KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:31 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:56 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Also can we cut all this 'don Raul' bs, yes he's cut the wage bill, not hard with the amount of overpaid cretins we were hoarding, and signed a load of players on the 'never never', whoopee do.

He can be don Raul when we win the PL or CL, so basically never. :roll:
Have to agree with this tbh. "Don Raul" is such a modern football bollocks concept. He's cut a few very basic deals that you would expect as a minimum from any employee in his job ffs and he now seems to have achieved Legendary status with some of our fans. :roll:

I think some of the "don raul" thing is a bit of terrace humour with the fans and I see nothing wrong with that, but I will also say that he definitely does deserve a shit load of credit for his summer dealings - I have said several times that a lot of his business was done by spending our next few transfer window budgets already via future payments, but the reality is that this absolutely had to be done cos our transfer budget was absolutely shit. The players we had were never gonna get us back to where we needed to be, and buying 1 quality player per transfer window wasn't gonna work either, so mortgaging our future was our only option. Where he deserves MASSIVE credit for me is his performance in moving on shit players - yes most are only out on loan, and no doubt we are paying a lot of their wages still so the savings might not be all that, but they got rid of a lot of the players that were stinking the place out with their abject failures, and prevented the younger players growing up in that enviroment
There's nothing he's done there beyond the basics. He did not manage to get those loaned out players off the payroll as you point out yourself and he did not manage to get shot of the ludicrous 350k a week we are paying a past-it Ozil. I could have done those deals ffs. :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

What 'Don Raul' has done is bet the future transfer budget on Dick getting things right. He's bought Dick a chance. If Dick gets top 4 then the CL cash rolls in and the two of them are a pair of clever boys. However if Dick gets it wrong then he's pretty much invoked the 2 years clause on himself and we have to see who else wants a go at being coach at the Arsenal.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:05 pm
and we have to see who else wants a go at being coach at the Arsenal.
With a transfer budget of a league one team probably, I can see Allegri and co jumping at the chance.. :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:07 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:05 pm
and we have to see who else wants a go at being coach at the Arsenal.
With a transfer budget of a league one team probably, I can see Allegri and co jumping at the chance.. :roll:
That's the problem, we could find ourselves struggling to attract anyone of note very quickly in the circumstances. Can you imagine Allegri's response to being told that the transfer budget has already been spent but all is well as he's in line for £15M from the latest ropey cup run :rubchin:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:00 pm

That's the problem, we could find ourselves struggling to attract anyone of note very quickly in the circumstances. Can you imagine Allegri's response to being told that the transfer budget has already been spent but all is well as he's in line for £15M from the latest ropey cup run :rubchin:
We aint gettin Allegri, he's already been approached and told us to f*ck off, that is why we got plan C (Emery), also the Mourinho rumours are just as laughable - everyone knows he's a chequebook manager, in anycase I think he's a spent force these days.

Can't really see any obvious candidates to replace Emery when he (probably) goes at the end of the season, I suspect KSE will do the cliché of apponiting a former player to try and appease the fans for the lack of spending power they will get.

:blah:

Herd

Post by Herd »

There are plenty of mediocre managers around who would love to manage a mid table premiership club . Frankly speaking the cookie monster could organise our defense better than it I'd at the moment.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:19 am
There are plenty of mediocre managers around who would love to manage a mid table premiership club . Frankly speaking the cookie monster could organise our defense better than it I'd at the moment.
Absolutely fucking horseshit. :roll:

Super Grover maybe but no way the Cookie Monster. 8)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Herd wrote:
Our defence would crumble with the cookie monster in charge

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:39 pm
Herd wrote:
That's taking the biscuit. :oops: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:46 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:39 pm
Herd wrote:
That's taking the biscuit. :oops: :lol:
Not easy to Digest(ive) either! :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

John Cross: Leaders in the football finance industry are convinced that Stan Kroenke invested his own funds into the club this summer window.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:05 am
John Cross: Leaders in the football finance industry are convinced that Stan Kroenke invested his own funds into the club this summer window.
The great man attributes his source as "industry insiders" - that as good as you can do JC :rubchin:

The media broke down the structure of the various summer deals and it was pretty much a given that Sanllehi had bought mainly on tick. What is JC trying to do here.....a one man cheerleader for wiggy & co :roll:

Of course the story gets re-reported by other media outlets and people start talking about it as if it were fact....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:37 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:05 am
The great man attributes his source as "industry insiders" - that as good as you can do JC :rubchin:

The media broke down the structure of the various summer deals and it was pretty much a given that Sanllehi had bought mainly on tick. What is JC trying to do here.....a one man cheerleader for wiggy & co :roll:

Of course the story gets re-reported by other media outlets and people start talking about it as if it were fact....
:lol:

Won't be long before we have a couple of cupid stunts on here using that "fact" to base an argument on..... you know who you are.... :wink:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

John Cross really is a pathetic twat, he spent most of his time licking Wenger's ring piece now it's wiggy's turn.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Bump bump, do your f*cking job and sack Emery you useless yanks.