Leicester A Sat 9th Nov KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Leicester A Sat 9th Nov KO 1730

Post by robbo10 »

clummo123 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:20 pm
"The captaincy issue has only served to underline Emery’s lack of leadership as yesterday the Arsenal manager admitted that Xhaka has made himself unavailable as the fall-out from his row with the fans gets worse with every instalment."

That is particularly interesting if true. We were led to believe that Emery stripped the captaincy from Xhaka, not that Xkaka chose to step aside.
I can imagine Xhaka being the sort of player who is refusing to play again,forcing a winter sale by Arsenal,instead of being a bigger player and fighting to prove it was wrong to boo him (it wasnt) I reckon he's gone on strike to force a move,and Emery is just playing devils advocate between the press/club/player,hopefully he will go in January,he's not even Arsenal quality let alone Arsenal captain quality.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

robbo10 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:23 am
clummo123 wrote:
"The captaincy issue has only served to underline Emery’s lack of leadership as yesterday the Arsenal manager admitted that Xhaka has made himself unavailable as the fall-out from his row with the fans gets worse with every instalment."

That is particularly interesting if true. We were led to believe that Emery stripped the captaincy from Xhaka, not that Xkaka chose to step aside.
I can imagine Xhaka being the sort of player who is refusing to play again,forcing a winter sale by Arsenal,instead of being a bigger player and fighting to prove it was wrong to boo him (it wasnt) I reckon he's gone on strike to force a move,and Emery is just playing devils advocate between the press/club/player,hopefully he will go in January,he's not even Arsenal quality let alone Arsenal captain quality.
That's how I see it too - the gormless prick has had more than 100 games to prove his worth and has consistently been shit. I would say for the vast majority of that period the fans have been kind to him - perhaps not on social media (as if they are the true fans anyway) - and certainly there hasn't been audible booing or abuse aimed at him. One incident and diddums spits the dummy and issues the least sincere apology I've heard in an age.....in fact it isn't even an apology. Well I wish him all the very best trying to find another club of Arsenal's stature willing to make him captain and play him week in, week out for around 100 games. The sooner this arsehole leaves the club the better - just typifies the modern player.....measures his success by the number of followers he has, and then gets all bent out of shape by a few boos.

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:36 am
robbo10 wrote:
clummo123 wrote:

That's how I see it too - the gormless prick has had more than 100 games to prove his worth and has consistently been shit. I would say for the vast majority of that period the fans have been kind to him - perhaps not on social media (as if they are the true fans anyway) - and certainly there hasn't been audible booing or abuse aimed at him. One incident and diddums spits the dummy and issues the least sincere apology I've heard in an age.....in fact it isn't even an apology. Well I wish him all the very best trying to find another club of Arsenal's stature willing to make him captain and play him week in, week out for around 100 games. The sooner this arsehole leaves the club the better - just typifies the modern player.....measures his success by the number of followers he has, and then gets all bent out of shape by a few boos.
Well said mate !

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:36 am
robbo10 wrote:
clummo123 wrote:

100% agree,if Xhaka NEVER plays for Arsenal again I think that is Xhaka's decision not Emery's or Arsenal's,

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:19 am
TeeCee wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 am
Contesque
is that a typo? 8)
Aint that the posh undies my old woman buys?
When did she start wearing undies :shock: :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:31 am
robbo10 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Contesque
is that a typo? 8)
Only between November and March to keep the Jack and Danny warm :oops: :lol: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:31 am
robbo10 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Contesque
is that a typo? 8)
:lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

We're going to get slapped.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

If we take a pasting of southhampton proportions do we expect him to turn off the lights on the way out?

Midz

Post by Midz »

I don't want to see us get walloped in order for the board to oust Emery. Another lacklustre performance losing by the odd goal (or maybe two) will suffice.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Just over an hour to the beginning of the end for clueless useless Emery!!
I reckon we’re in for a 4 or 5 goal pasting!!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsena Il: Leno, Bellerin, Holding, Luiz, Kolasinac, Torreira, Chambers, Guendouzi, Ozil, Lacazette, Aubameyang

Subs: Tierney, Papastathopoulos, Pepe, Martinez, Willock, Martinelli, Saka

#LEIARS

https://t.co/KXhwonmcaW

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Chambers of Horrors in midfield. This bodes well (!)

augie

Post by augie »

No Tierney - probably our best player in the last month, and they leaving him on the bench and playing a defensively shit guy instead :roll: Vardy will destroy us in the gaps that kolasniac leaves behind him :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:35 pm
Chambers of Horrors in midfield. This bodes well (!)

:lol: :lol:
Might be playing 3 at the back Bob, but that means our only wide men are the fullbacks, unless Auba and Ozil are out wide.

No Pepe or Martinez starting and Tierney also on the bench. Who knows how this plays out, but it seems to be further evidence that Dick is still thrashing around desperately to work out his best system / starting eleven.