The why is there no Chelsea thread thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
cameron326

Re: The why is there no Chelsea thread thread

Post by cameron326 »

If the next 15 games don't see an improvement points wise on the last 15 games, we are in serious danger of getting relegated. Anyone feeling confident about that? Thought not.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:20 pm
Fundamentally we are nowhere near fit enough to play this high press game. It takes time to get that fitness like Liverpool have, and we are starting from a position where players like Ozil, Lacazette, Torreira and Guendouzi aren’t fit enough to start with, never mind for this level of pressing.

Get used to us clinging on a bit. Arteta needs to come up with some way to counteract that - leaving Lacazette and Saka on the pitch was ridiculous and certainly in the former case contributed to us not winning.

Just back from the bowl and having a read through the match thread.

This comment is spot on. We were watching the shape of the team during the first half and it was a massive improvement on recent watches and called for much more effort than our bunch of tarts are used to giving. You could actually see every player moving across the field to cover when we were defending and I can't remember the last time I saw that happen. We were saying after 30 mins that we would never keep that going for the second half and it proved correct as we looked fu.cked after the break.

Ok, no arguments that Arteta should have brought on fresh legs earlier but in fairness to him that is as good a first half team performance as I have seen in a while. Then we get a touch of the wengers and go all gung ho and forget ourselves chasing a winner and get caught at the back which was plain fu.cking stupid.

No sign of Xhaka was very welcome but only goes to show how threadbare our midfield is now. The ref was a complete cu.nt all afternoon so that didn't help matters either.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Season now relies on winning EL, no way going to win anything else or get near top 4. Would rather give the EL a miss next season tbh and listen to the board squeal as they reduce my ST price.

Liverpool walking away with PL so other teams will focus more on the FA Cup than is customary.

Result today hinged on the Willock miss, how can you favour him over a £72m striker when the oppo defence is tiring and they are the ones pushing for an equaliser?

Not good enough sadly, however bright parts of the first half may have been.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

We took on a manager who is/was totally unproven when we were/are in the worst place we have been in more than 2 decades. A manager who has players who aren't good enough to be in the PL, a manager some of the players didn't want, a manager who is not going to get any money to spend, a manager who is expected to sell off the absolutely shit players he doesn't want (to who???)

I said from the start this wouldn't work, how could it???? We are going to finish in the bottom 6.....and if there isn't a massive shake up and reshuffle next year, we will be in a relegation dogfight the whole of next season. I never ever wanted Arteta, but in hindsight we would have been better off appointing him before Emery, not after.

And forget about cup runs, FA or otherwise, that ain't happening with the squad we've got. We'll be putting out anybody who wants to play in those comps as the 1st team rest in preparation for getting points from games that will keep us above the drop zone.

The icing on this shit cake would be Wenger coming back...………….
Last edited by xisstential on Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:03 pm
We took on a manager who is/was totally unproven when we were/are in the worst place we have been in more than 2 decades. A manager who has players who aren't good enough to be in the PL, a manager some of the players didn't want, a manager who is not going to get any money to spend, a manager who is expected to sell off the absolutely shit players he doesn't want (to who???)

I said from the start this wouldn't work, how could it???? We are going to finish in the bottom 6.....and if there isn't a massive shake up and reshuffle next year, we will be in a relegation dogfight the whole of next season. I never ever wanted Arteta, but in hindsight we would have been better off appointing him before Emery, not after.

And forget about cup runs, FA or otherwise, that ain't happening with the squad we've got. We'll be putting out anybody who wants to play in those comps as the 1st team rest in preparation for getting points from games that will keep us above the drop zone.

The icing on this shit cake would be Wenger coming back...………….
Absolutely 100% spot on.

There are still comments on here however where people are discussing the top 4. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Best hope Emery got us enough points early enough to keep this sorry bunch of c.unts in the league

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

And to further put the boot in they give Jorginho the MOTM :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:13 pm
And to further put the boot in they give Jorginho the MOTM :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
How FUCKKED UP is That!. :? :banghead:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Fuck ! :barscarf: :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Very disappointing as usual.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Playing a high intensity press game against a top four opponent with a threadbare squad in the middle of the most congested fixture period of the season

Nonsensical and naive. If he does the same against Man U and fucks it up against Leeds it will be all the evidence needed that he is the wrong man at the wrong time

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:44 pm
Playing a high intensity press game against a top four opponent with a threadbare squad in the middle of the most congested fixture period of the season

Nonsensical and naive. If he does the same against Man U and fucks it up against Leeds it will be all the evidence needed that he is the wrong man at the wrong time

On paper that is a fair comment, but the reality is that the chavs are not a top 4 team in quality, and we showed that for large parts of todays game. I argued (until a month ago) that we would get top 4 this season by default simply cos the chavs, manure and the scum are all dogshit - whilst I will accept that we are worse than I thought, the reality is though that those teams are every bit as shit as I said 3 months ago

Naki_Gooner

Post by Naki_Gooner »

Maybe now that we're not guaranteed money from being in Europe our money hungry board are happy for us to yoyo between premier league and championship to collect the biggest cheque in football :D :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:17 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

On paper that is a fair comment, but the reality is that the chavs are not a top 4 team in quality, and we showed that for large parts of todays game. I argued (until a month ago) that we would get top 4 this season by default simply cos the chavs, manure and the scum are all dogshit - whilst I will accept that we are worse than I thought, the reality is though that those teams are every bit as shit as I said 3 months ago
They have 3 centre halves all of which would walk into our starting line up, plus Kante who is still the best player in that position and Lumpard seems to be getting Willian back to his best. You might think they are shit but when I go through their starting line up and ours, with one or two exceptions they are better all over the field. The chavs were superb at the new shitole. To play that gung ho way against them with hardly anyone fit was absolute suicide and the players were dead on their feet in the second half

Wrong man, wrong time, wrong style

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:45 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:17 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

They have 3 centre halves all of which would walk into our starting line up, plus Kante who is still the best player in that position and Lumpard seems to be getting Willian back to his best. You might think they are shit but when I go through their starting line up and ours, with one or two exceptions they are better all over the field. The chavs were superb at the new shitole. To play that gung ho way against them with hardly anyone fit was absolute suicide and the players were dead on their feet in the second half

Wrong man, wrong time, wrong style

You know already that I am not happy with the arteta appointment, so please don't think that I am defending him when I make my arguments -

1. willian is playing really well lately ……… today he was anonymous and I assume we will have to give our players and system some credit for that.

2. Laca played up top on his own against 3 centre backs and caused them a lot of trouble in the first half. The great in form Abraham hardly got a kick today against one of the worst defences in the history of our club. What does that tell us ? It tells me that their defence is as shit as advertised.

3. When it was a 3 v 3 in centre midfield today, our 3 bossed it - they had no answer to ozil and torreira was everywhere. Kante is indeed an outstanding footballer, but outside of him they are ordinary in midfield.

If I'm honest there are only 3 or 4 players off the starting chav team that would make our team if I was picking it - rudiger at centre back (obviously), willian and kante would walk into it, and maybe their captain would get in at left full. For me that says more about how shit they are more than how good we are