The why is there no Chelsea thread thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: The why is there no Chelsea thread thread

Post by clockender1 »

You know its a bad decision when even chris sutton agrees we were robbed there. :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:20 pm
Fundamentally we are nowhere near fit enough to play this high press game. It takes time to get that fitness like Liverpool have, and we are starting from a position where players like Ozil, Lacazette, Torreira and Guendouzi aren’t fit enough to start with, never mind for this level of pressing.

Get used to us clinging on a bit. Arteta needs to come up with some way to counteract that - leaving Lacazette and Saka on the pitch was ridiculous and certainly in the former case contributed to us not winning.
Absolutely correct - a great coach could surely see that. The other novice could see after 35 minutes it wasn't working for them and made the key change that turned the game. Pep's cone man was happy for us to drop out of the game completely in the second half. As soon as they equalised it was obvious they'd win. Pitiful second half display

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

northbank123 wrote:
Fundamentally we are nowhere near fit enough to play this high press game. It takes time to get that fitness like Liverpool have, and we are starting from a position where players like Ozil, Lacazette, Torreira and Guendouzi aren’t fit enough to start with, never mind for this level of pressing.

Get used to us clinging on a bit. Arteta needs to come up with some way to counteract that - leaving Lacazette and Saka on the pitch was ridiculous and certainly in the former case contributed to us not winning.
Two good points there mate.

I would have left laca on the last defenders shoulder and pinged balls over the top of him. The fuckers cant all push up with someone onside behind them. As a manager you have to leave two back just in case.

Fitness wise IDK why Torreira and dozer cant last 90 without struggling. This is their 2nd year, they should be up to speed by now :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:31 pm
northbank123 wrote:

Two good points there mate.

I would have left laca on the last defenders shoulder and pinged balls over the top of him. The fuckers cant all push up with someone onside behind them. As a manager you have to leave two back just in case.

Fitness wise IDK why Torreira and dozer cant last 90 without struggling. This is their 2nd year, they should be up to speed by now :rubchin:

In torreira's case, he has spent most of the season on the bench, so his fitness on paper was never gonna be up to full pelt - saying that, I thought that he never stopped running all day, and I wouldnt have said his fitness let him or us down at all

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I thought Torreira was very good again Augie, but his influence on games does wane considerably as they go on. He’s got a good work ethic but not fit enough.

augie

Post by augie »

You can argue that pepe was spineless when he came on too btw :roll:

I think that I seen it right, and if so can I give a massive well done to the fans who were abusing other fans for leaving straight after they scored their second 8) There was a minimum of 10 mins left (inc injury time), but these c.unts just fcuked off like they didnt give a fcuk.
Should never get a ticket again imo :censored: :censored: :censored:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Referees should be made to come out and explain decisions. That was a joke. And if VAR is about correcting clear and obvious mistakes, then why isn’t the ref informed in his earpiece to hold the game while they look at the offence? Really infuriating today as we showed a lot of fight, high energy and desire. Just ran out of steam ( and defenders!)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sliding towards the relegation zone with the wrong man in charge. Pearson will have Watford out of it within a few weeks and it will be interesting to see how West Ham respond to a change of manager (hopefully as well as us with one win in seven)

People will soon see how abysmal this appointment of Arteta will prove to be.......just as Ancelotti waves goodbye to us and starts climbing the table with an Everton squad infinitely less talented

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:16 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:09 pm
Yep, laca and saka looked tired the last twenty. But our thread bare squad meant no one to replace them.

I guess martinelli was sick or injured ?

Shit ref and chambers loss was huge.

Luis defended well today to be fair to him - very focused.

We are a mid table club right now. Tets has made a difference though, you could see that today.
Yeah.. Martinelli Injured/Concussion.

The improvements are there to see, we need to improve a whole lot more and ensure those improvements are for the full 90mins.

Ref was a disgrace didn't do his job and should be made to explain his lack of balance in decisions , especially what should have been a 2nd yelow (red)

Mustafi & Willock Not good enough get shot asap.

