THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AkneyGooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by AkneyGooner »

I'm pretty sure he used to deride national team management saying you don't get enough time with the players !

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:02 am
'I've had lots of big offers' he says.......

Yes Arsene, the 'Virtual' management offers, just like the 'Virtual' squads you almost signed but never did. You're a sad old busted flush who has little left to offer hence no decent club wants to let you have the chance to leave a similar clusterfuck that everyone could see you left at Arsenal!! :banghead:

I suspect even the Kroenkies have had conversations about how they fucked up by keeping Wenger and Ivan the Snake around for so long.
He did turn down the biggest club in Fulham :lol:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... o-ranieri/

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:22 pm
I see he's back talking about all the nice offers he's had and predicting he might delight the world of football by managing at the 2022 world cup. In other news he reckons VAR would have changed our history by winning the CL for us in 2006 the mad bunny. He's obviously not seen how fucking stupid VAR is. :lol:
Having built the Emirates with his bare hands, why doesn't he go to Qatar and help with the stadium build, especially with all the worker(slave) fatalities they are having.

Herd

Post by Herd »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:21 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
I see he's back talking about all the nice offers he's had and predicting he might delight the world of football by managing at the 2022 world cup. In other news he reckons VAR would have changed our history by winning the CL for us in 2006 the mad bunny. He's obviously not seen how fucking stupid VAR is. :lol:
Having built the Emirates with his bare hands, why doesn't he go to Qatar and help with the stadium build, especially with all the worker(slave) fatalities they are having.
If he went to Qatar the wage bill would quadruple before the plane had landed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:21 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
:lol:

Is there nothing the man cannot build single handedly? Oh yeah a CL legacy. :|

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsene Wenger says he’s still not ready to return to the Emirates because he wants to leave Unai Emery undisturbed to do his work.

The Frenchman hasn’t taken in a game at the stadium he helped to build since drawing a line under 22 years of Arsenal service in May 2018 although he has admitted being in contact with people at the club.

“I have been in touch with some people at the club, but I felt when you go like that you cannot be half in and half out,” he told beinSPORT.

“You have to let the people who come in work their way. I wanted to take a complete distance, it’s still a bit early to go back. I haven’t been back.”

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yup! The twatt hasn't been back since he was sacked and walked away with a cool £11million pay off.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I genuinely believe that the club would be dead to me if he was offered a position back here on the board or whatever :ewwwww:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:41 pm
I genuinely believe that the club would be dead to me if he was offered a position back here on the board or whatever :ewwwww:
Honestly I reckon it's only a matter of time before they do. :|

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

How fascinating that I thought of this idiot today as I am travelling around Australia, and passed through a town named Gympie.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:59 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
REALLY!!!!?

If they do then That is IT, I'm done if they do.

:rubchin:

Unless they give him a job cleaning the bogs, or selling programmes outside the ground; where he would be "Fair Game" ! :D :D :box:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:00 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

REALLY!!!!?

Unless they give him a job cleaning the bogs, or selling programmes outside the ground; where he would be "Fair Game" ! :D :D :box:

I read the article and it seems that he is simply referring to being around the place on matchday rather than an actual return....I hope :shock: He won't be back, that would be a monumental fu.ck up the like of which has never been seen in football before and would actually result in me chucking in my ST without a moments hesitation.

The old w.ank stain has been trotting out all the old "I nearly signed" stories again.....Ronaldo and Messi can rest easy safe in the knowledge that they both avoided TOF during their formative years....a close escape for you both. Ronnie might have ended up in goals and no doubt Messi would have been converted to a useful right back :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:28 am
How fascinating that I thought of this idiot today as I am travelling around Australia, and passed through a town named Gympie.
:lol: :lol:

Er umm hey hang on. Me or Wenger? :shock:

:lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:58 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

REALLY!!!!?

I read the article and it seems that he is simply referring to being around the place on matchday rather than an actual return....I hope :shock: He won't be back, that would be a monumental fu.ck up the like of which has never been seen in football before and would actually result in me chucking in my ST without a moments hesitation.

The old w.ank stain has been trotting out all the old "I nearly signed" stories again.....Ronaldo and Messi can rest easy safe in the knowledge that they both avoided TOF during their formative years....a close escape for you both. Ronnie might have ended up in goals and no doubt Messi would have been converted to a useful right back :roll:
Look. Yezzzz he could do ze jerb fer us zerrrr......

:wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:58 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

REALLY!!!!?

Yes that was classic Wenger ...i nearly signed Messi, ah yes and Ronaldo......glad to see his delusional issues still remain

As for coming back, sure he would jump at the chance, after all must be down to his last £100 million by now :D