The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

A11M11

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by A11M11 »

There would be a hell of a list were we to start suing politicians for their duplicity . I will start with Heath get to Blair and let everyone else fill in the blanks

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:29 pm
Has anyone thought about suing David Cameron for crimes against um well everything?

:D :wink:
Nah, it's all right the grown ups have sorted it all out :barscarf:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:20 pm
There would be a hell of a list were we to start suing politicians for their duplicity . I will start with Heath get to Blair and let everyone else fill in the blanks
Or, from (alleged) kiddy fiddling murderer to war crimes liar perhaps? (no alleged for Bliar)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:29 pm
Has anyone thought about suing David Cameron for crimes against um well everything?

:D :wink:
Nah, it's all right the grown ups have sorted it all out :barscarf:
I must have missed that bit.
What’s happened ?

Herd

Post by Herd »

The Labour party is anti Israel not anti Semitic ,most of the accusations center around that fact .
The Zionist Jews within the labour have stirred it up for him ever since he got labour leadership ambitions .
Jeremy might be a Comie but he isn't a racist and neither are the labour party as a whole .
Bobo is a Bigot pure and simple !
But this is a Brexit page , Bobo's so called Brexit deal is pure BRINO and unworkable ,more to the point its not even a deal.
Its another pre negotiation treaty which we have to agree to before they will even sit down with us and it carves NI into a different political state which our unionist friends wont accept .
Never mind the DUP Im seriously worried groups like the mid ulster uvf or the shankhill uff might rear their ugly heads and that combined with the resurgence of the Derry Republicans might set the place ablaze again !
The trade deal will be very one sided and in the end we will be worse of with this deal than staying or having a real Brexit !
A real Brexit would have the best for us and its what the UK voted for not once but twice now ,but it isn't what we get ,when the public realise they have been conned again they might well revolt !

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:17 pm
The Labour party is anti Israel not anti Semitic ,most of the accusations center around that fact .
The Zionist Jews within the labour have stirred it up for him ever since he got labour leadership ambitions .
Jeremy might be a Comie but he isn't a racist and neither are the labour party as a whole .
But this is a Brexit page , Bobo's so called Brexit deal is pure BRINO and unworkable ,more to the point its not even a deal.
Its another pre negotiation treaty which we have to agree to before they will even sit down with us and it carves NI into a different political state which our unionist friends wont accept .
Never mind the DUP Im seriously worried groups like the mid ulster uvf or the shankhill uff might rear their ugly heads and that combined with the resurgence of the Derry Republicans might set the place ablaze again !
The trade deal will be very one sided and in the end we will be worse of with this deal than staying or having a real Brexit !
A real Brexit would have the best for us and its what the UK voted for not once but twice now ,but it isn't what we get ,when the public realise they have been conned again they might well revolt !
Are we leaving the customs union - Check
Are we leaving the single market - Check
Are we regaining control of our borders - Semi Check
Can we negotiate Free Trade deals with other Countries - Check

I would like to know what you consider to be a "real brexit". Boris is trying very hard to make sure we leave the EU with his new mandate. Deadline of 31 December 2020 to be passed through Parliament or hard brexit is just for starters.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:17 pm
never mind - you voted for it so you can't really complain can you ?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Are we leaving the customs union - Check/Wrong look again
Are we leaving the single market - Check/ wrong look again
Are we regaining control of our borders - Semi Check /wrong look again
Can we negotiate Free Trade deals with other Countries - Check/wrong we have to keep to eu rules and standards

I would like to know what you consider to be a "real brexit". Boris is trying very hard to make sure we leave the EU with his new mandate. Deadline of 31 December 2020 to be passed through Parliament or hard brexit is just for starters.
[/quote]
His deal isn't a deal its a treaty in which we have to agree to a whole list of shot before we even start any talks ,this isn't the way to begin any discussion, after all these years surely you must have grasped this mate !
We are tied to the customs union unless we can negotiate out of it ,this cannot happen as if their is a dispute under this treaty ,the EU decides what goes !
Similarly the single market ,we cant leave until they tell us ,and they wont and any trade deals we try and do are subject to the Eu law !
The whole thing is a con from start to finish ,just wait till we start trying to deal !
The deal splits Ulster fine the DUP has no mandate ,tell that to the Loyalist paramilitaries' who are capable of extreme carnage !
A real Brexit is what we voted for, to exit the single market ,exit the customs unions and end to eu law in the UK that's what it meant from day one .
We can still adopt and keep eu laws and standards we want but shouldn't have them forced down our throat !
Its not going to happen and bobo will lurch from one disaster to the next !
I only hope that bobo and his clan are arranging a nasty surprise to the eu ,the problem is as ive said many many times before is that we are nto prepared in any way shape or form to leave without a deal and brussels knows it ,the Brexit mess is set to roll on and on !

