Bournemouth A 26th Dec

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Bournemouth A 26th Dec

Post by xisstential »

Xhaka can move back to his original starting position (wherever that is) because Mustafi is coming on :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Very bad tackle on Pepe.....really bad..

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

How is that Not a Red Card the dirty CUNTTFUCK. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Willock U Pillock! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

very poor from willock...poor attempt

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Oh well another defeat avoided
1 more point puts us closer to safety

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I know we didn't lose but we have a HUGE Mountain to climb before we even begin to look like a Top Six side never mind Top Four. :(

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I said 1-1 or 2-2. Bournemouth are our level currently, worryingly. Can see a very very difficult couple of months ahead. I still think we're nailed on for a bottom 8 finish.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Tightened our grip on 11th place....kind of :? Luckily Burnley lost, unfortunately it was to Everton, who, no doubt, will be above us come the 1st week in January.

Kind of worrying that we are now looking at the teams behind us and not those above us......I don't think we'll finish in the top 8.......10th.or lower

ARTETA OUT???

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

How with 30 seconds to go,and a free kick on the edge of our own box,do we pass it sideways then back to Leno,and not go long for a winner,If Emery was manager today there would be the usual anger,but I see NOTHING today to say Arteta will be any different from Wenger/Emery,I'm struggling to think of a worse Arsenal side,uninspired and dull,did Xhaka complete a forward pass today? Did Saka or Nelson hit the penalty spot with a cross (mind you,I cannot see Auba or Laca winning a header if they did) its just fucking dull,Torriera looked better deeper,but AMN and Willock are average,I do not see them ever progressing at Arsenal.Leno is the only player who'd get in a decent side,Ozil actually tried for half hour,but will be missing against Chelsea,Lacazette was awful today,lets be honest though we still should have been 2-0 up at half time,
It started today like a new dawn,and ended up the same old shit,the decade ends like it started

Midz

Post by Midz »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:11 pm
FFS we look on a similar level to Bournemouth, and they are fighting relegation. Says it all.
We ARE on a similar level to Bournemouth and that's why the game was pretty even.
El Beige must be looking at the bench and thinking WTF!!

Our defence was its usual shit today but tbf they weren't any worse than before. Our attack let us down with their wastefulness in front of goal.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:54 pm
Tightened our grip on 11th place....kind of :? Luckily Burnley lost, unfortunately it was to Everton, who, no doubt, will be above us come the 1st week in January.

Kind of worrying that we are now looking at the teams behind us and not those above us......I don't think we'll finish in the top 8.......10th.or lower

ARTETA OUT???
Ha ha....

Anyway reality not sure what posters are expecting most saying he was the man after a press conference....that was wrong
Now after todays draw saying hes not good enough...its instant success required ....it wont happen like that.....we need to ship players out and get new players in, the right players.....players with a backbone...leaders...not an easy task

We are in a massive mess it will take time a long time to turn around, way too early to make a call on Arteta, although worryingly hes falling in the same holes as his predecessors....lets hope he learns quickly

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

How many points have we dropped now from playing out from the back. Must be close to 10. That's the difference between being in the hunt for top 4 and being in a relegation scrap.

Arteta will have it ingrained in his head that playing out from the back is the way to go, regardless of personnel. I hope Arsenal back him in the transfer market or it will cost him his job.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Arsenal to me are like that beautiful woman that you once loved, now she has completely let herself go, piled on the pounds, is in a bad mood all time time and wont put out.

I just don't care anymore.. I wish I could say I was just saying this but it is actually true now, it's gonna take a hell of an effort to win me back.