ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:30 pm
clummo123 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:51 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:27 pm
BREAKING: Lucas Torreira has told Arsenal that he wants to leave the club in January but the Gunners doesn't want to sell the player and will held talks with him & his reps very soon. #SSN #AFC
The boy hasn't seemed to settle in at all, let's be honest. Anyone that doesn't want to be here can do one imo. There isn't one of the current crop I'd fight to keep.
It would be interesting to know whether he hasn't settled because of Dick not playing him or whether he just hasn't settled here. But as you say, not worth keeping and who knows we might actually buy a proper DM......or not :roll:

This x 1 million - he is a very good defensive midfielder, with the potential to be a top quality defensive midfielder, but for some bizarre reason emery is employing him as an attacking midfielder :shock: :shock: He is look at a hugely shit xhaka getting picked in his position every single fcuking week, and if that is as little as emery thinks of him, then I can understand him wanting out

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Midz wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:51 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:27 pm
BREAKING: Lucas Torreira has told Arsenal that he wants to leave the club in January but the Gunners doesn't want to sell the player and will held talks with him & his reps very soon. #SSN #AFC
You can't blame him if it's for football reasons as he's been Dicked around something silly. Tbf I thought he was all right when he first came and given the chance to play regularly rather than benched and subbed, I think he'd do ok.
He's bang average tbf, he had a few good games last season but then rapidly declined.

He's been pretty awful when he has played this season and his last game he gave away absolutely ridiculous free kicks 20 yards from goal in front of goal, he's an idiot in football terms and no way an answer to a a quality DM.

Tbh we do miss Ramsey, we don't have that type of player anymore.

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Haven't seen much of him lately,but based on last year dont think he has what it takes to be anything but average.To use that old quip, he's got deceptive pace,he's even slower than he looks.Could never seem to get back if caught wrong side.

Herd

Post by Herd »

They come for money they leave because they can see we are a club on the road to nowhere !
Bitches they come they go !

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Rumours that Guadiola has had enough of life in the North East, that’s Pep talk for “I don’t like competition”
So he’ll be on the lookout for his next big challenge, ie “ a league with a team that has a vastly superior squad and spending power than anyone else” where he can be hailed as “genius” until he is once again found out!
I really can’t stand that smarmy c u n t !

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Bellerin's agent Albert Botines: "He [Bellerin] likes Italy, the interest of an Italian club has been there but I can’t reveal it. He has a long contract & it won’t be easy to take him away from #Arsenal. He is vice-captain, we will see how the season will go" https://t.co/9SIpyJUvgq

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:36 am
Rumours that Guadiola has had enough of life in the North East, that’s Pep talk for “I don’t like competition”
So he’ll be on the lookout for his next big challenge, ie “ a league with a team that has a vastly superior squad and spending power than anyone else” where he can be hailed as “genius” until he is once again found out!
Off to PSG or Juventus in a year or so. Cue more fawning and talk of magic touch and no talk of how he only goes to the richest club in whatever country.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:07 pm
Bellerin's agent Albert Botines: "He [Bellerin] likes Italy, the interest of an Italian club has been there but I can’t reveal it. He has a long contract & it won’t be easy to take him away from #Arsenal. He is vice-captain, we will see how the season will go" https://t.co/9SIpyJUvgq
Oh I don't know, if someone wants to offer us £50M for bellend..... :rubchin:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Independently of how bad we are currently or of what's happens with UE in the short term I find it worrying the sudden rash of rumours surrounding our players at the moment, its unlikely UE will here next season and losing some of our better players either in the new year or next summer will make it more difficult to attract a the right kind of replacement especially with the way we fund transfers currently.

I see this as the beginning of a trend if something drastic doesn't change at the club over the remainder of this season :rubchin:

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:20 pm
Independently of how bad we are currently or of what's happens with UE in the short term I find it worrying the sudden rash of rumours surrounding our players at the moment, its unlikely UE will here next season and losing some of our better players either in the new year or next summer will make it more difficult to attract a the right kind of replacement especially with the way we fund transfers currently.

I see this as the beginning of a trend if something drastic doesn't change at the club over the remainder of this season :rubchin:
I'm sure it's just agents stirring the pot because of the state we're in atm. They see an ideal opportunity to earn a few million.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Yeah and who are we going to put in that position to add to the miseries of CB and DM we are in.

We don't play to Bellerin's main strengths, the same as Ozil and Auba/Laca. Put any of them in the right team and position and they show their worth. Then we blame the players for underperforming, it's not them it's out shitty system.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

goonersid wrote:
lol like Pep has anything to prove. Wherever he went he was successful, albeit, the clubs are well coordinated but that's not his fault if big clubs want him. Any decent team with a vision will spend money, we are so accustomed to Arsenal's transfer policies that we forget any team of our caliber spend a good chunk every transfer window.

Imagine him trying to please the unknown cūnts around the World and take Sunderland's job. There is no manager in the world that will satisfy the footballing fans; if he takes a shit job he gets labelled as a shit manager not worthy of big clubs. He takes a big club with funds and he's a fraud, overlooking what he actually does at the club, players and everything else that goes behind a team.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

clummo123 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:55 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

I'm sure it's just agents stirring the pot because of the state we're in atm. They see an ideal opportunity to earn a few million.
That's exactly the point mate, Agents are like sharks, they smell blood in the water they move in for the kill. If reports are to be believed and obviously there is an element of 'Gutter Journalism' that has to be taken into account, neither Auba or Laca are willing to sign new contracts, Lucas Torriera is unhappy and now Bellerin is thrown in the mix, the afore mentioned sharks will be looking for the extra millions and if we are unwilling to pay they'll try their best to find someone who will.

I've not been impressed with any of those players this season but if we lost them we'd be in a much worse situation than if we keep them, if a new Manager comes in i'd like him to have a team he can do something with rather than having to bargain basement replacements because Arsenals star has fallen even further in the mean time.

Unfortunately we Arsenal fans can seriously suffer from Rose Tinted Glasses far to often, to us we're still a big club but the footballing world moves on constantly and we can't keep harking back to the glories of the 90's & early 2000's, if we do we'll end up like the Victims with too big a sense of entitlement.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:42 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Yeah and who are we going to put in that position to add to the miseries of CB and DM we are in.

We don't play to Bellerin's main strengths, the same as Ozil and Auba/Laca. Put any of them in the right team and position and they show their worth. Then we blame the players for underperforming, it's not them it's out shitty system.

Ffs I've watched bellend so many times and I still don't know what his main strengths are so please enlighten me. His defensive abilities are bog average, his discipline wayward and I can count on one hand or even the thumbs of one hand how many times I've seen him use his apparent cheetah like speed to destroy a LB and so what if he did as he can't cross for sh.it anyway. He isn't separate from the defensive problems we have, he's part of them. Watching him and Kolasinac as our fullbacks is fu.cking soul destroying when you consider some of the players we've had in those positions over the years. Let's not forget that at Barca he was used as a winger not a defender which only came when he arrived here as a kid and we 'converted' him to a RB which perhaps explains his shortcomings. £50M for him - done.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Rian1 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:48 pm
goonersid wrote:
lol like Pep has anything to prove. Wherever he went he was successful, albeit, the clubs are well coordinated but that's not his fault if big clubs want him. Any decent team with a vision will spend money, we are so accustomed to Arsenal's transfer policies that we forget any team of our caliber spend a good chunk every transfer window.

Imagine him trying to please the unknown cūnts around the World and take Sunderland's job. There is no manager in the world that will satisfy the footballing fans; if he takes a shit job he gets labelled as a shit manager not worthy of big clubs. He takes a big club with funds and he's a fraud, overlooking what he actually does at the club, players and everything else that goes behind a team.
Exactly let him manage macclesfield, see how he gets on