Palace (H) 27/10 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
CloakedGooner

Re: Palace (H) 27/10 @ 16:30

Post by CloakedGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:13 pm
Fans are singing the Ozil song now.
F.ucking mongs :x

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The only way this is going is a new manager on July 1st next year. We don't sack managers mid-season but it's not working and there is no way it will. We've missed the boat on a few years' worth of decent managers by sticking with Wanker for too long and we'll do the same if we keep this clown beyond next summer. Start planning it now, find a few names , get someone sorted and sack Emery at the end of the season.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

"He's wrong but we are going to speak inside about that situation," Emery told BBC Match of the Day.

The Arsenal boss added: "I want to be calm but, really, he was wrong in this action."

Lets wait and see what he does before judging his reaction eh lads? The previous c.unt would have let it pass and extend his contract. Lets see what develops.....I don't think he will take well to that reaction, especially the lack of respect for fans and manager

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Genuinely impressed that Xhaka manages to come up with new ways to disgrace the shirt and the captaincy.

Seems to be crumbling around Emery at the moment. Some of it he was saddled with and some is always going to be a matter of patience (that a lot of people seem to have forgotten), but picking Xhaka every game and making him captain is entirely his own doing.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Ozil home games has been a player to pick a pass had Auba had the amount of chances Giroud missed and went into platoon mode first two seasons :roll:

He has played himself out of the team,away anonymous mostly but to me still when a game slows down and fuck me it is slow this season ball movement,he is not a viable option for a place on the bench,really,

Xhaka is done now to me,big error a so called captain,had a shit game and got pulled off man is stealing a living.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Fuck him, he made him captain!! Useless bastard of a manager!
VAR? I dont give one fuck, whether they got it right or not!
2-0 up in 10 mins at home against Palace FFS and couldnt see it through or even ever look like we could!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

What must the great Arsenal captains of years gone by think about Xhaka today.

Xhaka isn't fit to wear the shirt let alone be captain. Sell him in January.

Topside Northbank

goonersid wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:02 pm
2-0 up in 10 mins at home against Palace FFS and couldnt see it through or even ever look like we could!
Get your frustration Xhaka.Emery who you called early on hands up I was happy you know who left,wanted him to do well,he hasn't.

But on VAR to get so many things wrong,sorry pal that was pathetic today goals change games a yellow card on Zaha reversed to a pen....but the Sokratis goal even sky had it as goal during the Scousers v Spuds game.

Clear and obvious,well Chambers it should of been a pen on him anyway but guess what we got done by it....Sokratis monday clear and obvious miss by mike dean :roll: sure you know where I am getting at,agendas.

2 up in ten should of gone on to at least control the game we didn't we don't decisions aside very weak

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

goonersid wrote:

I get the sentiment I want Emery/ xhaka gone.

If nothing else I want Emery gone because of the embarrassment of xhaka doing what he did today.

But what happened with VAR today is bias, we could have been brilliant all second half but for 15 great saves, and then scored that same goal, and git it ruled off

It was cheating , I feel like the result was the one VAR wanted. They gave a dodgy pen to level it, then ruled off a good goal that would have made it a non draw.

The first one I can see why was given, but it's not clear and obvious

The second one just looks like match fixing or some kind of bias

The only way our 3rd goal is ruled off if is they are actively searching .. "how can we chalk this off" ... Not... is there a clear and obvious error hete by the ref.

I can accept both facts we played shit, and we were also robbed , and robbed in such a way it might has well just let VAR call the game a draw and not play the fixture.

As angry as I am at xhaka , at Emery at luiz, I am more angry that someone is allowed to steal two points from us, even if we scored 3 from own goals, and had zero fucking shots on target. Match fixing is match fixing

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

Disgraceful, pathetic. 2-0 up and again 2 conceded.

We didnt look like scoring apart from those corners. Emery's style seems to be skip the midfield, just get it to the strikers as fast as possible. All speed and rush with zero composure. It seems to be some attempt at a very fast counterattacking style but with no clear pattern. Its really ugly and incoherent to watch.

Luizs legs have clearly gone. Guendozi (get your fkn hair cut) m.o.m again, driving the midfield and saving us in defence. Tierney very good on debut.

Xhaka must have the captaincy stripped. Disgusting.

No way Emery will be sacked unless we finish outside top four and as usual it'll be nip and tuck til the last day of the season.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Have they actually come out and said why the goal was disallowed yet?

It’s blatant fucking cheating that’s why. Hours after the game and nobody knows what’s went on.

Sue the c.unts.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

The way to react would be to accept the decision and get off the pitch quickly, determined next time to give it everything with a good performance....but no....that was a disgrace...surely must finish him as captain

As for the game the referee and VAR were total shite...i hate that VAR

Penalty changed the game, we look fragile mentally you have to accepte decisions go against you....could just see Palace would come back

thought Emery was a breath of fresh air after Wenger, but he is still not addressing the issues....poor defending.....no organisation....and weak mental attitude..

Topside Northbank

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:26 pm
goonersid wrote:

If nothing else I want Emery gone because of the embarrassment of xhaka doing what he did today.

But what happened with VAR today is bias, we could have been brilliant all second half but for 15 great saves, and then scored that same goal, and git it ruled off

It was cheating , I feel like the result was the one VAR wanted. They gave a dodgy pen to level it, then ruled off a good goal that would have made it a non draw.

The only way our 3rd goal is ruled off if is they are actively searching .. "how can we chalk this off" ... Not... is there a clear and obvious error hete by the ref.

I can accept both facts we played shit, and we were also robbed , and robbed in such a way it might has well just let VAR call the game a draw and not play the fixture.

As angry as I am at xhaka , at Emery at luiz, I am more angry that someone is allowed to steal two points from us, even if we scored 3 from own goals, and had zero fucking shots on target. Match fixing is match fixing
My sentiments exactly.

Villa have been killed by VAR this season good goals ruled out and the equalizer at Palace ruled out it was such a bad call you couldn't make it up,kicks off and I don't condone it but people get arrested.

Why frustration that boils over.

Alli handball clear against Watford last week gets given..his arm goes towards the ball...early season city get a last minute winner and because it hits the arm it;s a mandatory VAR no goal,no movement toward the ball even Spurs players walk away,Lloris even laughed when turned over.

VAR team today done us over and I know how shit we are.....love the goal line decisions whole ball over tech but once again ;clear and obvious' or lets have a agenda

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:44 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:26 pm
goonersid wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

Villa have been killed by VAR this season good goals ruled out and the equalizer at Palace ruled out it was such a bad call you couldn't make it up,kicks off and I don't condone it but people get arrested.

Why frustration that boils over.

Alli handball clear against Watford last week gets given..his arm goes towards the ball...early season city get a last minute winner and because it hits the arm it;s a mandatory VAR no goal,no movement toward the ball even Spurs players walk away,Lloris even laughed when turned over.

VAR team today done us over and I know how shit we are.....love the goal line decisions whole ball over tech but once again ;clear and obvious' or lets have a agenda

Exactly the only I don't understand is why, we are not a title threat, but there is a Pattern now of victims and spuds getting subjective calls given their way and us not .

I think VAR needs to be moved to a digital lines man.

Them add in bits every year

It's linesman + wrestling in the box / shirt pulling

Then add diving / pens / tackles in the box

We don't know what the fuck it reviews, when or why .

We just see who is getting the rub if the green .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think someone on here said a short while ago that Xhaka would be the end/death of Emery as manager.

Well if he hasn't before, after today's tantrum and his reaction to the crowd (the fans of the team he is supposed to be captaining) then I do not see a way back for him, which is a good thing,.

It has become crystal clear to all and sundry that Emery is not the man for the job and so he needs to go asap, but will most likely stink the place out till May. (*)

When you've got an 18/19yr old youngster Gendouzi giving his all and driving the team forward (yes, he has and does make mistakes) but to see youngsters like him and Martinelli showing HOW it should be done and what it means to play in the first team...and then a so called experienced player who is also the captain throwing his toys out of the pram...says it all xhaka MUST go.

(*) What concerns me is if IF he was to manage the team and we win the Europa Cup this season they might reward him with an extension. :shock: :?