The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

nut flush gooner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:57 pm
Dog dog and thrice Doh. How do you know if she was genuine answer you don't . She's most likely a plant but you like the gullible public take these people at face value. Question time had been relentlessly plugging remain . Look it again and what she actually said ,shes avoiding doing biz in the uk because of brexit ???? Brexit hasn't happened ffs . It's a crock which gullible people like you swallow whole every time
LOL!!! I have heard it all from you now Herd.

Some advice, don't ever try and play live poker your reads would be all wrong.

So not only is Question time biased, with as many panelists from both sides of the argument every time Brexit is discussed. The lady speaking is a plant, and obviously an actor putting on a nervous expression.

Brilliant. And I thought A11M11 was on something.

:D :D :D
Last edited by nut flush gooner on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:01 pm
And yet it was only this January that the E.U passed legistation to silence what they described as fake news on social media.
I don't think our public libraries are in danger of going up in flames quite yet. Unless of course someone wants to build a few houses on the site.
Well, they aren't doing a very good job of it are they, with some of the diatribe you unearth.

Also it's quite funny how you go on about a loss of sovereignty with the EU, and here we are with the Prime Minister doing everything he can to break the constitutional laws that the cornerstone of our democracy was built on. Crazy times.

Leo and Boris looked like the best of buddies today didn't they.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:30 am
Morning Rob ,
NO!
My position on the situation has been borne out of years of personal experience . Initially I saw the merits of a European free trade area but realised it was the carrot hiding the stick of unified Europe behind it.
Political union is not a good idea , it creates an Empire and as history has shown Empires come tumbling down as the people get fed up with the corruption.
That is one good thing that has come out of this whole debacle , the people have realised just how inept and corrupt our own political system is .
Brexit is an opportunity to put the brakes on this whole one world objective and to make people more accountable for their actions . Whenever you get a large political block you always get an elite group running it ( I got a typo there it came out as ruining it ) prophetic Eh ?
London is a financial powerhouse , it calls the shots where other regions of the country go backwards . I would not want to curtail it's progress because it's important . You might argue that you can't live without money . I would argue that you should not depend on other countries for your water , food and energy .
I travel the country a lot , when I visit London I see a place which does not relate to many other parts , but these parts are just as important , they need their own localised voice and going further away is not the answer.
:rubchin:

With my tongue only very slightly in my cheek I think I can summarise your core political belief down to: you don't mind having a rich bastard's boot on your throat once it's a good old British boot and not some foreigner's boot.

That fair?

:shock:

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

One of my colleagues was at a meeting over in the Taoseach's dept this morning and apparently the level of "jumped up cuntiness" among his staffers was "elevated" due to Boris Trump visiting. :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Db 10 , no it’s not fair at all .
I see Brexit as a start to the process of a long overdue overhaul of the whole parliamentary system. Brexit has exposed that the system has drifted away and totally lost the people.
I am not in favour of anybody’s jackboots on my throat I actually want a fairer society and I don’t feel that remaining in what is a growing dictatorial entity is the way to achieve that.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:00 pm
I see Brexit as a start to the process of a long overdue overhaul of the whole parliamentary system. Brexit has exposed that the system has drifted away and totally lost the people.
I am not in favour of anybody’s jackboots on my throat I actually want a fairer society and I don’t feel that remaining in what is a growing dictatorial entity is the way to achieve that.
Nice sentiment certainly mate. The problem is, to deliver that utopia, you are relying on a nasty spoilt moron that shut down a democratically elected parliament in an effort to get what he personally wants. Hardly an auspicious start is it?

Honestly I think Boris should be thrown in prison and your queen should be kicked the fuck off her throne for that disgraceful stunt alone. Shameful carry on. :|

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

You have the right to those opinions , one of the benefits we still have left . On this particular shameful carry on it goes back to 2016 when our government decided to to take one step forward and two back in the hope that the subject would quietly go away .
As usual they completely misread the attitudes of the people with whom they are totally out of touch and this mornings announcement of SIR OLLY ROBBINS getting awarded for failure is just a piss take of the highest order.
Theresa May , Jeremy Corbyn , Greive , Letwin etc dragged a rogue Parliament through the mud it has become beyond a joke , cronyism has ruled for years as political appointments have been shoved into the other house to further their ambitions .
You want to imprison the latest incumbent , I think we should go further.

Oh and Nutty , You think that I must be on something , I wish I was , it must be nice to be semi comatose and drift into things without looking behind the curtains to see what is being hidden .
However in the coming years , you may well reflect that in fact instead of being on something , I was in fact on "TO "something.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:00 pm
probably the most ridiculous post I have ever seen on here from anyone.

