Bournemouth A 26th Dec

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Bournemouth A 26th Dec

Post by Jock Gooner »

That's the same Brighton that beat us 1 - 2 at the bowl just a few weeks back :barscarf:

We have to be more realistic about our team of 'internationals' who are currently all over the place. Where signs of improvement are found lets just hope that they become a feature of our play and that Arteta has the ability to start to build the team up again.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:33 pm
That's the same Brighton that beat us 1 - 2 at the bowl just a few weeks back :barscarf:

We have to be more realistic about our team of 'internationals' who are currently all over the place. Where signs of improvement are found lets just hope that they become a feature of our play and that Arteta has the ability to start to build the team up again.

Yeah but we have arteta on board now so all is good in the world again :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:38 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:33 pm

Yeah but we have arteta on board now so all is good in the world again :wink:

I'm sure I used the word "hope" :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Seems to me people are more interested in Arteta failing to prove a point that any slight improvement we may show :roll:

No one wanted Arteta but we got him and as I said it will take about 8 games to get an idea of where we're going but hey let's pin everything on one match against a team that's only slightly worse than us currently. There we a few slight signs of improvement against Bournemouth but the woeful finishing and crossing from our forwards meant that it was wasted.

Just for the record we haven't won a match in 13 games but it's all Artetas fault and absolutely nothing to do with confidence being shot, pitiful attitudes from players, players being played out of position and lack of options due to suspensions and injuries at all...... :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I am very hopeful Arteta will save our sinking ship and lead us onto far better days. If he doesn't and it all goes tits up (again) then I do not see the board spending the needed large amount of money and making the appropriate choice for another manager that would then be needed to try again. :?

I think GoonerMuzz is right, there are too many people who seem far more interested in crowing about seeing Arteta fail than getting behind him from the get go.

He MUST be given:

Time ( 2 seasons at least)
Financial Backing to bring in a Better Quality Back-line and Mid-field.
The chance to sort out the dross and feck them off.

Put it this way if he succeeds in stopping our decline then and improves things so that we once again realistically challenge for trophies (Europa/CL/ Top 4) that would be Great News as he is young enough to be our manager for the next 5 - 6 seasons.

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:57 am
Herd wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:53 pm
I'm not expecting miracles overnight but I do want to see him shipping out anyone who either thinks hes better than us or doesn't want to work or doesn't want to be there. Thereafter I want players in that want to play under him,that he alone wants in.
Whether he has the power to do that remains to be seen .
I'd rather start from scratch and play kids than persevere with malcontents,dillitantes and c unts !
Sorry mate but that is fantasy horseshit. Those kids would get us relegated.
Is it really tm?? Its never gonna happen without replacements il grant you. On a serious note I'm beginning to loathe more players than I barely like at Arsenal. Only Saka and Martinelli raise my pulse levels at the moment,the rest meh !

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Herd wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:49 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:
I'm not expecting miracles overnight but I do want to see him shipping out anyone who either thinks hes better than us or doesn't want to work or doesn't want to be there. Thereafter I want players in that want to play under him,that he alone wants in.
I'd rather start from scratch and play kids than persevere with malcontents,dillitantes and c unts !
Is it really tm?? Its never gonna happen without replacements il grant you. On a serious note I'm beginning to loathe more players than I barely like at Arsenal. Only Saka and Martinelli raise my pulse levels at the moment,the rest meh !
I would add in Leno to your two Herd.. He has saved us on a few occasions and he also seems to have the desire to play. He looks for the quick option when he has the ball in his hands but sadly he looks up the pitch to no movement.
I would like to add Tierney but I can see a Diaby situation with him regarding Injuries

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:55 am
Herd wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:
I would add in Leno to your two Herd.. He has saved us on a few occasions and he also seems to have the desire to play. He looks for the quick option when he has the ball in his hands but sadly he looks up the pitch to no movement.
I would like to add Tierney but I can see a Diaby situation with him regarding Injuries
Agree about Leno, he really has improved while everyone else has got worse. The two are probably connected in some ways as our bad defence and weak midfield has meant Leno has had a lot of practise in games :roll: Just imagine if he hadnt performed as well though. Where would we be if we still had an Almunia level keeper in goal? :oops:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:
Well Luiz, M-N, Xhaka, Nelson, all raise my pulse levels bit for totally the wrong reasons.

Tierney looked decent, particularly his crossing but in his last couple of games prior to his injury he was as timid in his directness as all the others (didn’t take long did it )

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bournemouth showed just how bad they are right now with that display at Brighton

If Emery had scraped a 1-1 with them there would be screams of derision and hate from all corners on here. For Pep's Cone Man however it seems as though everyone is delighted with the 'progress'

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:45 pm
Bournemouth showed just how bad they are right now with that display at Brighton

If Emery had scraped a 1-1 with them there would be screams of derision and hate from all corners on here. For Pep's Cone Man however it seems as though everyone is delighted with the 'progress'
Please, Emery got us in this mess. The board were right to get rid. Not saying arteta appointment is right...but sacking the guy who made Arsene look competent was the right decision.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:12 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Please, Emery got us in this mess. The board were right to get rid. Not saying arteta appointment is right...but sacking the guy who made Arsene look competent was the right decision.
If you honestly think he made Wenger look competent, and that it wasn't Wenger who got us into this mess then heaven help you

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:14 am
subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:12 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

If you honestly think he made Wenger look competent, and that it wasn't Wenger who got us into this mess then heaven help you

If he honestly thinks that, then god himself wont be able to help him :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:35 pm
Seems to me people are more interested in Arteta failing to prove a point that any slight improvement we may show :roll:

No one wanted Arteta but we got him and as I said it will take about 8 games to get an idea of where we're going but hey let's pin everything on one match against a team that's only slightly worse than us currently. There we a few slight signs of improvement against Bournemouth but the woeful finishing and crossing from our forwards meant that it was wasted.

Just for the record we haven't won a match in 13 games but it's all Artetas fault and absolutely nothing to do with confidence being shot, pitiful attitudes from players, players being played out of position and lack of options due to suspensions and injuries at all...... :rubchin:
Well said.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

2-0 down inside 20 minutes to West Ham :D