The why is there no Chelsea thread thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: The why is there no Chelsea thread thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:04 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:45 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:17 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:44 pm
Playing a high intensity press game against a top four opponent with a threadbare squad in the middle of the most congested fixture period of the season

Nonsensical and naive. If he does the same against Man U and fucks it up against Leeds it will be all the evidence needed that he is the wrong man at the wrong time

On paper that is a fair comment, but the reality is that the chavs are not a top 4 team in quality, and we showed that for large parts of todays game. I argued (until a month ago) that we would get top 4 this season by default simply cos the chavs, manure and the scum are all dogshit - whilst I will accept that we are worse than I thought, the reality is though that those teams are every bit as shit as I said 3 months ago
They have 3 centre halves all of which would walk into our starting line up, plus Kante who is still the best player in that position and Lumpard seems to be getting Willian back to his best. You might think they are shit but when I go through their starting line up and ours, with one or two exceptions they are better all over the field. The chavs were superb at the new shitole. To play that gung ho way against them with hardly anyone fit was absolute suicide and the players were dead on their feet in the second half

Wrong man, wrong time, wrong style

You know already that I am not happy with the arteta appointment, so please don't think that I am defending him when I make my arguments -

1. willian is playing really well lately ……… today he was anonymous and I assume we will have to give our players and system some credit for that.

2. Laca played up top on his own against 3 centre backs and caused them a lot of trouble in the first half. The great in form Abraham hardly got a kick today against one of the worst defences in the history of our club. What does that tell us ? It tells me that their defence is as shit as advertised.

3. When it was a 3 v 3 in centre midfield today, our 3 bossed it - they had no answer to ozil and torreira was everywhere. Kante is indeed an outstanding footballer, but outside of him they are ordinary in midfield.

If I'm honest there are only 3 or 4 players off the starting chav team that would make our team if I was picking it - rudiger at centre back (obviously), willian and kante would walk into it, and maybe their captain would get in at left full. For me that says more about how shit they are more than how good we are
Their keeper is better than ours, and Zouma is better than any centre half we have. Jorginho turned the game and is better than any defensive midfielder we have. Azpilicueta is 100x better than any defender we have at the club. From our side only Aubameyang and Lacazette would stand a chance of getting into their line up, and Ozil when he turns up one in every twenty games

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

Banter club presently. Saka as defender, still playing Mustafitup (Mavrapanos must be really really shit), AMN, Reiss Nelson over your new £72m star signing, Ray Parlour Gwendoozi as our CM main man. Comedy show, you couldn't make this shit up.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Does anyone seriously bother watching anymore?. :roll:

F*ck off KSE and yes I'll serious take relegation (to league one if neccessary) to get you c*nts out!.

:banghead:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Dunno why any posters in this thread earlier is mentioning us and Top 4. Could do with getting knocked out of the EL as soon as possible, and then concentrate on stabilizing in the league. I for one don't give a shit about being in any European competition next season

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:10 pm
Bedded down in 12th place now, the perfect position from which to launch our NY counter offensive :lol: :lol: :lol:
We need to finish 13th in the league! :barscarf: :rubchin: :barscarf:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969%E2%8 ... all_League

On second thoughts forget the Europa League, 2nd bottom in the current form table, need to get knocked out of both cups now to concentrate on the relegation battle. :cussing: :cussing: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Last edited by Almunia is a clown on Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

We haven't won a home league game since October 6th and West Ham aside haven't won a league game in general since then. Relegation is a distinct possibility.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The transfer window will be interesting. If we don’t sign at least one decent CB and a midfielder then in my opinion we could well go down. This is the biggest test yet for our owners!!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Reading press reports this morning of how the Chav players had a massive heated argument at half time about how shit they had been and how they were going to put it right in the second half

Wonder if any of our little violets have had any of those moments recently?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What’s pissing me off the most about yesterday is the second goal. A point after a goalkeeping howler wouldn’t have been the end of the world but to lose by getting caught with half the team up the field is fucking sickening.

We’ve been conceding that exact same type of goal for as long as I can remember and what compounds it further is that piece of shit Mustafi doing exactly what he did last season away at Palace when they equalised late on - running away from his man at the half way line and then refusing to engage him all the way towards goal.

I remember that Palace game because I was screaming foul him, foul him, FOUL HIM at Mustafi as he just tracked back without ever getting near Zaha (I think it was). And the same fucking thing happens yesterday, a truly calamitous defender and if he’s playing again Wednesday we are fucked.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:00 am
What’s pissing me off the most about yesterday is the second goal. A point after a goalkeeping howler wouldn’t have been the end of the world but to lose by getting caught with half the team up the field is fucking sickening.

We’ve been conceding that exact same type of goal for as long as I can remember and what compounds it further is that piece of shit Mustafi doing exactly what he did last season away at Palace when they equalised late on - running away from his man at the half way line and then refusing to engage him all the way towards goal.