1. The PM has just shut down Parliament for FIVE weeks - how is that going to help matters ?

2. you want a fairer society ? :rubchin: how on earth will Brexit achieve that?
the rich are going to get richer and the poor will get poorer, it is as simple as that.

if you think the EU is a dictatorship, please expalin what the current UK government is ?
Boris Johnson is acting far more like a dictator I would have thought....

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:04 pm
Herd wrote:
Dog dog and thrice Doh. How do you know if she was genuine answer you don't . She's most likely a plant but you like the gullible public take these people at face value. Question time had been relentlessly plugging remain . Look it again and what she actually said ,shes avoiding doing biz in the uk because of brexit ???? Brexit hasn't happened ffs . It's a crock which gullible people like you swallow whole every time
You might hear but you certainly never listen flush that's for sure.
Question time has been a tool for propaganda for many years now and has been outed countless times for having plants in it .
It has been solidly against Brexit and one of the tools for misinformation on it ever since the country voted to leave .
Some small research on the matter and even Rob could find this out .
The Lady in question at Aston Chemicals Dr Dani may not have been a plant but if you listen to her more than once you will notice she fluffs her lines and says the company IS avoiding the UK because of the increase in Bureaucracy whereas what she meant to say is that the company will have to if hard Brexit goes through ie she is scaremongering .
She also says that she built the company from scratch in 1990 whereas she's only been there for 10 years wonder what happened before she got there eh ?
Like most Politicians she also fails to declare an interest ,like having a Polish distribution base so of course the company wants us to stay ,hardly impartial is she ????
Her impassioned plea can also be found in the local paper but she changers her words to say if we leave !

Flush I have no intention of playing Texas Holdem Poker online or live ,its a game for morons ,I bet you (pun) you don't make a living from it either so please stop acting like your Amarillo Slim.
Quite what it has to do with Politics though is beyond me .

So not only is Question time biased, with as many panelists from both sides of the argument every time Brexit is discussed. The lady speaking is a plant, and obviously an actor putting on a nervous expression.
Ive covered her as above , remember I used the word probably ,it was a throwaway line.
The way that Dimbleby and the antique Ford handles it ,shuts down panelists from answering and pre selects who gets to speak makes it anything but a debating platform ,its pure propaganda . Remember when they wanted to shut Russel Brand down ,a man tore him to shreds next to Mr Farage ,turns out the concerned member of the Public was the brother of a UKIP candidate ,there are hundreds of more examples.
Trouble is fools like you think it isn't fixed and that the BBC is an unbiased reporting medium when in fact it is the single biggest propaganda tool the government has

Your inebriated with your own weird brand of hubris fella ,

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

although it can be argued that the BBC has a right wing bias :rubchin:
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/bb ... 44826.html

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 am
although it can be argued that the BBC has a right wing bias :rubchin:
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/bb ... 44826.html
Almost right there Rob ,it's a tool of the Government ,right now we almost have a Tory Government so Corbyn gets slaughtered ,when or rather if Corbyn ever gets elected then the narrative will change ,that is of course if he can control RICU and the other propaganda outlets that the government run !

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:39 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:04 pm
Herd wrote:
You might hear but you certainly never listen flush that's for sure.
Question time has been a tool for propaganda for many years now and has been outed countless times for having plants in it .
It has been solidly against Brexit and one of the tools for misinformation on it ever since the country voted to leave .
Some small research on the matter and even Rob could find this out .
The Lady in question at Aston Chemicals Dr Dani may not have been a plant but if you listen to her more than once you will notice she fluffs her lines and says the company IS avoiding the UK because of the increase in Bureaucracy whereas what she meant to say is that the company will have to if hard Brexit goes through ie she is scaremongering .
She also says that she built the company from scratch in 1990 whereas she's only been there for 10 years wonder what happened before she got there eh ?
Like most Politicians she also fails to declare an interest ,like having a Polish distribution base so of course the company wants us to stay ,hardly impartial is she ????
Her impassioned plea can also be found in the local paper but she changers her words to say if we leave !

Flush I have no intention of playing Texas Holdem Poker online or live ,its a game for morons ,I bet you (pun) you don't make a living from it either so please stop acting like your Amarillo Slim.
Quite what it has to do with Politics though is beyond me .

Ive covered her as above , remember I used the word probably ,it was a throwaway line.
The way that Dimbleby and the antique Ford handles it ,shuts down panelists from answering and pre selects who gets to speak makes it anything but a debating platform ,its pure propaganda . Remember when they wanted to shut Russel Brand down ,a man tore him to shreds next to Mr Farage ,turns out the concerned member of the Public was the brother of a UKIP candidate ,there are hundreds of more examples.
Trouble is fools like you think it isn't fixed and that the BBC is an unbiased reporting medium when in fact it is the single biggest propaganda tool the government has

Your inebriated with your own weird brand of hubris fella ,

Herd, please sort out your use of the reply button, it's an absolute nightmare going through what exactly you are trying to say, but I will give it a go this time.

With regards to Texas Holdem again I feel the need to correct you on something you know very little about. It is a skill game played by people who generally have above-average intelligence. An example of this is Liv Boeree a British poker pro who studied Astrophsysics at Manchester University leaving with a first class honours degree. She went on a reality show during the poker boom which was designed to coach a poker newbie and she won, she has since played as a poker pro winning $3.5m up to 2017. One of the key skills of a poker player is their ability to read their opponent, my tongue in cheek reference to your lack of people reading skills was not only accurate but prompted one of your standard "dig jibes". So if you think I play upwards of 25 hours a week for the fun of it, fine by me. I am not a pro, but happy to have enough skill for it to give me a nice sideline. Who wouldn't want that?

Now, more importantly, to your point about Dr Dani Louhran, I have looked her up on LinkedIn. To address your points:

1) She has said and I quote "over the last 30 years we have grown from nothing to a medium-sized company". Where did she say I?

2) From Linkedin, she joined the company as a Marketing Manager in 2001, promoted to a Director in 2007, and then Managing Director in 2017. She's been at the company a lot more than 10 years and been a Director in some capacity for 12 years.

3) No one is disputing she is referring to a Hard Brexit, that is what Rees Mogg, Boris and Farage want. Businesses have to make contingency plans for the worst-case scenario. If this happens then what she says is correct, jobs will go to Europe. You can have all the fanciful theories you like, no one knows what will truly happen. Boris could run over the constitution that is parliament and then we would have a hard brexit.

David Dimbleby and his successor Fiona Bruce (I really don't know where you get Ford from, perhaps you are mixing up Anna Ford with Fiona :) :) ) do not shut down people on the Brexit side of the argument any more than Remainers. As you seem to be struggling with the current presenter of Question Time how can you honestly expect to have an opinion with any credibility? By the way, Fiona Bruce is a very good looking lady, probably not far from your own age. I will excuse your ageism :D :D.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

1. The PM has just shut down Parliament for FIVE weeks - how is that going to help matters ?

2. you want a fairer society ? :rubchin: how on earth will Brexit achieve that?
the rich are going to get richer and the poor will get poorer, it is as simple as that.

if you think the EU is a dictatorship, please expalin what the current UK government is ?
Boris Johnson is acting far more like a dictator I would have thought....

1 As you well know 4 weeks of the five will be for the annual party conferences when Parliament shuts down anyway.
Had the other parties suggested cancelling their conferences you might have a point. I believe it actually works out to 4 days and do you think that a further 4 days of plotting scheming and shouting at each other might make a difference. ?
2 As I explained , hopefully Brexit will have shown the majority of the population that something is seriously wrong with the way Parliament is run. It needs to change both in the commons and the other place where people are appointed to follow the past prime ministers requirements.
3 The current government is trying to do what the people told them to do fighting on two sides one from our parliament and the other from Brussels . It seems that now disclosures about yellowhammer will have to be produced with details of phone and media conversations on the subject. The wets will herald this as a great victory however it will set a precedent and the day will come when they have to produce the details of their behind the back conversations with their Lords and masters in Brussels . They won't be so happy then.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

BTW :- Interesting that SIR Olly Robbins has landed on his feet with a nice job at Goldman Sachs he is going to be working with Jose Manuel Barroso . They must have got on really well discussing Brexit . Still nothing is surprising in this political world but working for an investment bank is a strange occupation for a man who was a leader of the Portuguese communist workers party . Still where there is money people can change.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

And on the subject of dictatorship :-

Euro-court outlaws criticism of EU

By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard in Brussels

12:00AM GMT 07 Mar 2001 Daily telegraph.

THE European Court of Justice ruled yesterday that the European Union can lawfully suppress political criticism of its institutions and of leading figures, sweeping aside English Common Law and 50 years of European precedents on civil liberties.

The EU's top court found that the European Commission was entitled to sack Bernard Connolly, a British economist dismissed in 1995 for writing a critique of European monetary integration entitled The Rotten Heart of Europe.

The ruling stated that the commission could restrict dissent in order to "protect the rights of others" and punish individuals who "damaged the institution's image and reputation". The case has wider implications for free speech that could extend to EU citizens who do not work for the Brussels bureaucracy.