Just feel gutted...especially watching that FATFUCK Lumpalard celebrating at the end as if they deserved it, did they fuckk. :( :banghead: :cussing:
watching them celebrating was sickening......wankers

markyp

Post by markyp »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:07 pm
Sliding towards the relegation zone with the wrong man in charge. Pearson will have Watford out of it within a few weeks and it will be interesting to see how West Ham respond to a change of manager (hopefully as well as us with one win in seven)

People will soon see how abysmal this appointment of Arteta will prove to be.......just as Ancelotti waves goodbye to us and starts climbing the table with an Everton squad infinitely less talented
My sentiments entirely.although a massive improvement in the 2 games arteras been in charge it's not improvement in performance that matter right now its points on the board! I'd rather be playing dour insipid shit right now under a new manager but winning than this high tempo press that is getting us nowhere even if it is entertaining. I wanted ancelotti when he was available and I stick by that, the results so far show that Ancelotti would have been the better choice at this stage, I know its early days but jesus christ how we could have done with those 6 points hes gotten Everton. I seriously cant see us winning any of the next 4 premier league games either.i said before artetas appointment we would be facing a relegation dog fight by the end of the Christmas period and we are bang on course for it.if we were in chelsea position with a winning mentality and guaranteed a top 4 finish almost certainly then arteta would have been worth a go but our situation was so delicate it was suicide to appoint him and it's no good saying wait for the January window to open as what player any good would want to join a relegation dog fight with a nobody as manager?no one that's who!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

markyp wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:46 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

My sentiments entirely.although a massive improvement in the 2 games arteras been in charge it's not improvement in performance that matter right now its points on the board! I'd rather be playing dour insipid shit right now under a new manager but winning than this high tempo press that is getting us nowhere even if it is entertaining. I wanted ancelotti when he was available and I stick by that, the results so far show that Ancelotti would have been the better choice at this stage, I know its early days but jesus christ how we could have done with those 6 points hes gotten Everton. I seriously cant see us winning any of the next 4 premier league games either.i said before artetas appointment we would be facing a relegation dog fight by the end of the Christmas period and we are bang on course for it.if we were in chelsea position with a winning mentality and guaranteed a top 4 finish almost certainly then arteta would have been worth a go but our situation was so delicate it was suicide to appoint him and it's no good saying wait for the January window to open as what player any good would want to join a relegation dog fight with a nobody as manager?no one that's who!
The club and the supporters obsession with the top 4 will end up costing us our top flight status that has actually survived a century.

There are managers out there who could have done a GG and built a solid unit which could have stabilised the ship. Instead we are still dreaming that Pep's cone man will transform us into the next Barcelona/Man City. With little investment we could buy defenders that would be a massive improvement on what we have now, but we won't. Instead we will be chasing the creative midfielders and wingers to keep up this myth of playing entertaining football

Today just proved it - two awful defensive mistakes, the sort of which finished off the last 3 managers. This bloke isn't doing anything, and won't do anything to sort that out - isn't his background or blueprint as a coach.

We are 100% battling relegation without a single leader in the team, with star players wanting out and a bloke who is experimenting and learning his managerial mistakes as a guinea pig with us. If someone offered me a 17th place finish now I would take it. Instead we'll be obsessing about how a run of form might see us contend for the top four

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:54 pm
markyp wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:46 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

The club and the supporters obsession with the top 4 will end up costing us our top flight status that has actually survived a century.

There are managers out there who could have done a GG and built a solid unit which could have stabilised the ship. Instead we are still dreaming that Pep's cone man will transform us into the next Barcelona/Man City. With little investment we could buy defenders that would be a massive improvement on what we have now, but we won't. Instead we will be chasing the creative midfielders and wingers to keep up this myth of playing entertaining football

Today just proved it - two awful defensive mistakes, the sort of which finished off the last 3 managers. This bloke isn't doing anything, and won't do anything to sort that out - isn't his background or blueprint as a coach.

We are 100% battling relegation without a single leader in the team, with star players wanting out and a bloke who is experimenting and learning his managerial mistakes as a guinea pig with us. If someone offered me a 17th place finish now I would take it. Instead we'll be obsessing about how a run of form might see us contend for the top four
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this load of melts could get relegated,there is not ONE player in this squad who you would want in the trenches next to you,they are in free fall,
Arsenal relegated......it dont even bear thinking about,I couldn't even see this side getting back up though tbh

And as a sidenote,I fucking despise Chelsea more than the Victims,horrible no marque c unts,

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Nailed on defeat coming up on New Year’s Day to the Manc scum too I’m afraid. They’ve had an extra days recovery and our already cobbled together defence now has to suffer the addition of Mustafi.

We are fucked.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We need to grow a backbone quickly.

We have been outplayed comprehensively by some of the worst sides in the league this year - Watford, Brighton, Southampton and by Villa and West Ham for long periods. The only game we have won by more than one goal was at West Ham, which was on balance still a pretty shit performance over 90 minutes. The points we have got have been by and large scraped.

If the atmosphere descends quickly then we are not a million miles away from being in the thick of it. If it weren’t for West Ham’s complete implosion against us, we would be 3 points off the relegation zone for fucks sake.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The first goal you can’t legislate for it’s just an apoplectic fuck up by the keeper. However the second showed the complete lack of leadership that’s in the side when nobody kept the team in shake and we were caught pants down with half the team up the pitch.