Palace (H) 27/10 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Palace (H) 27/10 @ 16:30

Post by rodders999 »

Obviously at some point all the fuckwit refs have gotten together and taken a pact not to review the decision on the pitch side monitor. They’re just going to stand in the middle of the pitch and take a ruling from some random c.unt in a room 500 miles away.

That just completely fucks any credibility that was left in the game down the shitter.

As brutal a ref as Atkinson is there’s no way he walks over to the pitch side screen, reviews that incident and overrules the goal. No fucking way.

Yet he’s quite happy to be told in his ear to do so. Did he even ask why the goal wasn’t good? Was he told? Or is it just reverse the decision and give a free kick out?

I thought the days of been ridden rock fucking solid by refs was over with the introduction of VAR but for someone to watch that incident 4 or 5 times, up close and from all angles and to not give the goal????? That’s the most blatant act of cheating I have ever seen on a football field, that’s corruption South American football style, it’s the only possible conclusion I can come up with anyway.

Cheat.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:09 pm
Obviously at some point all the fuckwit refs have gotten together and taken a pact not to review the decision on the pitch side monitor. They’re just going to stand in the middle of the pitch and take a ruling from some random c.unt in a room 500 miles away.

That just completely fucks any credibility that was left in the game down the shitter.

As brutal a ref as Atkinson is there’s no way he walks over to the pitch side screen, reviews that incident and overrules the goal. No fucking way.

Yet he’s quite happy to be told in his ear to do so. Did he even ask why the goal wasn’t good? Was he told? Or is it just reverse the decision and give a free kick out?

I thought the days of been ridden rock fucking solid by refs was over with the introduction of VAR but for someone to watch that incident 4 or 5 times, up close and from all angles and to not give the goal????? That’s the most blatant act of cheating I have ever seen on a football field, that’s corruption South American football style, it’s the only possible conclusion I can come up with anyway.

Cheat.
Could it be the refs want VAR gone, and so are helping it fail.

That is the only thing I can think of other than match fixing for money , or making sure we don't finish top 4

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

The more basic question is why the goal was reviewed, palace didnt protest.

VAR is supposed to adjudicate decisions, not make them.

I think it should be limited to offside only.

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

I thought that's exactly what it was supposed to be for, incidents of fact. Offside, ball over the line etc.

What we seem to have now is just another referee sitting in a room making his own subjective calls and overriding the on field officials. It's ridiculous.

wibble

Post by wibble »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:26 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:02 pm
Fuck him, he made him captain!! Useless bastard of a manager!
VAR? I dont give one fuck, whether they got it right or not!
2-0 up in 10 mins at home against Palace FFS and couldnt see it through or even ever look like we could!

I get the sentiment I want Emery/ xhaka gone.

If nothing else I want Emery gone because of the embarrassment of xhaka doing what he did today.

But what happened with VAR today is bias, we could have been brilliant all second half but for 15 great saves, and then scored that same goal, and git it ruled off

It was cheating , I feel like the result was the one VAR wanted. They gave a dodgy pen to level it, then ruled off a good goal that would have made it a non draw.

The first one I can see why was given, but it's not clear and obvious

The second one just looks like match fixing or some kind of bias

The only way our 3rd goal is ruled off if is they are actively searching .. "how can we chalk this off" ... Not... is there a clear and obvious error hete by the ref.

I can accept both facts we played shit, and we were also robbed , and robbed in such a way it might has well just let VAR call the game a draw and not play the fixture.

As angry as I am at xhaka , at Emery at luiz, I am more angry that someone is allowed to steal two points from us, even if we scored 3 from own goals, and had zero fucking shots on target. Match fixing is match fixing
This. Totally agree. Whilst we may be shit, the folk making the decision to disallow our goal are either corrupt or braindead cun.ts

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The most fucked up thing of all is that because the on field decision is to give the goal it could only have been overturned due to a clear and obvious mistake by the referee.

Nobody can find any issue with the goal yet we’re suppose to swallow that VAR has seen a clear an obvious error?

Fuck off it’s the biggest con job I’ve ever seen.

augie

Post by augie »

Firstly apologies for my previous post and the emoji's being so big - I posted it through my phone and had no idea it would come out like that :shock: :oops: :oops:

What I will say though, is that my comments about c.unts singing for ozil remain - fcuk off cos you are brainless knobs :censored:

I havent had time to go through all the previous posts so dont know if my views on this are shared, but fcuk me laca and auba were dogshite today - auba had one of his awol days when he doesnt give a flying fcuk, whilst laca's touch and movement were shocking :shock: How martinelli wasnt brought on for laca I do not know

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Wengerballs wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:36 pm

No way Emery will be sacked unless we finish outside top four and as usual it'll be nip and tuck til the last day of the season.
I'm not sure it will be this time, Leicester are in top form and if (which is very likely) they beat us in 2 games time we will be a long way off them, the gap to the chavs is already 4 points, I can see us being a good 7 or 8 points off 4th place by xmas.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:56 pm
I think someone on here said a short while ago that Xhaka would be the end/death of Emery as manager.

Well if he hasn't before, after today's tantrum and his reaction to the crowd (the fans of the team he is supposed to be captaining) then I do not see a way back for him, which is a good thing,.

It has become crystal clear to all and sundry that Emery is not the man for the job and so he needs to go asap, but will most likely stink the place out till May. (*)

When you've got an 18/19yr old youngster Gendouzi giving his all and driving the team forward (yes, he has and does make mistakes) but to see youngsters like him and Martinelli showing HOW it should be done and what it means to play in the first team...and then a so called experienced player who is also the captain throwing his toys out of the pram...says it all xhaka MUST go.

(*) What concerns me is if IF he was to manage the team and we win the Europa Cup this season they might reward him with an extension. :shock: :?

I think that was probably me OBG. Been saying all season that Emery’s stubborn adherence to picking Xhaka (let alone making him captain), would be his undoing at the Club.

Most people on here know my feelings about Xhaka, I’ve been making it clear since the French nutjob bought him. I can’t think of a worse midfield player that I’ve seen in an Arsenal jersey and believe me, I’ve seen some prime contenders.

The guy is beyond useless and offers absolutely nothing. Poor technically, so obviously can’t create anything, can’t tackle, no positional sense and no football brain to read the game, slow and no desire. Not even capable of being a nuisance along the lines of oafs like Robbie Savage. On top of all that, he has the dubious ability to hide in a centre mid position and actively avoids the ball and gets rid of it as soon as he possibly can...often playing team mates bang into trouble.

I’ve said here before that he wouldn’t shine in leagues 1 or 2. He’d be an also ran in the Conference. As bad as his reaction to the crowd was today, it shouldn’t be the reason that his time at the Club is up....his awful performances should have done that an age ago.

All last season I had reservations about Dick, but kept saying that he inherited a crock of shit, so I’d reserve judgement until this Christmas. However, I kept saying that the thing that cast the most doubt over his ability as a manager, imo, was the fact that Xhaka was his first choice centre mid. No one who has a clue about what they’re looking at, rates Xhaka, yet Emery does. Says it all.

We’ve all seen players that divide opinion...I had no time for Ramsey, but many rated him highly....and that’s football. Luckily, I never meet an Arsenal supporter that rates Xhaka. He doesn’t divide opinion, it’s unified 100% against him !!

If Dick sticks with him, it will be the single biggest issue that finishes the manager off....although there’s plenty of other ammunition besides.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:46 pm
The more basic question is why the goal was reviewed, palace didnt protest.

VAR is supposed to adjudicate decisions, not make them.

I think it should be limited to offside only.
Thats a key point no Palace protest...those VAR fuckers have ruined our game

General

Post by General »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:42 am
General wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:46 pm

We lost momentum towards the end of last season through injuries, suspensions and a punishing fixture schedule. By the time we got to the final, we were playing a makeshift right back, A declining left back, Ramsey had pulled his hamstring, Mkhitaryan couldn’t travel, and the squad was on its last legs. Ozil also decided not to turn up and in the end it was Chelsea’s superior dynamism rather than quality that won the day.
Dick made the wrong call in chasing after the mickey mouse cup instead of going all out to secure a top 4 finish in the league. We ended up going tits up against Everton, Palace, Wolves and Leicester and then drew with Brighton at home. With wiggy's wallet firmly in his pocket we badly needed to grab the cash that the CL brings not concentrate on the second rate ropey cup which is worthless in monetary terms. I would have a degree of respect for Dick if he had achieved top 4 and he would have made his own position more secure. Now after failing top 4 and getting humped by the chavs he just looks like he doesn't know what he's doing which is probably nearer the truth.
We punched above our weight and most fans never thought we could realistically make top 4 at the start of last season. We came close thanks to our early season form and ultimately run out of steam thanks to injuries, suspensions and a punishing fixture schedule.

What we have now is a good team that is undermined by the weakest midfield in the top 6. Fail to rectify this in January and we can can kiss goodbye to any chances of making the top 4.

General

Post by General »

I’ve heard the VAR referee who ruled out the goal has never refereed a PL game. An Aussie by the name of Jarred Gillet. Has 9 football league games and 2 Carabao games on his CV. This is shocking if true. Only in England have we managed to turn a feature that was meant to improve the integrity of the game into a complete farce. The rest of Europe have no such issues and it’s simply because referees have access to the pitch side monitor. As hard nosed as Atkinson is, no way he gives that if he saw it again. About time clubs joined forces and uprooted Mike Riley

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:28 pm
The most fucked up thing of all is that because the on field decision is to give the goal it could only have been overturned due to a clear and obvious mistake by the referee.

Nobody can find any issue with the goal yet we’re suppose to swallow that VAR has seen a clear an obvious error?

Fuck off it’s the biggest con job I’ve ever seen.
And you'll see goals given over the rest of the season with WORSE going on inside the box and still being allowed,its a fucking nonsense,bring the faceless VAR "judge" out to explain exactly what he had seen,and to justify the goal being ruled out,who does have the final say? the ref or VAR judge? the ref saw nothing wrong but some c unt in a caravan with a tele saw an issue,now whats to stop a team in future having a player "going over easily" as a little safety net that they can try to have reviewed if they can concede a goal,and taking a chance on a bent wanker like yesterday saying No Goal,fuck football,I hope it goes bankrupt in 2 years.

John F

Post by John F »

General wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:45 am
I’ve heard the VAR referee who ruled out the goal has never refereed a PL game. An Aussie by the name of Jarred Gillet. Has 9 football league games and 2 Carabao games on his CV. This is shocking if true. Only in England have we managed to turn a feature that was meant to improve the integrity of the game into a complete farce. The rest of Europe have no such issues and it’s simply because referees have access to the pitch side monitor. As hard nosed as Atkinson is, no way he gives that if he saw it again. About time clubs joined forces and uprooted Mike Riley
I do not think you would have to of refereed one game to get that decision right everyone could see that Chambers was the one that was fouled.I wouldn't be surprised if a cricket style betting scandal was uncovered in the future either that or he was too busy thinking about sheep dressed in suspenders.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

at least Mark Clattenberg can see what happened...FFS is was an obvious dive

Referee Martin Atkinson was right to book the Palace man for simulation. He was in a perfect position to make the call, too. Calum Chambers' leg was planted and Zaha threw himself to the ground. Atkinson spotted his ploy and produced a yellow card.

Fucking Zaha cheated and yes hes good at it......still a *word censored*

As for sokratis winner, absolutely nothing wrong with it....who can explain why is not allowed???