Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Unai Emery

Post by sk-gtfo »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:42 pm
Get rid of him because once Manure sack the ugly goblin, we'll be further down the pecking order for a decent manager. Get in there first.
Yeah I don't think people realise this is not as bad as it gets, I can see both Spurs and Utd ahead of us this season, certainly next, we will be a midtable club soon, the Emirates stadium is to blame for this, think about it.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If he’s still in charge for the next game the the season is over (if it’s not already).

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We’ve had 6 shots on target in our last 3 games :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This Is So Depressing.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Get rid of him now!

Clash

Post by Clash »

From 12 available points against Sheffield Utd, Palace, Wolves and Leicester we’ve picked up 2 points.

We can blame Emery as much as we want for that but we should not let the players or other individuals working at the club escape criticism from these shocking set of results. It’s not down to just one man.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

It’s confirmed: Raul Sanllehi is already in the hunt for a new head coach and has been in touch with Luis Enrique [@Kike_Marin_]

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:22 pm
It’s confirmed: Raul Sanllehi is already in the hunt for a new head coach and has been in touch with Luis Enrique [@Kike_Marin_]
From one subpar manager to another, what the hell is Raul doing. I know the market is dry for managers but goodness me don't go to him, he is no better than what we have now.

I also hope Raul's connections aren't limited to Spain, that's where keeps going.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Rian1 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:42 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
From one subpar manager to another, what the hell is Raul doing. I know the market is dry for managers but goodness me don't go to him, he is no better than what we have now.

I also hope Raul's connections aren't limited to Spain, that's where keeps going.
Now don't know much about him, think someone said he doesn't speak English, but he's won the CL, Spanish title twice, and 2 of their fa cups.

Arsenal Till I Die

Frank Lampard's transfer banned Chelsea team look miles ahead of us, and he's been there less time than Emery and I wouldn't say their squad is miles ahead of ours.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:48 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:42 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Now don't know much about him, think someone said he doesn't speak English, but he's won the CL, Spanish title twice, and 2 of their fa cups.
Think he's a bit of a fair weather manager tbh.

Managed Barca B, then went to Roma - failed, went to Vigo - failed then his mate got him the Barca job when they still had all their main men except Xavi. All he had to do was keep Vermaelen out of the side and it was a done deal - trophies.

Then he got the Spain job but chucked it in for family reasons - it was announced his young daughter died shortly after.

Arsenal Till I Die

I actually feel a bit sorry for Emery. I don't think he's a bad manager, I just think he's too cautious for the PL, or at least too cautious for a top club within the PL.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 pm
I actually feel a bit sorry for Emery. I don't think he's a bad manager, I just think he's too cautious for the PL, or at least too cautious for a top club within the PL.
Are you mental?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:22 pm
Are you mental?

Arsenal Till I Die

goonersid wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:22 pm
Are you mental?
I'm not sober! :lol:

I feel sorry for him in the sense that he's facing continious scruitnty when, arguably, it should now be directed at the board. Throughout the latter stages of last season and the entireity of this season we have been poor. It has been clear as day that Emery isn't rogressing with this team. When you look at Lampard, for example, who has just walked into a team with a transfer ban and has them looking convicing and comforable. We've never really looked all that convincing; even during that unbeaten run last season we relied heavily on luck, a lot of the time.

It's not the man's fault that he's out of his depth. Like we all have, he applied for a job that he was out of his depth for and, unlike most of us im sure, he actually got it. He didn't volenteer as tribute or pull the sword from the stone; he was appointed by Arsenal, despite the fact that he has had previous, and glaring issues, at other clubs - all of which are on show at Arsenal.

The longer he stays the more critisim shouldbe aimed at the board.