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:44 pm
Are we leaving the customs union - Check/Wrong look again
Are we leaving the single market - Check/ wrong look again
Are we regaining control of our borders - Semi Check /wrong look again
Can we negotiate Free Trade deals with other Countries - Check/wrong we have to keep to eu rules and standards

His deal isn't a deal its a treaty in which we have to agree to a whole list of shot before we even start any talks ,this isn't the way to begin any discussion, after all these years surely you must have grasped this mate !
We are tied to the customs union unless we can negotiate out of it ,this cannot happen as if their is a dispute under this treaty ,the EU decides what goes !
Similarly the single market ,we cant leave until they tell us ,and they wont and any trade deals we try and do are subject to the Eu law !
The whole thing is a con from start to finish ,just wait till we start trying to deal !
The deal splits Ulster fine the DUP has no mandate ,tell that to the Loyalist paramilitaries' who are capable of extreme carnage !
A real Brexit is what we voted for, to exit the single market ,exit the customs unions and end to eu law in the UK that's what it meant from day one .
We can still adopt and keep eu laws and standards we want but shouldn't have them forced down our throat !
Its not going to happen and bobo will lurch from one disaster to the next !
I only hope that bobo and his clan are arranging a nasty surprise to the eu ,the problem is as ive said many many times before is that we are nto prepared in any way shape or form to leave without a deal and brussels knows it ,the Brexit mess is set to roll on and on !
[/quote]

https://fullfact.org/europe/boris-johns ... -answered/

Herd, read this the full detail of what Boris proposes. I'm not going to bother replying to your incorrect interpretation of what's going on.

The reality is Boris is going to put the wheels in motion this week to ratify the deal. Then the transitional period which originally was thought would be extended to encompass the facilitation of a trade deal. With the Goverment Majority they are now putting in place the framework for No Deal if no trade agreement is ratified by 31 December 2020. It's quite simple really and to give Boris credit gives us much more bargaining power than we had before with what was effectively a hung parliament before the election. Keep it simple old boy.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Jesus Flush you just accept anything that's printed as fact without a second thought to who wrote it ,who paid for it,what is the agenda of those that wrote it and who are they trying to kid . I'm stunned again by your naivety. Mange Too Rodney.

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:13 pm
Jesus Flush you just accept anything that's printed as fact without a second thought to who wrote it ,who paid for it,what is the agenda of those that wrote it and who are they trying to kid . I'm stunned again by your naivety. Mange Too Rodney.
This is a great website, I am sure you didn’t even bother reading what are cold hard facts herd. Why waste time correcting inaccuracies when someone else can do it for you is my line.

The prospect of no deal is still firmly on the agenda. It may happen it may not, the value of the pound which is back at levels before the election was announced is a reflection of this. Things are totally different to this time last week. Note that the ERG have pipped down in recent weeks, they know.

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:54 am
Herd wrote:
This is a great website, I am sure you didn’t even bother reading what are cold hard facts herd. Why waste time correcting inaccuracies when someone else can do it for you is my line.

The prospect of no deal is still firmly on the agenda. It may happen it may not, the value of the pound which is back at levels before the election was announced is a reflection of this. Things are totally different to this time last week. Note that the ERG have pipped down in recent weeks, they know.
Cold hard facts eh ,full factorg is on the face of it a independent charity with worthy aims however it was set up by tory grandees and promotes tory propaganda ,these sort of organisations were originally American and proport to be independent but are in fact nothing more than spin doctors masquerading as informed sources to fool the gullible like yourself .
Throughout the Brexit years you have spewed out rubbish from one tainted source after another ,you are just the sort of person these sites exist to fool however you cant see it,I really can't help you because you just fail to understand !

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:37 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:54 am
Herd wrote:

Cold hard facts eh ,full factorg is on the face of it a independent charity with worthy aims however it was set up by tory grandees and promotes tory propaganda ,these sort of organisations were originally American and proport to be independent but are in fact nothing more than spin doctors masquerading as informed sources to fool the gullible like yourself .
Throughout the Brexit years you have spewed out rubbish from one tainted source after another ,you are just the sort of person these sites exist to fool however you cant see it,I really can't help you because you just fail to understand !
Herd give up mate, you can go on about your own interpretation of Brexit as much as you like it's so far off the mark it's unreal.

This isn't a political source, and I rarely quote stuff from the media in general without reading it myself and understanding what it means.

You would do well to do the same rather than use back of a fag packet theories.

shu

Post by shu »

I find myself agreeing with Nutflush , blimey :shock:

Herd

Post by Herd »

As usual when routed you change the subject ,my original response was to your BS on what the Original Boris pre negotiation treaty ,you counter with a BS website that pretends to be factual and independent when it clearly isn't ,stating what Boris wants to do which was dated prior to the calling of the election ,it was pure propaganda and not fact at all !
What you are saying now (I think) is that if the negotiations don't got according to plan we rip up the treaty we agreed to enter the talks and crash out however some of that treaty will have already happened so might be difficult and messy to unravel but yes it could happen but that isn't what we were talking about .
I don't honestly profess to know what Boris and his cohorts intend to do now ,I'm not sure if he does either but obviously you do,id love to look at that crystal ball of yours !
Your track record isn't good on this topic but you bang on regardless of the fact that you have been wrong at every single turn.
All I said at the beginning is that we wouldn't leave the Eu or we would do a deal that was so watered down it would be like we were still in,I said this b4 the referendum and you ridiculed that but that's what may tried to do,and nothing much has changed on that.
I warned you that May was stalling ,you ridiculed that ,I told you we wouldn't leave on march 31st ,you scoffed at that ,guess what I was right buddy .
You've been wrong so many times its unreal ,your not alone their are millions of mugs out there that swallow the lies wholesale from the many and varied vested interests and their media outlets .
I await you next cut and paste bollocks with vague interest ,im still recovering from yesterdays debacle!