I remember that Palace game because I was screaming foul him, foul him, FOUL HIM at Mustafi as he just tracked back without ever getting near Zaha (I think it was). And the same fucking thing happens yesterday, a truly calamitous defender and if he’s playing again Wednesday we are fucked.
Absolutely. The problem is Rodders, he will be here all season as nobody wants the useless piece of shit that cock features wasted £35m and £100k per week on. Just another player we can't shift thanks to that fucking c.unt

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The good ,the bad and the ugly of Arsenal FC all shone yesterday. I'm not sure what Artera can do about team selection at the moment. He has no full backs, missed Chambers at Bournemouth and lost him to injury yesterday. Is missing Holding through injury and had Sokratis out yesterday due to concussion protocols apparently. Now before people rip the last few lines to shreds I am not saying any of the above are world class what I am saying is these are what is available to him in his first two games in charge. Maybe he looked at Mustafi and Mavropanos on the bench yesterday and went with the option he trusted more, and again that is not an endorsement of Mustafi.
Thankfully Xhaka wasn't there , but Guendouzi is the option then. Enthusiastic player but no discipline, Torriera is our best midfielder at present but hasn't the fitness levels.
Where I felt Arteta got it wrong yesterday was the substitutions , Pepe for Lacazette was an obvious change for me, Lacazette lacks confidence where at 1-0 Pepe may have been a better outlet . Saka should have got more cover when he was struggling near the end.
Maybe settling for 1-1 after Leno's mistake would have been pragmatic ,and that is where the dreaded "game management " phrase comes into being.
There were positives yesterday, Luiz was ok at times, Aubameyang showed responsibility for the first time since getting the armband,the shape in the first half was good but by the same token losing it and the intensity that went with it was disappointing. Maybe again that is down to a lack of fitness and concentration and Arteta inherited that it's up to him to change it.
Thought ref got it wrong on Jorginho by failing to give a second yellow and that did influence the result. The free that led to Chelsea's equaliser was a sign of a team not knowing how to hold out, an unnecessary foul by a striker on the touchline created the free.
Arteta's appointment is on the level of players we are linked with. It is where we are.

augie

Post by augie »

Seems to disagree with most if not all on here, but I thought that maitland-niles done very well again yesterday - I say again cos that for me is his second really good game at right full recently. Yesterday I thought that he was solid, aggressive in the tackle, and passed some really good balls down the line to nelson.

Credit where it is due 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Wengerballs wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:00 pm
Banter club presently. Saka as defender, still playing Mustafitup (Mavrapanos must be really really shit), AMN, Reiss Nelson over your new £72m star signing, Ray Parlour Gwendoozi as our CM main man. Comedy show, you couldn't make this shit up.

Mustafi wouldn't got on the pitch yesterday if Chambers had not got injured, Sokratis injured. Both fullbacks injured, maybe we should have Pepe played back there in defence, can't legislate for lenos mistake or the fact if the ref did his job, jorgihio wouldn't have been on the pitch.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:12 pm
Seems to disagree with most if not all on here, but I thought that maitland-niles done very well again yesterday - I say again cos that for me is his second really good game at right full recently. Yesterday I thought that he was solid, aggressive in the tackle, and passed some really good balls down the line to nelson.

Credit where it is due 8)
I like AMN at right back, he has the pace and quality on the ball. More often than not he does well. It may not be his preferred position but I think he's done well when called upon. He only went a bit wrong when emery started playing him in the middle or in a front three. He lost a bit of confidence but it seems to me that he'd rather be starting in the first team at RB at giving it his best, than sitting on the bench waiting for an opportunity to play ahead of Xhaka, Ozil and Guendouzi.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:04 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:45 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:17 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:44 pm
Playing a high intensity press game against a top four opponent with a threadbare squad in the middle of the most congested fixture period of the season

Nonsensical and naive. If he does the same against Man U and fucks it up against Leeds it will be all the evidence needed that he is the wrong man at the wrong time

On paper that is a fair comment, but the reality is that the chavs are not a top 4 team in quality, and we showed that for large parts of todays game. I argued (until a month ago) that we would get top 4 this season by default simply cos the chavs, manure and the scum are all dogshit - whilst I will accept that we are worse than I thought, the reality is though that those teams are every bit as shit as I said 3 months ago
They have 3 centre halves all of which would walk into our starting line up, plus Kante who is still the best player in that position and Lumpard seems to be getting Willian back to his best. You might think they are shit but when I go through their starting line up and ours, with one or two exceptions they are better all over the field. The chavs were superb at the new shitole. To play that gung ho way against them with hardly anyone fit was absolute suicide and the players were dead on their feet in the second half

Wrong man, wrong time, wrong style

You know already that I am not happy with the arteta appointment, so please don't think that I am defending him when I make my arguments -

1. willian is playing really well lately ……… today he was anonymous and I assume we will have to give our players and system some credit for that.

2. Laca played up top on his own against 3 centre backs and caused them a lot of trouble in the first half. The great in form Abraham hardly got a kick today against one of the worst defences in the history of our club. What does that tell us ? It tells me that their defence is as shit as advertised.

3. When it was a 3 v 3 in centre midfield today, our 3 bossed it - they had no answer to ozil and torreira was everywhere. Kante is indeed an outstanding footballer, but outside of him they are ordinary in midfield.

If I'm honest there are only 3 or 4 players off the starting chav team that would make our team if I was picking it - rudiger at centre back (obviously), willian and kante would walk into it, and maybe their captain would get in at left full. For me that says more about how shit they are more than how good we are
All Chelsea back 4 would get in our team so would all their midfield. Kante or Torreira you having a laugh??? Ozil or Jorginho ???. Aubameyang is the only outfield player who would get in.