KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shu

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by shu »

it is just incredible how we have quickly gone from half decent to piss poor. I really don't want someone like Arteta coming in as i think we need experience . This whole defence thing is a complete shambles and it looks like everyone is to blame. The fact that people on here are calling for Shaun Dyche sums it up , have we fallen that low , anyone for big Sam ffs.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:48 am
There was a post Wenger boost to the season ticket retention figures which continued on as people forgave Emery for the end of the season in the belief that things were slowly changing . There was an acknowledgement that it would take time to turn things round and people were prepared to give it another shot.
Next time round however I reckon the lower price tickets might still hold up because they are the ones that have been involved longest ( ex clock end and North bank lower ) but as the upper tier and celebrity , corporate areas thin out the club is going to take a further financial hit .
Kroenke's reaction when all his debts start to pile up will be interesting but providing that we are not relegated ( something that doesn't happen in American sport I think ) we might see some change . But don't hold your breath.
The problem is TV money is around the £200M mark while match day is £100M. So even if everybody threw in their STs then you would still need everyone to stop going completely to have any effect. If match day fell by half - a massive drop - to £50M then for the duration of the new sponsorship deals wiggy can still just about break even, we can just forget any money for new buys unless we sold first. He can run that way for the next 3 or 4 years before he has to make a decision. Don't forget he has that much money that he might just decide to fu.ck us over if he wants to get really shitty about it. He can get his 'money back' through selling the club even if we bump along in midtable for the next 10 years. As long as the PL has the TV money and world interest then he can't fail financially, our history, location and the PL brand will prop him up.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:41 pm
A11M11 wrote:
There was a post Wenger boost to the season ticket retention figures which continued on as people forgave Emery for the end of the season in the belief that things were slowly changing . There was an acknowledgement that it would take time to turn things round and people were prepared to give it another shot.
Next time round however I reckon the lower price tickets might still hold up because they are the ones that have been involved longest ( ex clock end and North bank lower ) but as the upper tier and celebrity , corporate areas thin out the club is going to take a further financial hit .
Kroenke's reaction when all his debts start to pile up will be interesting but providing that we are not relegated ( something that doesn't happen in American sport I think ) we might see some change . But don't hold your breath.
The problem is TV money is around the £200M mark while match day is £100M. So even if everybody threw in their STs then you would still need everyone to stop going completely to have any effect. If match day fell by half - a massive drop - to £50M then for the duration of the new sponsorship deals wiggy can still just about break even, we can just forget any money for new buys unless we sold first. He can run that way for the next 3 or 4 years before he has to make a decision. Don't forget he has that much money that he might just decide to fu.ck us over if he wants to get really shitty about it. He can get his 'money back' through selling the club even if we bump along in midtable for the next 10 years. As long as the PL has the TV money and world interest then he can't fail financially, our history, location and the PL brand will prop him up.
And that Jock, sums up exactly where our problem lies.

Kroenke can afford for us to be mediocre and to stagnate as long as we remain in the PL. As far as that parasite is concerned, we do not need to compete. We just need to be on TV playing the likes of Man United, City, Liverpool and all the other PL games shown around the world. We dont even need to be in the EL either.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

To the best of my knowledge there are 3 at least Gooners who are ex-SAS, can't we have a whip round and hire them to 'ave a word' with Kroenke, so that it is in his best interests to sell to someone willing to Invest/care/ take an active interest in AFC? :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:58 pm
To the best of my knowledge there are 3 at least Gooners who are ex-SAS, can't we have a whip round and hire them to 'ave a word' with Kroenke, so that it is in his best interests to sell to someone willing to Invest/care/ take an active interest in AFC? :wink:
:lol:

One of them was the half time guest recently so I'm afraid they may have sold out to the corporates already. Not that I'm saying they have sold out for the record just in case they can trace this post :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

One of them was the half time guest recently so I'm afraid they may have sold out to the corporates already. Not that I'm saying they have sold out for the record just in case they can trace this post :oops:
Uh Ohh! Toooo late! :D :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:06 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:21 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:11 pm

If we continue to slide then the crowds will fall away and there is every possibility that we could end up with the old Highbury 20k crowds that most of us have experienced through the late 70s and early / mid 80s. It was still a better atmosphere than the bowl usually produces so I have no problem with that.

I've said before that if it takes mid table mediocrity and an empty bowl to encourage wiggy to fu.ck off then I'm all in. As you say the issue at that point will be price. However drab we were at times at HIghbury I always wanted to go - it was only a few quid to get in, always a good laugh and it was Highbury. You'd get in early to have a chat with the usual punters and there was an atmosphere about the place. I couldn't give two fu.cks about most of the people around me at the bowl and the sooner most of them fu.ck off with their phones, bullshit and pizza the better. But if we reach that point (or should that be when) then I certainly won't be paying £40 to watch whatever shite wiggy is serving up.

Arteta and an attempt at a second rate version of Pep's tippy tappy bollox might well get us to that point a whole lot quicker than any of us envisaged.
I remember being at Highbury for a match in 86 when Don Howe got sacked.
17.000 there that day I seem to remember.
still noisier than the Emirates :D
Not meaning to be pedantic but didnt Howe choose to leave because we'd been talking to Terry Venables behind his back?

If I remember rightly, when he left, we actually had an outside chance of a title challenge. We had a few games in hand on the teams above us I think. And if we'd won those, we would have been up there with Everton, Liverpool and West Ham.

So even though crowds were low and we almost certainly wouldnt have won those games in hand, I am pretty sure Howe resigned.
yes thats true he did resign.
definitely only about 17,000 there that day though.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Theres a massive Kroenke out message daubed on Drayton park and another nr the bear roundabout saying No Aftv

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:24 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:06 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:21 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:11 pm

If we continue to slide then the crowds will fall away and there is every possibility that we could end up with the old Highbury 20k crowds that most of us have experienced through the late 70s and early / mid 80s. It was still a better atmosphere than the bowl usually produces so I have no problem with that.

I've said before that if it takes mid table mediocrity and an empty bowl to encourage wiggy to fu.ck off then I'm all in. As you say the issue at that point will be price. However drab we were at times at HIghbury I always wanted to go - it was only a few quid to get in, always a good laugh and it was Highbury. You'd get in early to have a chat with the usual punters and there was an atmosphere about the place. I couldn't give two fu.cks about most of the people around me at the bowl and the sooner most of them fu.ck off with their phones, bullshit and pizza the better. But if we reach that point (or should that be when) then I certainly won't be paying £40 to watch whatever shite wiggy is serving up.

Arteta and an attempt at a second rate version of Pep's tippy tappy bollox might well get us to that point a whole lot quicker than any of us envisaged.
I remember being at Highbury for a match in 86 when Don Howe got sacked.
17.000 there that day I seem to remember.
still noisier than the Emirates :D
Not meaning to be pedantic but didnt Howe choose to leave because we'd been talking to Terry Venables behind his back?

If I remember rightly, when he left, we actually had an outside chance of a title challenge. We had a few games in hand on the teams above us I think. And if we'd won those, we would have been up there with Everton, Liverpool and West Ham.

So even though crowds were low and we almost certainly wouldnt have won those games in hand, I am pretty sure Howe resigned.
yes thats true he did resign.
definitely only about 17,000 there that day though.
Yes, I was one of them too :D Think it was Coventry we had played that day - which kind of explains the meagre crowd. We heard about Howe resigning on the car radio on the way home from the game.

Even though 17,000 was an exception, low crowds weren't uncommon at all grounds around that time. And there wasnt much to play for during the last few weeks of that season with the European ban for English clubs in place for the first time.

augie

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:53 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Kroenke can afford for us to be mediocre and to stagnate as long as we remain in the PL. As far as that parasite is concerned, we do not need to compete. We just need to be on TV playing the likes of Man United, City, Liverpool and all the other PL games shown around the world. We dont even need to be in the EL either.

Koenke can afford for us to be mediocre for a small period of time, but believe me it wont be for an infinite period of time.
For starters our appeal to tv companies will nose dive and fast if we become irrelevant for any period of time
Secondly, if we become a mid-table team on a regular basis, how many "star players" do you think will be willing to join us ? A team full of kolasniac's and Willocks will not put bums on seats, and it will not entice sponsors to pump millions into the club, which in turn will affect our transfer kitty and ensure more kolasniac level players in the team. How often do you think the tv companies will want us live with a team of that level of quality ?
It's all a domino effect nowadays, and when one aspect comes crashing down, it will usually bring the whole house crashing down

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:11 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Uh Ohh! Toooo late! :D :wink:

Tetchy buggers some of them eh :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:38 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:53 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Koenke can afford for us to be mediocre for a small period of time, but believe me it wont be for an infinite period of time.
For starters our appeal to tv companies will nose dive and fast if we become irrelevant for any period of time
Secondly, if we become a mid-table team on a regular basis, how many "star players" do you think will be willing to join us ? A team full of kolasniac's and Willocks will not put bums on seats, and it will not entice sponsors to pump millions into the club, which in turn will affect our transfer kitty and ensure more kolasniac level players in the team. How often do you think the tv companies will want us live with a team of that level of quality ?
It's all a domino effect nowadays, and when one aspect comes crashing down, it will usually bring the whole house crashing down
I get what you're saying Augie but although I agree with you that the amount of profit Kroenke makes would gradually decrease for all the reasons you describe ... while we remain in the PL it would still be a profit he was making (as far as I understand it anyway) and profit is all he seems to be interested in. Not investment and certainly not glory. Even with something as drastic as relegation there would be a few years of parachute payments to cover him too. Its a sad state of affairs.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:20 pm

I get what you're saying Augie but although I agree with you that the amount of profit Kroenke makes would gradually decrease for all the reasons you describe ... while we remain in the PL it would still be a profit he was making (as far as I understand it anyway) and profit is all he seems to be interested in. Not investment and certainly not glory. Even with something as drastic as relegation there would be a few years of parachute payments to cover him too. Its a sad state of affairs.
Yep and he'll do the obvious thing and enforce austerity measures, so our wage bill will drop as we have more low profile players and that will offset lower sponsorship deals, lost ticket revenue and a smaller share of TV money.

I feel the next 3-5 years is a real test for this fanbase, do we accept it and just allow it to happen or do we act like the fanbase of a big club?, if this was Liverpool or United would they accept this?, would they f**k.

It is getting beyond the point of silly sentiment now - "I've been going for 40yrs why should I stop", this mentality has to stop if change is to happen, the good thing is that the tourists and JCL's wont be propping things up for much longer, I just fear looking at Kroenke's record, that he simply doesn't care enough even if things get toxic against him, it will need to get really toxic to drive this parasite out.

Personally I just won't be bothering with the club anymore, like I've said before if there is a serious protest against him I'll be there but I've boycotted games for over 4 years now and I'm not sure what else I can do, spam the clubs official social media platforms with anti-KSE stuff might be a start I suppose?.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Or "Navy SEAL-Lite" as they are known in the wider military world. 8)

:D :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:36 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Or "Navy SEAL-Lite" as they are known in the wider military world. 8)

:D :wink:
Fuck me DB you're a brave man :rubchin:

Someone want a Moderator job, I know where one might be going soon :wink:

There's quite a funny story about the SAS winding up American Special Forces during a joint exercise just before the ****** Leone Operation, involving coca cola bombs full of piss and those Americans lacking a sense of humour.