Norwich A Sun Dec 1st 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Norwich A Sun Dec 1st 2pm

Post by xisstential »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:56 pm
You can’t polish shit!
How the fuck any decent manager is going to come to Arsenal to manage this shower of shit is beyond me. It’ll take £250m -£300m to get this squad somewhere near competitive and there are at least 8 players who have to go. :roll:
You can sprinkle glitter on it though....we don't even bother to do that.

We need £500m and a top, top qualiteee manager. Not Rodgers, not Freddie, not Eddie Howe, not that geezer from Wolves....top qualiteee

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The new Arsenal Home/Away/ whatever Kit:

:( :banghead: :cussing: :suicide:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:07 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:56 pm
You can’t polish shit!
How the fuck any decent manager is going to come to Arsenal to manage this shower of shit is beyond me. It’ll take £250m -£300m to get this squad somewhere near competitive and there are at least 8 players who have to go. :roll:
You can sprinkle glitter on it though....we don't even bother to do that.

We need £500m and a top, top qualiteee manager. Not Rodgers, not Freddie, not Eddie Howe, not that geezer from Wolves....top qualiteee

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I’m not saying this for a reaction because I genuinely believe it but once our better players fuck off (which they will) all it would take would be one or two underwhelming transfer windows and there would actually be a serious danger of relegation for this club.

We’re already at the stage where we drop points pretty much every time we play away in the league, if the squad were to weaken any further and our home form dipped we’d be in serious shit and we’d no characters to in the team to steady the ship.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I don't blame Ljungberg for us being defensively shaky, low on confidence and ultimately spineless. He's a caretaker, not a miracle worker.

That said, if this is something of an audition for the role then it didn't start well. The things that he could control - the team selection, the formation and the substitutions - were a bit frightening. Straight out of the Emery playbook.

He started Kolasinac, Xhaka and Mustafi - unsurprisingly, they were all completely garbage. In the second half, Aubameyang found himself on the right wing for the last half hour doing absolutely nothing, with nobody on the left wing. Waited too long to make substitutes, particularly Willock and Xhaka who were miles off the pace. And then when a substitution did come, it was Torreira whilst he left our three young attackers on the bench (didn't have a problem bringing Torreira on and he did well, but no positive changes going forward).

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm
I’m not saying this for a reaction because I genuinely believe it but once our better players fuck off (which they will) all it would take would be one or two underwhelming transfer windows and there would actually be a serious danger of relegation for this club.

We’re already at the stage where we drop points pretty much every time we play away in the league, if the squad were to weaken any further and our home form dipped we’d be in serious shit and we’d no characters to in the team to steady the ship.
FFS ! Cheer up Rodders, 4 weeks til Christmas :barscarf: :corkbarry: :corkbarry: :corkbarry:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Scraping the barrel for positives.... when was the last time we looked so dangerous off corners and is there a better keeper in the league than Leno?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:17 pm
Scraping the barrel for positives.... when was the last time we looked so dangerous off corners and is there a better keeper in the league than Leno?
Leno has been outstanding, rumours are, he’s bayern bound!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonertux wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:59 pm
Big thanks to Pat Nevin for tipping up Cantwell to score against our shambolic defence. 7/2. That’s the only joy I get these days is winning a few quid thanks to our shithouse team.
Cantwell and his family are all Gooners too :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash

Post by Clash »

A fair number of Arsenal fans still don’t rate Leno but what more do they want from a keeper than one who regularly makes crucial saves? Our best player today by a mile.

Not a great start from Freddie. Lucky to get a point against a team very likely to go down and the subs he made seemed more geared to protecting the point rather than getting all 3.

And regarding Torreira, whenever I see him I fail to see why he either starts on the bench or is the first one subbed when he starts. He might not be good enough to get in the top sides but he is too good to be left out of our side as often as he is.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm

At the end of the season we might be looking back on this as the point that kept us up :roll:

Sara, Willock are too lightweight at the moment
Chambers is so poor at full back, it merely compunds the defensive frailties.
Any team that just runs directly at us will get to the penalty area and have a shot as everybody backs off, backs off even when we have 4 v 1 !

chirpy999

Post by chirpy999 »

Leno was the star player, made some great saves.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Seriously can't be bothered with Arsenal anymore, wish I was just saying that but unfortunately it is true..

KSE have destroyed this club.

:censored:

Sutch2

Post by Sutch2 »

Surprised that we started better than lately but of course we had to fuck it up by gifting their two goals with a defensive fuck up both times; I read that Pukki hadn’t scored in eight games before this? Of course it has to come against us, just like Firmino, Rice and every other fucker going through a drought or never scored a senior goal before. Chambers as well switched off more than once and he was lucky to get away with it. Fuck knows why Martinelli didn’t come on much earlier.

One thing I will say though is our fans were largely shite. I know we’re all deflated but over half our crowd couldn’t be bothered to join in with the songs even when we scored. Haven’t seen our away support so bad in a while.