ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

I am more surprised by the first than the latter :?

BBC:
(Calciomercato)
Newcastle United are interested in signing Arsenal's Switzerland midfielder Granit Xhaka, 27, on loan in January.

YESSS! Away tha Tooon! Please take him with our compliments...

The agent of Arsenal's Spain defender Héctor Bellerín says his client, 24, is "seeing how the season goes" at Emirates Stadium after receiving transfer interest from Italy. (Sky Sport Italia via Football Italia)

Bellerin started out really well when he first came into the team, but now he is average at best and so if he goes there are better RB's out there..

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:46 am

BBC:
(Calciomercato)
Newcastle United are interested in signing Arsenal's Switzerland midfielder Granit Xhaka, 27, on loan in January.

The agent of Arsenal's Spain defender Héctor Bellerín says his client, 24, is "seeing how the season goes" at Emirates Stadium after receiving transfer interest from Italy. (Sky Sport Italia via Football Italia)

Bellerin started out really well when he first came into the team, but now he is average at best and so if he goes there are better RB's out there..
Xhaka going on loan is no bloody good, he needs to depart permanently.

Bellerin is easily replaceable, nowhere near the player he could have been or thinks he is.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Xhaka......yet another Arsenal success story :roll:

New club motto - "buy them dear loan them cheap"

Where's my transalator pal - how does that one read in latin :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:20 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

BBC:
(Calciomercato)

Bellerin is easily replaceable, nowhere near the player he could have been or thinks he is.
Not sure what happened to him as you say he started out very well when wotsisname got injured and Bellerin took his place.

Midz

Post by Midz »

as for Xhaka I'd rather sell him outright even if we make a loss rather than have him on the books. Get rid asap.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Midz wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:53 pm
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

BBC:
(Calciomercato)

Not sure what happened to him as you say he started out very well when wotsisname got injured and Bellerin took his place.
Has he ever really been a good at defending?....yes can look great going forward with his pace or at least did pre injury

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mirror say #Arsenal will offer Granit Xhaka to Monchengladbach in return for their Switzerland international midfielder Denis Zakaria. https://t.co/0AkpQmeyBm

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:12 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:53 pm
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

BBC:
(Calciomercato)

Has he ever really been any good at defending?....yes can look great going forward with his pace or at least did pre injury

augie

Post by augie »

Is this the guy that santi cazorla was supposed to have tipped us off about ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... au-torres/

A 22 year old eft footed centre back would tick a lot of boxes for us (IF he is good enough), but £43m will be out of our price range, plus if citeeh and manure want him we have no chance of competing financially

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:58 pm

"stricta defectum asinum" :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:51 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:58 pm

"stricta defectum asinum" :wink:
:lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @90min_Football, #Arsenal would like to send Xhaka back to Gladbach, on loan, in January in the hope that it would move them to the front of the queue for Denis Zakaria's signature in the summer. https://t.co/VUcxtQTb0v

augie

Post by augie »

augie wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:58 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:30 pm
clummo123 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:51 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:27 pm
BREAKING: Lucas Torreira has told Arsenal that he wants to leave the club in January but the Gunners doesn't want to sell the player and will held talks with him & his reps very soon. #SSN #AFC
The boy hasn't seemed to settle in at all, let's be honest. Anyone that doesn't want to be here can do one imo. There isn't one of the current crop I'd fight to keep.
It would be interesting to know whether he hasn't settled because of Dick not playing him or whether he just hasn't settled here. But as you say, not worth keeping and who knows we might actually buy a proper DM......or not :roll:

This x 1 million - he is a very good defensive midfielder, with the potential to be a top quality defensive midfielder, but for some bizarre reason emery is employing him as an attacking midfielder :shock: :shock: He is look at a hugely shit xhaka getting picked in his position every single fcuking week, and if that is as little as emery thinks of him, then I can understand him wanting out

Could we have been right after all ? :rubchin:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 88926.html

Only a fool would play him in an advanced midfield role

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are planning a scouting mission tomorrow for Hungary midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai. An Arsenal source says that the club regard RB Salzburg ace Szoboszlai as a genuine contender to replace Xhaka in their midfielder. [@SportsPeteO]

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:29 pm
Arsenal are planning a scouting mission tomorrow for Hungary midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai. An Arsenal source says that the club regard RB Salzburg ace Szoboszlai as a genuine contender to replace Xhaka in their midfielder. [@SportsPeteO]
Tbh I'd consider my dead grandmother as a genuine contender to replace Xhakatard. Wouldn't be any worse.