OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: OZIL - Merged Thread

Post by nut flush gooner »

Mesut Ozil is something else, I cannot in my life remember a senior US diplomat backing an Arsenal player for making a political statement. Not only that but a member of the Trump Administration.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/12/ ... 50220.html

The world has gone mad.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

No way would the club even think about sacking him for a variety of reasons, but they would have a half-decent case if they did.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Chinese pressure on Mesut Ozil builds. He has been removed from Pro Evolution Soccer games in China after his statement last week.

Publisher NetEase says his comments "hurt the feelings of Chinese fans and violated the sport's spirit of love and peace" https://t.co/ljLNgYTLK2

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:48 am
Chinese pressure on Mesut Ozil builds. He has been removed from Pro Evolution Soccer games in China after his statement last week.

Publisher NetEase says his comments "hurt the feelings of Chinese fans and violated the sport's spirit of love and peace" https://t.co/ljLNgYTLK2
Holy sweet feck...what next - Will all gooners now have to boycott Chinese Take-aways if they Like Ozil!?

I blame wenger. :D

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:28 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:48 am

Holy sweet feck...what next - Will all gooners now have to boycott Chinese Take-aways if they Like Ozil!?

I blame wenger. :D
The usual shit the representatives for the CCP spout when they get criticised for anything.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:26 am
Not a chance he could be sacked over this.

Firstly any employment tribunal judge in any democracy would buy the defence argument of free speech and civil rights - rightly or wrongly.

Secondly no one at Arsenal has enough of a pair of balls to even look at going down that road.

At most he'll be politely reminded of his obligations. And THAT'S only if such a clause is in his contract - but tbh I'd be surprised if it is, given how fucking incompetent our contracts team are! :lol:

Free speech is a myth - you cannot accuse someone of anything without proof, or you can be done for slander/defamation. I can already hear people going mad typing saying that it is an established fact that there are muslims arrested/jailed in china, but has anyone proof that they are imprisioned simply for being muslims ? Cant the Chinese government claim that they are locked up for murder, robbery, terrorism etc, on fabricate evidence to back it up ? Would any of us be surprised ? Fact is that ozil should shut his mouth on politics and current affairs unless he is willing to apply his principles across the board, and he should certainly not say or do anything which is likely to negatively impact on the club in china.

Being honest, I am surprised that china hasn't come back in with some subtle dig about ozil's relationship with a man being sullied with the same accusations

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:26 am
Not a chance he could be sacked over this.

Firstly any employment tribunal judge in any democracy would buy the defence argument of free speech and civil rights - rightly or wrongly.

Secondly no one at Arsenal has enough of a pair of balls to even look at going down that road.

At most he'll be politely reminded of his obligations. And THAT'S only if such a clause is in his contract - but tbh I'd be surprised if it is, given how fucking incompetent our contracts team are! :lol:

Free speech is a myth - you cannot accuse someone of anything without proof, or you can be done for slander/defamation. I can already hear people going mad typing saying that it is an established fact that there are muslims arrested/jailed in china, but has anyone proof that they are imprisioned simply for being muslims ? Cant the Chinese government claim that they are locked up for murder, robbery, terrorism etc, on fabricate evidence to back it up ? Would any of us be surprised ? Fact is that ozil should shut his mouth on politics and current affairs unless he is willing to apply his principles across the board, and he should certainly not say or do anything which is likely to negatively impact on the club in china.

Being honest, I am surprised that china hasn't come back in with some subtle dig about ozil's relationship with a man being sullied with the same accusations
Is he a British govt problem or a German govt problem? Either way Arsenal are going to get fucked over by the repercussions of this.
Hopefully, with support from the trump administration perhaps he will be offered a move to the MSL, preferably in January.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Wenger has waded into this saying that Ozil is entitled to his opinion but his views and values are not necessarily the same as AFC.

Wtf has any of this to do with him?? Maybe he's keeping his options open for a multi million dollar Chinese coaching gig in the future and doesn't want to be tarred with the same brush?? Gotta look out for Number 1.

I wish the club would issue a statement saying that Wenger is no longer employed at AFC and HIS views and values are not representative of the club. That would shut him up.

Clash

Post by Clash »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:28 am
Wenger has waded into this saying that Ozil is entitled to his opinion but his views and values are not necessarily the same as AFC.

Wtf has any of this to do with him?? Maybe he's keeping his options open for a multi million dollar Chinese coaching gig in the future and doesn't want to be tarred with the same brush?? Gotta look out for Number 1.

I wish the club would issue a statement saying that Wenger is no longer employed at AFC and HIS views and values are not representative of the club. That would shut him up.
Nothing will shut that insufferable windbag up. Even when he's dead there'll be no respite. He will have prepared for his demise by making holograms of himself like Jor_El did for Superman so that his words of wisdom can serve both football and mankind till kingdom come:

Wenger prattling on for eternity :roll: :suicide:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm surprised the Wenger bust at the Emirates doesn't spout pearls of wisdom as you walk near it :rubchin:

I wonder if FIFA have installed one of him yet :wink:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/ozils-b ... oxb4hbswpv
Quizzed again on Ozil after the outing against Everton, Ljungberg said: “For me, I got asked after the game about Mesut. He walked off the pitch [in the Man City game] and then kicked his gloves. The fans were not happy.

“I got asked about it and said, 'At Arsenal, that's not how we behave and not what we do'. I stand by that.

“Mesut was injured but I would not have picked him for the squad because I want to make a stance that it's not what I accept from an Arsenal football player.

“That's my decision. I won't make the decisions again but that's what I think.”
They say AFTV is toxic when the Turkish Bogarde is still around stealing a fortune. :banghead:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Saw the highlights for the City vs Leicester game and I wonder how much KdB is on a week? Even during Ozil's best days at Madrid was he ever as good as KdB?

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

Ozil HAS to be finished now and never play again for us. Bang average displays on the pitch, grossly overpaid, tantrums, bad attitude, always pulling lying sickies with the latest about some fake or exaggerated foot injury (probably from kicking his thrown gloves after being subbed), and now he's turning the massive Chinese market from us with his social comments. Hes an overrated, spoilt, sulky prima donna and toxic. New position 'left right out' for the remainder of his contract, regardless of his exorbitant wages. He must be frozen out and all the idiot Ozil fetishists singing for him need to shut the heck up.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:39 am
Saw the highlights for the City vs Leicester game and I wonder how much KdB is on a week? Even during Ozil's best days at Madrid was he ever as good as KdB?
Mate you really are coming across as a modern soccer fan boy. :oops: Ozil at Madrid set European assist records ffs. Also you are comparing 2 very different types of player. Why not compare Aubameyang with Bergkamp while you are at it?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wengerballs wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:56 am
Ozil HAS to be finished now and never play again for us. Bang average displays on the pitch, grossly overpaid, tantrums, bad attitude, always pulling lying sickies with the latest about some fake or exaggerated foot injury (probably from kicking his thrown gloves after being subbed), and now he's turning the massive Chinese market from us with his social comments. Hes an overrated, spoilt, sulky prima donna and toxic. New position 'left right out' for the remainder of his contract, regardless of his exorbitant wages. He must be frozen out and all the idiot Ozil fetishists singing for him need to shut the heck up.
Agree with half your post but the other half is nonsense mate. He's got to go certainly and is deffo not the player he was. But to drop a player and still pay him 350k a week is insane. Better that Arteta gets in his head motivates him to show he can still do a bit and then gets a couple Turkish clubs interested. Sell him at a loss if need be. The most important thing is to free up that 350k.