Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

They are finally realising football is older than themselves

https://youtu.be/kseqTmNCr4o

Sorry if this has already been posted

herbert

Post by herbert »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 am

Everyone telling him to go up there and attack,attack,attack but he wrote the script perfectly
GG what a legend :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:10 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Everyone telling him to go up there and attack,attack,attack but he wrote the script perfectly
In 89 GG knew. And he was the ONLY one that knew. Legend. 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:15 pm
herbert wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:10 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

In 89 GG knew. And he was the ONLY one that knew. Legend. 8)
The greatest moment of football EVER 8)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Christ that piece by Sky with all the silly player poses for the Leicester v scum game is fu.cking irritating. I'm not sure which would give me more pleasure punching eraser head or son as both of them have faces you wouldn't tire of slapping.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Can the BBC make a separate section for Women's football on their website FFS

Headlines being Man Utd v Liverpool, what it has done to warrant such focus is unknown, think there is only around 2000 actually attending the game....is this propaganda, or BBC in their wisdom educating the masses?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:43 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:47 pm
Italian fans are notoriously fickle ( the Spanish too) if they feel slighted or they are not getting VFM, that's why sometimes their cup game are played in front of 10,000 fans in a 70,000 stadium :lol:

i would not be surprised to see this backfire spectacularly as the Milanese and Torino's etc decide they'd rather stay home and have lunch, for all but the Derby or Title games :rubchin:
They also have a notoriously "proactive" :wink:
set of ultras attached to each club that don't stand for the kind of shit most fans stand for. Players have been slapped at training grounds for letting the team and fans down. Wonder how they'll react to this? :D
Fuck me....put my name down for the queue for Xaha and Luiz......

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:15 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:43 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:47 pm
Italian fans are notoriously fickle ( the Spanish too) if they feel slighted or they are not getting VFM, that's why sometimes their cup game are played in front of 10,000 fans in a 70,000 stadium :lol:

i would not be surprised to see this backfire spectacularly as the Milanese and Torino's etc decide they'd rather stay home and have lunch, for all but the Derby or Title games :rubchin:
They also have a notoriously "proactive" :wink:
set of ultras attached to each club that don't stand for the kind of shit most fans stand for. Players have been slapped at training grounds for letting the team and fans down. Wonder how they'll react to this? :D
Fuck me....put my name down for the queue for Xaha and Luiz......
And Ozil and Emery :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:

What a Sweet, Sweet, SWEET moment, not just in all the years I've been supporting Arsenal but EVER! I remember crying and going into some kind of ecstatic trance in the pub ... everyone was shouting and screaming and celebrating and ... just going crazy, not really knowing what to do and although there was all this Noise ... It was as if I wa sunder water and could only hear everything through a muffled barrier it was ...... :shock: :barscarf: 8) :lol: :barscarf: :dancingbanana: :dance: :cheers: :flag: :dancingbanana: :dance: :bowing21: :bowing21: :bowing21: :cheekkiss: :barscarf: :barscarf: :winner: :bestmates: :whee: :whee: :wailer: :whee: :happydance: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :cheers: :high5: :high5: :bowing21: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Those last minutes Last FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ! :anyminute:

:barscarf:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Even in that picture Smith don't look happy . I wonder if he hated us then ?

augie

Post by augie »

Am I the only one that thinks that the red card given to hayden today was a shocking decision ?? He slid in aggressively and won the ball cleanly, but on a wet pitch his momentum carried him into the opposition player and he was given a straight red. Mr vanilla (smudger) of course donned his angelic hat and claimed it had to be a red card, but souness (who would cut his mother in half in a 50/50 tackle) said it had to be a red card too :shock: :shock:

I now the football world is gone soft these days, but surely a tackle where a player wins the ball first cannot be deemed a sending off offence ?? :?

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:41 pm
Am I the only one that thinks that the red card given to hayden today was a shocking decision ?? He slid in aggressively and won the ball cleanly, but on a wet pitch his momentum carried him into the opposition player and he was given a straight red. Mr vanilla (smudger) of course donned his angelic hat and claimed it had to be a red card, but souness (who would cut his mother in half in a 50/50 tackle) said it had to be a red card too :shock: :shock:

I now the football world is gone soft these days, but surely a tackle where a player wins the ball first cannot be deemed a sending off offence ?? :?
Haven't seen the tackle but there does seem to be a thought that if a player wins the ball then it is not reckless or a foul.
You say his momentum carried him into the player, if he had snapped his leg would it have still been ok?

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:12 pm
augie wrote:

Haven't seen the tackle but there does seem to be a thought that if a player wins the ball then it is not reckless or a foul.
You say his momentum carried him into the player, if he had snapped his leg would it have still been ok?

In my opinion it would have been unfortunate but still not a foul or red card

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:18 pm
NickF wrote:
augie wrote:

But surely player safety has to account for something - you can just go maiming people in the aftermath and say "well he won the ball", which seems to be a general acceptance.
As I said didn't see the tackle so don't know if this was the case.

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:08 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:18 pm
NickF wrote:
augie wrote:

But surely player safety has to account for something - you can just go maiming people in the aftermath and say "well he won the ball", which seems to be a general acceptance.
As I said didn't see the tackle so don't know if this was the case.

But the flip side of what you are suggesting is the banning of tackling altogether :o I expect players to go in and tackle hard but fair to win possession back for their team, and if we are saying that players can no longer do that in case their momentum on a greasy slippy match might result in them clattering an opposition player, then we may as well ban all physical contact imo.
If you are asking me if the Leicester player got hurt in the challenge then the answer is an emphatic yes cos it was a hard tackle, but the reality is that hayden went for, and got, the ball and that is what the rules dictate - if we are over the top concerned on player safety, then maybe we should get our players to wear padded uniforms like they do in the nfl, and I say that as an nfl fan - the irony for me is that for years I have listened to football fans dismiss the physicality of American football based on the padding players, and now American football is 10 times more physical than our football/soccer :roll: