Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

augie

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:14 pm
Jennifer Aniston was the first woman to give me the horn.

Stunning. Even now when I hear the name Rachel my pecker twitches. Friends was shite but I watched religiously hoping to see a bit of side boob or even the bulge of her gash in a tight fitting pants.

Happy days.

I think she rarely wore a bra on friends - at least that's the way it seemed to me, but maybe my xray vision was in turbo :rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Spot on Augie her nipples were always erect on friends, saw her on Graham Norton few weeks back she hasn't aged well

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Guardiola upset to lose Arteta - Man City fought to keep him, insisting Arsenal & others would come again. Despite Xabi Alonso whispers among squad (#MCFC do admire), Rodolfo Borrell promoted + no new assistant planned before summer, when major changes could be key to Pep future

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:25 pm
Guardiola upset to lose Arteta - Man City fought to keep him, insisting Arsenal & others would come again. Despite Xabi Alonso whispers among squad (#MCFC do admire), Rodolfo Borrell promoted + no new assistant planned before summer, when major changes could be key to Pep future
Media luvvie Pep has had enough now that he is being challenged by the dippers and possibly Leicester and a few others. He has a history of getting out the moment the free and easy times are ending and just like his other two jobs, he'll carefully construct an 'end of era' narrative to make his exit look less like the ego-maniac, can't deal with competition, coward he is. He has no interest in creating anything sustainable, it's all about his personal myth, his greatest fear is someone doing something at a club that he hasn't done. Barcelona and Bayern Munich had done it all before him and whatever he did was just just window dressing. They were huge before him and achieved everything there was to be achieved years in advance of him taking over. Man City haven't done that. This is is his first real pressure job where he has to win the European Cup or else he'll be deemed a failure. If they don't do it this year, cue the planted stories of disharmony and power struggles behind the scenes. He got out at Barcelona as soon as Inter and Real Madrid toppled him and as soon as he knew he was never getting the adoration of the Bayern public, he walked off. The moment his myth is doubted is the moment he decides to 'go on a personal sabbatical'. He's happy to let Arteta leave to manage us because it gives him the chance to start his exit story. Put a tenner on him managing PSG in 18 months time and talk of him being drawn to the 'challenges' of French football.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:38 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:25 pm
Media luvvie Pep has had enough now that he is being challenged by the dippers and possibly Leicester and a few others. He has a history of getting out the moment the free and easy times are ending and just like his other two jobs, he'll carefully construct an 'end of era' narrative to make his exit look less like the ego-maniac, can't deal with competition, coward he is. He has no interest in creating anything sustainable, it's all about his personal myth, his greatest fear is someone doing something at a club that he hasn't done. Barcelona and Bayern Munich had done it all before him and whatever he did was just just window dressing. They were huge before him and achieved everything there was to be achieved years in advance of him taking over. Man City haven't done that. This is is his first real pressure job where he has to win the European Cup or else he'll be deemed a failure. If they don't do it this year, cue the planted stories of disharmony and power struggles behind the scenes. He got out at Barcelona as soon as Inter and Real Madrid toppled him and as soon as he knew he was never getting the adoration of the Bayern public, he walked off. The moment his myth is doubted is the moment he decides to 'go on a personal sabbatical'. He's happy to let Arteta leave to manage us because it gives him the chance to start his exit story. Put a tenner on him managing PSG in 18 months time and talk of him being drawn to the 'challenges' of French football.
he pretty much ruined a brilliant Bayern team

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Pep will fuck off at the end of the season and he’s going to leave a squad behind that will need a major overhaul. A lot of that team are pushing on and the next guy in will have to bring in a raft of big players if they are to challenge for the big prizes again.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:11 pm
Pep will fuck off at the end of the season and he’s going to leave a squad behind that will need a major overhaul. A lot of that team are pushing on and the next guy in will have to bring in a raft of big players if they are to challenge for the big prizes again.
I’ll bet city won’t be sniffing around some random clubs untested assistant manager when they have to replace Pep

NickF

Post by NickF »

Would you have had him as our manager if he had been available??

Purely out of interest who would you deem worthy of being our manager...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What fucking insanity is this around the Aniston you fucking heathens? :shock: :censored: Has she drastically disimproved since the "Bad Bosses" (or whatever they were called) movies? Because she still looked full fuckable in those.

I too used to get the snacks in and "enjoy" Friends with my bird. Double win really. There's me nominally "doing things as a couple" with herself but also drooling over Rachel and those damn perky tits and perfect edible ass. 8)

One more bad word about the Aniston from one of you cùnts and I'm deleting the entire forum.

And I can. :box:

Cùnts. :censored:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Rachel waitressing in Central Perk wearing a tight cashmere sweater, nipples erect, black mini skirt with tights and heels and 12 year old Rodders watching at home with an uncontrollable urge to put his hand on his pecker.

Now those were days.

I genuinely was in love with her back then, I get a flutter in my heart (as well as my undies) every time I’d see her. She was the cause of me emptying my bag more times than any long term partner she ever had so I do consider myself somewhat of an expert on the subject.

Unlike DB10 I’m no purveyor of the chick flick so I hadn’t seen her in a long time until she rocked up on the Graham Norton show a few weeks back and like others on here I was taken aback.

The victim of one too many plastic surgeries to the face unfortunately, I even had to do a double take to make sure it was her. Fucking hell.

Now, look, she must be pushing 50 presumably so she’s not going to be the same tight arsed, perky titted sex goddess I splashed out on all those years ago but fuck me whatever plastic surgeon was responsible for that should be fucking taken out and shot.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

***Disclaimer*** having said all that I would 100% still bang her 8)

NickF

Post by NickF »

Have to agree with DB10s summing up on Jennifer Aniston.

Anyway back on topic, good article below about the job Arteta has got.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/ ... nes-around

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

NickF wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:36 am

Would you have had him as our manager if he had been available??

Purely out of interest who would you deem worthy of being our manager...
I would have had him in the summer of 2014. We were at a perfect point for a manager like him then. Right now, we are not the right place for him. We need a root and branch review and a rebuild and he doesn't seem to do those type of jobs. He's an instant success, walk-in to a structure and programme already in place type of manager and yes, he's very successful at it but for him to be effective, I think he has to add value to an already high-performing or extremely wealthy club. Back in the June/July 2014, we had a talented group of players and were in the Champions League, making decent money and the trophy drought had ended. We just needed refreshing and pointing in a new direction. As much as I don't like saying it, I think old tramp at the bindippers would be a good fit for us now. I feel terrible thinking this but he seems to be a good rebuilding and almost re-profiling type of manager who has taken on two big name clubs in two tough leagues, who were drifting and revitalised them.
Right now, we need a rebuild job and a total re-profiling. The value of any quick success we might get with a short-term appointment will only be a morphine -style pain-killer disguising the systematic failures and culture of apathy which is running like a virus through this club.
In terms of who gets the job now, I'm honestly open-minded about Arteta. I can only go on what I've read in the papers but he seems to know his stuff and is a positive influence of players who need coaching and support. That's what we need right now. I don't see him taking the job unless he is aware of the need to rebuild us and that must surely form his plans and ideas for the next however long. The squad we have and the atmosphere inside the club right now needs someone with energy and the dedication to work and work and work on improving players. Top of my list would have been Allegri or Joachim Löw but realistically, a clear, calm manager with fluent English, experience of the English game and culture counts for a lot in terms of where we are right now. We need someone who knows exactly what happens in the English game from the first day on the job, not a six month settling in period.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:14 pm
Jennifer Aniston was the first woman to give me the horn.

Stunning. Even now when I hear the name Rachel my pecker twitches. Friends was shite but I watched religiously hoping to see a bit of side boob or even the bulge of her gash in a tight fitting pants.

I also loved the fonz from Happy Day’s.
:shock:

augie

Post by augie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: