Bournemouth A 26th Dec

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Bournemouth A 26th Dec

Post by falkirk goon »

A few weeks ago late el reenghole someone put up the fixtures til the end of Dec and some predictions were made..i think they were nearly bang on..cant find the thread it was on and it's getting on my tits :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Will the Arteta bounce kick in? Hope so.

Future Ingerland manager "Nice Guy" Eddie has them sitting only 4 points above the drop zone. Of course that is also only 4 points behind us..... :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

With Man U and Newcastle playing each other there's a real chance we could rise up to ninth place with a win......

Meaningless games? Never. Be still my beating heart

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:13 am
With Man U and Newcastle playing each other there's a real chance we could rise up to ninth place with a win......

Ooh. I'm moist. :shock:

It's times like these I'm so happy that the board and Wenger dragged us ungrateful bastards out of that Highbury dump. 8)

wibble

Post by wibble »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Before I get too excited can someone please confirm;
Is 9th place still a trophy?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

wibble wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:44 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Before I get too excited can someone please confirm;
Is 9th place still a trophy?
If Arsene is able to work his magic on UEFA you never know mate, you just never know

The 9th place trophy and two legs against Olympiakos to look forward to.......I've gone all weak at the knees again

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:21 am
Will the Arteta bounce kick in? Hope so.

Future Ingerland manager "Nice Guy" Eddie has them sitting only 4 points above the drop zone. Of course that is also only 4 points behind us..... :oops:
If he does eventually get the Engurrland job, it will no doubt be via us.

augie

Post by augie »

Does anyone know anyone (cough cough clum :wink: ) who might be able to post links for the game tomorrow ? Have to be honest and say that seeing these next few games live matters to me cos I want to see for myself what direction arteta is gonna take us - restore ozil alongside xhaka in our starting team and it will be very much a "nothing has changed" scenario, but if he backs up his ruthless talk with actions and shows no fear of reputations or who is captain, then I will stick with him and hope that this will be a new Arsenal.

For the last few years Bournemouth away has always scared me cos (like goodison) it is a small pitch, and teams have to be prepared to stand up and fight in games like this, and our snowflakes are usually found wanting then. I suspect we will see a line-up close to the everton game (chambers is suspended), I suspect that it will be a similar gameplan with a safety first approach - hopefully we will see auba dropped and laca in, and maybe if we score first it will allow us to play smart intelligent football like the everton game, but also with a bit more confidence going forward

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta reveals he wanted to bring Granit Xhaka to Man City in 2016 but Arsenal won the race... now new Gunners boss wants to help the midfielder return to favour with fans https://t.co/ne3dqEI7EV

Oh dear

Blim

Post by Blim »

Must be honest not expecting much I think if we get a point it will be a result. Let's hope it doesn't end in tears, I will post a link to the game when available if anybody is interested.?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:31 am
Mikel Arteta reveals he wanted to bring Granit Xhaka to Man City in 2016 but Arsenal won the race... now new Gunners boss wants to help the midfielder return to favour with fans https://t.co/ne3dqEI7EV

Oh dear
Oh dear indeed mate.That Swiss fanny should never have played again after telling the fans to fuck off..but he has and it appears that he will again.Team news will be very telling today..success or failure.. el beige one in or out..even at this early stage.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:31 am

Oh dear
Ohhh! Feck. That doesn't sound good. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: score = 2 - 3 Arsenal Win.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:41 am
ps: score = 2 - 3 Arsenal Win.
1-3

Am gonna stay up for this one :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:09 pm
A few weeks ago late el reenghole someone put up the fixtures til the end of Dec and some predictions were made..i think they were nearly bang on..cant find the thread it was on and it's getting on my tits :lol:

It's on page 150 of the Unai Emery thread. I would copy it across but inter thread quoting is beyond me I'm afraid :lol: