Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

SydneyGooner

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by SydneyGooner »

@RobDorsettSky
Rodgers has reiterated commitment to #lcfc re the #afc speculation: I asked him: can you say categorically say you don’t want afc and want to stay at Leic? “I’m very happy so I have no need to look elsewhere. Why would I want to leave Leic right now? It wouldn’t be logical.”
That's Rodgers out of the running for now.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:03 pm
@RobDorsettSky
Rodgers has reiterated commitment to #lcfc re the #afc speculation: I asked him: can you say categorically say you don’t want afc and want to stay at Leic? “I’m very happy so I have no need to look elsewhere. Why would I want to leave Leic right now? It wouldn’t be logical.”
He didn't say no though :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mirror claim #Arsenal want to move quickly on a new manager & have put together an exhaustive list of names & with the club ready to analyse & assess as many as 12 contenders. https://t.co/TcVgWA0Be5

They include the likes of Brendan Rodgers, Mauricio Pochettino & Mikel Arteta but even though they are on the list, the likes of Nuno Santo & Max Allegri are not seen as leading candidates. #Arsenal https://t.co/8cRuUaD7SZ

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:19 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
@RobDorsettSky

Absolutely agree - seriously Sydney, did you even read his answers ? They are the most obvious sidestep answers that you will see ever - not once did he say a definitive "I am going nowhere" response

Clash

Post by Clash »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:55 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:12 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:29 am
If Rodgers leaves Leicester for a bigger job in the next year or two then it proves he is nothing but a treacherous cunnt.

What happens if when he's our manager the likes of Bayern or R Madrid start showing interest? He'd walk out on us on too!

No fucking way should we be showing any interest in this man!
In fairness Clash the only way that BM or RM would be showing interest is if Brenda was being successful which at our place with our current crop is going to take one of those miracle things. He'd be tied into his contract which you whack a fucking great big release clause into and that is about all you can do with manager retention these days.

I'd be quite happy to have the problem whereby another club actually wanted our manager from us as I think it's fair to say we are a long way off from that particular problem a the moment :lol:

I've never really taken to the guy but he's had a positive effect at other clubs so there is a part of me that is a little bit interested to see if he could do anything with our lot. #Brendancurious :oops: :shock: :lol:
Yeah I see what you're saying Jock!

An Arsenal manger being poached is not something that's ever ever happened before as far as I know. They're either sacked or they croak :shock: Perhaps it would make a nice change for our manager to genuinely be in demand elsewhere rather than just pretending he was :lol:
Wasn't the Real Madrid interest for Wenger genuine back when he was actually an elite league winning manager?
I might be wrong here but my recollection was we only started to hear about it around 2008 - 2009 - after Wenger stopped being a winning manager. The earlier years centred around who Vieira was leaving us for.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:29 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
@RobDorsettSky

Absolutely agree - seriously Sydney, did you even read his answers ? They are the most obvious sidestep answers that you will see ever - not once did he say a definitive "I am going nowhere" response
Indeed he didn't but I'd be very surprised if he left Leicester now. Can see it happening in the summer though.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:46 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:38 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:30 pm
Now that Emery IS actually Gone, can the Poll be refreshed/re-jigged so people have a chance to vote on what manager they now think is realistically possible?

Thanks

OBG
If Freddie picks anymore teams like he did yesterday maybe Emery can be added to the re-jigged Poll so we can vote to bring him back :barscarf:
Would have to start a new poll, the 1 I originally set up had an expiry date which has passed.
No More polls! :banghead: :box:

:wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Think Pochettino is a free agent? Think again. Clubs, at home or abroad, will have to pay Tottenham compensation to get him. And they will have to negotiate with Daniel Levy #thfc #afc #mufc https://t.co/MNH6aFUrMk

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:54 pm
Think Pochettino is a free agent? Think again. Clubs, at home or abroad, will have to pay Tottenham compensation to get him. And they will have to negotiate with Daniel Levy #thfc #afc #mufc https://t.co/MNH6aFUrMk
Good - don't want that fu.cker anywhere near our club.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:54 pm
What a load of nonsense, surely. So Pochettino’s ability to get a managerial job elsewhere is entirely contingent on Daniel Levy negotiating whatever fee he wants for his ex-employee?

Enormous unenforceable restraint of trade, and contrary to the way that all manager’s contracts operate and what Pochettino would sign up to.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have a four-man committee overseeing the managerial recruitment and have drawn up a shortlist of up to 12 names which will be reduced to a few candidates in the next week. The club have started to inteview people and ideally want to make an announcement in a month [Times]

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:09 pm
Arsenal have a four-man committee overseeing the managerial recruitment and have drawn up a shortlist of up to 12 names which will be reduced to a few candidates in the next week. The club have started to inteview people and ideally want to make an announcement in a month [Times]
Basically Freddie will be the fall guy for the shit results to come during the Christmas period.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Big Sam has worked with rubbish before so this job would suit him fine !! :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:29 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
@RobDorsettSky

Saw his presser last night and no matter how many different ways the reporter outright asked him "would you take the Arsenal job if offered it?" he just sidestepped the question. He would jump ship at Leicester for a proper big job like Arsenal in the blink of an eye. :roll:

I hope no one at our club is seriously considering him though. He is not a top manager. Blew a winnable league at the victims. Big deal he has Leicester doing well in the first half of the season in a completely shit league. He's the modern Martin O'Neill - can get a small club to punch above their weight somewhat but ultimately he's not good enough to succeed at a truly big club with all the added pressure that job brings.

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:44 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:46 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:38 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:30 pm
Now that Emery IS actually Gone, can the Poll be refreshed/re-jigged so people have a chance to vote on what manager they now think is realistically possible?

Thanks

OBG
If Freddie picks anymore teams like he did yesterday maybe Emery can be added to the re-jigged Poll so we can vote to bring him back :barscarf:
Would have to start a new poll, the 1 I originally set up had an expiry date which has passed.
No More polls! :banghead: :box:

:wink:
Can we have a poll to find out if we should have anymore polls on here.