Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Unai Emery

Post by augie »

Would anyone be shocked to see dick rock up and be announced as watfords new manager ? They have a track record of going with Spanish managers so I certainly wouldn't be shocked

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:00 pm
Ha, i just realized that wrighty is probably the only Arsenal fan that doesnt know that Dick got the sack. :lol:
The positive for Wrighty is that he didn't get to watch the game against the norwich inbreds this afternoon.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:25 pm
Would anyone be shocked to see dick rock up and be announced as watfords new manager ? They have a track record of going with Spanish managers so I certainly wouldn't be shocked
Watford are more ambitious than that Augie :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:39 pm
augie wrote:

Rather have emery than Freddie - at least emery had the balls to drop mustafi, ozil, kolasniac and xhaka :evil:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
I would be surprised but makes sense. I'd expect him to go a club still competing in the Europa League in either France or Spain

Herd

Post by Herd »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:52 pm
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:

Rather have emery than Freddie - at least emery had the balls to drop mustafi, ozil, kolasniac and xhaka :evil:
Fuck me the mans been given a massive pile of dog shit to polish and already he comes under fire.

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 am
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:

Fuck me the mans been given a massive pile of dog shit to polish and already he comes under fire.

You tell me herd, would you have picked that starting team yesterday ? What you have picked xhaka after the incident a few weeks ago, and do you think that he is good enough regardless ? Would you have picked mustafi ? A centre back so shit that he makes gus ceaser look like maldini :roll:
I could go into the other 2 players too, but my overall point is why would you pick players that have already shown that they cannot be trusted and who have let us down time and time again ? Freddie might have been left with a pile of dog shit to work with (I dont agree with that statement btw), but surely his job is to pick the least shit players out of that pile ?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Our entire defense is shit ,just how to choose which shit players to pick is hard and we don't know if his choices were made because of injury . He was installed in his job on Friday ffs ,Romford let alone Rome wasn't built in a day.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:

True Dat.

I think some (perhaps wrongly) were expecting significant changes in the line-up after Emery.

But as Freddie has already stated he can only go on what he sees in training; hence that's why Pepe didn't start or come on as a substitute.

Also:

I think it may (at last! :roll: ) have gotten through to some fans just how shyte some of our players and a certain percentage of our squad actually is. Different players play better or worse under different managers and in different formations etc.

As much as we All Love Freddie from when he was a player, there are no guarantees how he will do as a manager/coach of the 1st team. It is said that he has /did work miracles with a load of the younger players, which I don't doubt, BUT the 1st Team is a whole different kettle of fish/shyte (depending on your view).

As to whether the board "ARE" actively actually looking for a replacement for Emery or if they are hedging their bets to see how Freddie does and so save a pile of dosh I don't know, I wouldn't put it past the Kroenke's to do that.

From first outing, we didn't lose and we did seem to play with a better tempo, whether that is Arsenal's version of the 'manager Bounce' who knows?

The defence was still awful and as keown (the wenger luvver) pointed out on MOTD - The defence CAN be coached to play better, maybe Freddie will get Keown or someone similar in to do just that?

IMO Freddie is definitely only a very temporary measure, I just hope he can stabilise the ship AFC till the proper manager comes in to turn things around AND take us forward.

I just hope that should Freddie not do well, that it doesn't tarnish his rep and his connection with the fans as a 'lLgend'.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:16 pm
Herd wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:

True Dat.

I think some (perhaps wrongly) were expecting significant changes in the line-up after Emery.

But as Freddie has already stated he can only go on what he sees in training; hence that's why Pepe didn't start or come on as a substitute.

Also:

I think it may (at last! :roll: ) have gotten through to some fans just how shyte some of our players and a certain percentage of our squad actually is. Different players play better or worse under different managers and in different formations etc.

I just hope that should Freddie not do well, that it doesn't tarnish his rep and his connection with the fans as a 'lLgend'.

I had noticed this issue and you are quite right

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:20 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:

True Dat.

Also:

I had noticed this issue and you are quite right
Me too.

I think we have a very limited squad of players. Not necessarily in terms of ability but definitely lacking other important characteristics. Leadership, drive, courage, desire. i.e. we have the skilful but totally ineffective Ceballos when we need more of a Mark Noble type of player.

And before I get my head bitten off, I'm not suggesting Noble himself is good enough for Arsenal, just that we don't have that sort of player at the club anymore. Until we do we will not have the right balance.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:

True Dat.

Also:

As much as we All Love Freddie from when he was a player, there are no guarantees how he will do as a manager/coach of the 1st team. It is said that he has /did work miracles with a load of the younger players, which I don't doubt, BUT the 1st Team is a whole different kettle of fish/shyte (depending on your view).

As to whether the board "ARE" actively actually looking for a replacement for Emery or if they are hedging their bets to see how Freddie does and so save a pile of dosh I don't know, I wouldn't put it past the Kroenke's to do that.

From first outing, we didn't lose and we did seem to play with a better tempo, whether that is Arsenal's version of the 'manager Bounce' who knows?

The defence was still awful and as keown (the wenger luvver) pointed out on MOTD - The defence CAN be coached to play better, maybe Freddie will get Keown or someone similar in to do just that?

IMO Freddie is definitely only a very temporary measure, I just hope he can stabilise the ship AFC till the proper manager comes in to turn things around AND take us forward.

Not true - Freddie has had FIVE MONTHS of watching them train and play games, so no fcuking way can he come in and claim that he can only pick a team based on what he seen in training Friday and Saturday. Only a total fcuking numpty would think that mustafi was all of a sudden going to be a good centre back, after spending the last 3 seasons looking like a carthorse under wenger and emery :roll: Only a total fcuking moron would believe that xhaka is going to turn into an intelligent CDM who works hard for the team in every minute of the game, and who is smart enough to no longer give away stupid free kicks :oops: I struggle to find a description for a guy who thinks that ozil was gonna turn into this workaholic guy who really steps up to the plate in tough away games like yesterday :roll:

Have to say though, that I would be surprised if freddie gave a job on the backroom staff for keown seeing as keown is pushing for someone else to get the job

Herd

Post by Herd »

Freddie gets a pass until end season unless we slip into the bottom 3 or come up with an acceptable long term manager.
How he shuffles the pack of losers malcontents and hapless fools is his concern and I wish him well as the dressing room is probably at it's worse since I've been around.
The situation we are now in has been caused by a cluster fcuk of cants.
Raul fir not weeding out ozil xhaka and other shits from the garden and buying shit players.
Ozil for causing widespread disharmony.
Emery for not having a clue.
The rest of the players for not working hard enough and for bieng dumb fucks.
Dumping on Freddie after the poor *word censored* only bieng told of his appointment mid Friday is incredulous and unworthy of even our toxic fanbase .

Clash

Post by Clash »

Emery needed to go but Freddie is not some innocent victim here. He's not come out of retirement to try and help the club and is doing it all for free because he loves us so much. He was a very well paid first team coach all season and probably spent as much time if not more on the training ground and in the dressing room with the players as Emery did. He must have had some input and influence otherwise there would be no point having a no.2

I'm not holding Freddie responsible for Emery's decisions of course, or expecting him to suddenly turn things around, but lets not go too far the other way and give him a free pass that lets him get away with things like he did on Sunday!

Some of our ''fans'' 'and a lot of the online bloggers are an embarrassment at times but its unfair to label our fanbase toxic. We've been lied to, ripped off, taken for granted and treated with contempt for most of the last decade at least. Our fanbase is frustrated and understandably so.

The club just seems to be stuck in some cycle of mediocrity where they continue to use people that are in some way responsible for the demise in the first place. Take Metersakcer for example. A panic buy who was at the club for years both as a player then as part of the backroom staff and who has now been promoted to first team duty. It's a continuous recipe for failure and I cannot see an end to it.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:13 am
Emery needed to go but Freddie is not some innocent victim here. He's not come out of retirement to try and help the club and is doing it all for free because he loves us so much. He was a very well paid first team coach all season and probably spent as much time if not more on the training ground and in the dressing room with the players as Emery did. He must have had some input and influence otherwise there would be no point having a no.2

I'm not holding Freddie responsible for Emery's decisions of course, or expecting him to suddenly turn things around, but lets not go too far the other way and give him a free pass that lets him get away with things like he did on Sunday!

Some of our ''fans'' 'and a lot of the online bloggers are an embarrassment at times but its unfair to label our fanbase toxic. We've been lied to, ripped off, taken for granted and treated with contempt for most of the last decade at least. Our fanbase is frustrated and understandably so.

The club just seems to be stuck in some cycle of mediocrity where they continue to use people that are in some way responsible for the demise in the first place. Take Metersakcer for example. A panic buy who was at the club for years both as a player then as part of the backroom staff and who has now been promoted to first team duty. It's a continuous recipe for failure and I cannot see an end to it.

Yup I'm fed up to the back teeth of the toxic fanbase label.....there are two issues surrounding the fanbase the first is that plenty of long term fans justifiably feel exactly as you describe - lied to and ripped off. The second issue is the dick head social media brigade who are a constant fu.cking embarrassment to the rest of us but of course take all the attention and label the rest of us as toxic.

I agree that Freddie has been around the first team for long enough to know who is shit and who is not quite so shit but he is taking over as the head coach of the Arsenal and that must fu.ck with your head. There must be things he wants to do to the team but maybe is held back for fear of looking a complete tit. It's not so much the fans at our place who are toxic, it's some of the bloody first team! If Freddie plays this with a straight bat and tries to get a tune out of some of the older established players then he's on a hiding to nothing as they will continue to disappoint. Hopefully Norwich has shown him that and we will see some changes to how he lines them up tomorrow night.

I would much rather see him try and work more of the youngsters into the side but they need time to settle in which Freddie just doesn't have either with the traditional media or the social media wan.kers. There are even folk on here who slag the kids as useless when they are coming into a side that is all over the place rather then helping them to settle in.

As for the appointment of the BFuselessG ah ffs do we never learn.