The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

Jean Monnet has been dead 40 years.
I think that Juncker has probably got a clearer understanding of what is going on these days in the EU.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:32 pm
Europe's nations should be guided towards the superstate without the people realising what is happening. This can be achieved by successive steps each disguised by having an economic purpose but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation .Jean Monnet ( 1952 ). look him up , he is called the founder of the E.U project.
I'm sure Queen Victoria was very fond of the British Empire. Does that mean that Queen Lizzy
The Gooner views the Commonwealth in the same way? :wink:

Quoting stuff from a debunked long dead old guy is a pretty weak argument mate.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:20 pm
Thick head ? Insulting is no way to argue a point
Have to agree.

Rob you've been asked on a few occasions to stop the personal insults mate.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I am not sure about that DB 10.
The E.U is a progression and Monnets words are best illustrated here
http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files ... ration.pdf.
it is a case of softly softly catchee monkey , I have always argued that it is a long term aim which on the surface looks useful and pretty harmless but behind it all is a means to an end and that is a European superstate run fom Brussels .
By the way Rob , when asked a few years back Junker is quoted in saying :- 'When it becomes serious, you have to lie' ( Daily Telegraph rport )
The longest serving veteran of Brussels deal-making, until last year Jean-Claude Juncker headed the powerful Eurogroup meetings of eurozone finance ministers firefighting the crisis in the EU’s single currency - an institution he had helped create, warts and all, in the Nineties.

"We decide on something, leave it lying around and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don't understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back," he said of the euro's introduction.

At the height of the eurozone crisis, Mr Juncker was described as the “master of lies” for organising a meeting of finance ministers to talk about whether Greece could remain in the single currency and then trying to deny it was taking place.

Germany's Suddeutsche Zeitung accused Mr Juncker of “taking the lead on the deception” and warned he had managed “to fritter away the last remaining trust the people of Europe still have”.

Mr Juncker has never hidden his view that the compromises and deals being worked out in EU meetings or leaders or ministers need be protected from public scrutiny, by lies if necessary.

"When it becomes serious, you have to lie," he said.

In May 2011, he told a meeting of the federalist European Movement that he often “had to lie” and that eurozone monetary policy should be discussed in “secret, dark debates”.

THIS IS THE MAN YOU TRUST ?????????

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:23 pm
I am not sure about that DB 10.
The E.U is a progression and Monnets words are best illustrated here
http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files ... ration.pdf.
it is a case of softly softly catchee monkey , I have always argued that it is a long term aim which on the surface looks useful and pretty harmless but behind it all is a means to an end and that is a European superstate run fom Brussels .
By the way Rob , when asked a few years back Junker is quoted in saying :- 'When it becomes serious, you have to lie' ( Daily Telegraph rport )
The longest serving veteran of Brussels deal-making, until last year Jean-Claude Juncker headed the powerful Eurogroup meetings of eurozone finance ministers firefighting the crisis in the EU’s single currency - an institution he had helped create, warts and all, in the Nineties.

"We decide on something, leave it lying around and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don't understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back," he said of the euro's introduction.

At the height of the eurozone crisis, Mr Juncker was described as the “master of lies” for organising a meeting of finance ministers to talk about whether Greece could remain in the single currency and then trying to deny it was taking place.

Germany's Suddeutsche Zeitung accused Mr Juncker of “taking the lead on the deception” and warned he had managed “to fritter away the last remaining trust the people of Europe still have”.

Mr Juncker has never hidden his view that the compromises and deals being worked out in EU meetings or leaders or ministers need be protected from public scrutiny, by lies if necessary.

"When it becomes serious, you have to lie," he said.

In May 2011, he told a meeting of the federalist European Movement that he often “had to lie” and that eurozone monetary policy should be discussed in “secret, dark debates”.

THIS IS THE MAN YOU TRUST ?????????
Playing devil's advocate here..... :wink:

Your last comment mate. The converse implication of that is as a Leaver you trust Johnson and Farage? Two of the biggest lying crooked lowlifes in politics a field renowned for being populated 100% by lying crooked lowlifes.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Devil's advocate or should I call you MAZE , ?
That's like saying that because I don't support Liverpool then I must support United . Actually I don't have much time for politicians of any suit . I don't actually trust either Farage or Johnson any more than Corbyn or Starmer for that matter. There are a few that I believe tell things the way they see them and those I will give credence to , but they are few and far between.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:48 am
Devil's advocate or should I call you MAZE , ?
That's like saying that because I don't support Liverpool then I must support United . Actually I don't have much time for politicians of any suit . I don't actually trust either Farage or Johnson any more than Corbyn or Starmer for that matter. There are a few that I believe tell things the way they see them and those I will give credence to , but they are few and far between.
My point is your implication was that because Rob is a Remainer he must trust Juncker. That works both ways no?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

In all fairness it was Rob that quoted Juncker,I just replied showing him not to be a paragon of virtue and the font of all knowledge that I would accept.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

hey Flash - you can't lock this thread - Brexit hasn't started yet! :D :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I am surprised that this thread has not spread to encompass the election

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:07 pm
I am surprised that this thread has not spread to encompass the election
I'm surprised this thread has not spread to encompass the whole of humanity. :shock:

:lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

:D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

During the war

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »