Bournemouth A 26th Dec

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Bournemouth A 26th Dec

Post by Jock Gooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:18 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:08 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:09 pm
A few weeks ago late el reenghole someone put up the fixtures til the end of Dec and some predictions were made..i think they were nearly bang on..cant find the thread it was on and it's getting on my tits :lol:

It's on page 150 of the Unai Emery thread. I would copy it across but inter thread quoting is beyond me I'm afraid :lol:
Just had a butchers there jock and my almost spot on predictions weren't there :rubchin: maybe k imagined them :lol:
I'm sure all your predictions were spot on mate. It was probably deleted out of spite by that dodgy mod :wink: :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:56 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:18 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:08 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:09 pm
A few weeks ago late el reenghole someone put up the fixtures til the end of Dec and some predictions were made..i think they were nearly bang on..cant find the thread it was on and it's getting on my tits :lol:

It's on page 150 of the Unai Emery thread. I would copy it across but inter thread quoting is beyond me I'm afraid :lol:
Just had a butchers there jock and my almost spot on predictions weren't there :rubchin: maybe k imagined them :lol:
I'm sure all your predictions were spot on mate. It was probably deleted out of spite by that dodgy mod :wink: :lol:
:D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

First time in ages I've seen stats that indicated that we had more attempts on goal than our opponents. The fact only two were on target showed how out of sync our forwards have been. Lacazette was dreadful. Not the best game but I can finally see signs of a revival.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I was really pleased to see us playing with more urgency and I thought it really benefited Xakha and Ozil.

can't say I agreed with taking off Ozil for willock. seemed an odd decision at the time and I thought it killed our momentum :?

also surprised laca lasted the full 90mins Instead of bringing on pepe and moving auba central. laca was truly woeful!

the English kids don't look much to me and the crossing by saka and nelson was absolutely dogshit all game.

arteta has a hell of a job but have to say I like him and was pleased by his appointment.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Have we ever had a player whose performance was as completely dependent upon confidence as Lacazette?

He has returned to the bumbling mess that he was at the end of Wenger’s time. I can understand that he’s short on match sharpness but he just shrunk as the game went on. That time when he was one on one with the final defender but tried to shoot from 25 yards because he didn’t have any confidence of skinning him was a disgrace.

Thought we were ok in the first half - noticeably more intensity and Torreira and Ozil in particular looked like different players. Quality of delivery from Saka and Nelson was a joke though - could easily have been 3 goals in that first half by picking somebody out. Genuinely some of the worst crossing I’ve seen.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Well I saw a lot of positives today , we dominated possession for the first time in ages , we weren’t under the kosh from the word go. We are clearly working harder to regain the ball and defending better (still a long way to go) .
What let us down was the final ball , we created some nice opportunities until the final delivery which is down to inexperienced young players and confidence. It’s baby steps at the moment but like what I’m seeing.
With extra training and a better balanced side over time I think we’ll see improvement.

augie

Post by augie »

How the fcuk can he hail a spot on attitude when they managed just a draw against a team just outside relegation places :?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ournemouth

The really worrying quote from that piece is

"I was worried what would have happened if we conceded a goal, and we did"

This is a team made up mostly of international players, many of whom have won league titles at their previous clubs, and he was worried that they would fall apart after conceding a goal to BOURNEMOUTH ??? As I recall, xhaka got rightly panned a while back for admitting that the players were scared, and here we have the manager saying much the same thing in a different way, and nobody bats an eyelid :shock: :shock:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Wenger left us a top 6 club. We currently still have a top 6 squad, albeit one that is massively short on confidence and doesn’t know its best 11 or best tactics etc. So expectations need to be realistic. Artetas job is to have us challenging for top 4 next year but more importantly within a context of formulating a plan that could have us challenging for titles again within, say, 3 or 4 seasons. Though that is a massive ask due to a Kroenke’s tight pockets. Realistically, next season finishing 5th or 6th while playing some good football and everyone knowing their jobs is the best we might hope for. And then hopefully going for 3rd or 4th in 2021 which will likely be our peak with Kroenke around.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Gob smacked that peeps were expecting a miracle big win against Bournemouth when arteta has literally had 3 days with the squad! I think what we witnessed was a massive increase in intensity, some chances created in open play which we haven't done for ages,some shots all be it woeful finishing and we limited bournemouth going forward quite a bit with a high press,the down side was the kids,you just cant bring in that many into a premier league game and expect to win but arteta can only work with what he has and right now it's a threadbare squad which showed its limitations . the rest of this season will be a bumpy ride,if we can get players fit and playing then we may scrape a top 6 then by August we should hit the ground running for the new season.i for one am sceptical about artetas appointment but ffs give him a break,one of the big bug bears of recent years was that the players look like they arent even trying,well they certainly tried yesterday even though our final third was keystone cops esque but the backline looked solid enough and at last we had a midfield that clicked at times.yes this isnt where arsenal should get right now but give it a year and who knows,just give Areteta a break ffs

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm not expecting miracles overnight but I do want to see him shipping out anyone who either thinks hes better than us or doesn't want to work or doesn't want to be there. Thereafter I want players in that want to play under him,that he alone wants in.
Whether he has the power to do that remains to be seen .
I'd rather start from scratch and play kids than persevere with malcontents,dillitantes and c unts !

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

One more point in our quest to stay up this year against the mighty Cherries. Orgasmic.. 11 new players in the transfer window & we should be OK !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:53 pm
I'm not expecting miracles overnight but I do want to see him shipping out anyone who either thinks hes better than us or doesn't want to work or doesn't want to be there. Thereafter I want players in that want to play under him,that he alone wants in.
I'd rather start from scratch and play kids than persevere with malcontents,dillitantes and c unts !

Thank you herd - this is what I have been trying to say 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:53 pm
Sorry mate but that is fantasy horseshit. Those kids would get us relegated.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

markyp wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:00 pm
Gob smacked that peeps were expecting a miracle big win against Bournemouth when arteta has literally had 3 days with the squad! I think what we witnessed was a massive increase in intensity, some chances created in open play which we haven't done for ages,some shots all be it woeful finishing and we limited bournemouth going forward quite a bit with a high press,the down side was the kids,you just cant bring in that many into a premier league game and expect to win but arteta can only work with what he has and right now it's a threadbare squad which showed its limitations . the rest of this season will be a bumpy ride,if we can get players fit and playing then we may scrape a top 6 then by August we should hit the ground running for the new season.i for one am sceptical about artetas appointment but ffs give him a break,one of the big bug bears of recent years was that the players look like they arent even trying,well they certainly tried yesterday even though our final third was keystone cops esque but the backline looked solid enough and at last we had a midfield that clicked at times.yes this isnt where arsenal should get right now but give it a year and who knows,just give Areteta a break ffs
Good post , it staggers me people were prepared to give Emery time but because the majority didn’t want Arteta in the first place they aren’t prepared to cut him any slack and are hanging on to any quote that may show a weakness in his armour. Give him a chance ffs

augie

Post by augie »

Bournemouth are getting torn a new arsehole by brighton (2-0 flatters Bournemouth tbh) - anyone still believe that our draw versus them was encouraging/promising ? A team 5th from bottom can turn them over (easily), but a team loaded with internationals cant :rubchin: