies when everything was set up just right to accommodate and forgive his limitations. The game has left him behind. He would plunge us to mid table mediocrity within a season. Fuck him. :censored:
So you're a maybe then :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:22 pm
Herd wrote:
So you're a maybe then :lol:
Yeah kinda on the fence..... :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:47 am
If we had left Xhakatard out and just played with 10 we would have won that game.
TRUE DAT! :high5: FUCKIN' TRUE!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
If a stoke fan said that they'd still have 5 fingers left. :D :wink: