What a shit decade (best/worst) merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: What a shit decade (best/worst) merged thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

On the field nothing will ever be as shameful as the 8-2, and the fact that the sad old c.unt's response wasn't to resign but to go on a panic shopping spree instead which included Santos and Park. The shameful bastard who supposedly loved the club so much milked another £8m plus per year after that and signed a whole crock of shit too......he should have gone that evening but instead lasted almost another 7 years

Off the field of course nothing will ever surpass the day the wig wearing c.unt became the majority shareholder and effectively started the slow death of the club and turned into Banter FC which it is today. There's no end in sight either so the worrying thing is when we're sat here in 2025 and the prick has us mid-table in the Championship, we'll look back to 2010-19 as a glory era

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clash wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:52 pm
I love that Wenger quote at the start of the decade about us being 2% away from domination. It’s incredible how accurate it turned out to be.

Hard to pick which one of our title winning seasons was the best during the 2010s.

Personally I would go for the 2011/12 season as things looked doomed when Almunia was poached by Madrid the previous summer. Fortunately that €80m was invested wisely and we were able to bring legends like Eboue, Song and Adebayor back to the club after stadium debt forced us to sell them to Barcelona.

Eboue’s one man performance in the 2014 CL final remains one of the great sporting moments of any decade. And the 15ft bronze statue is no more than he deserved. Only a fool would complain that the Bergkamp, Adams and Henry statues were melted down in order to make it.

Lord Wenger managing us to 5 titles, 3 CL’s, 6 FA cups and a super cup while at the same time working tirelessly with president G Weah in his role as vice-president of Liberia defies belief. Does the man ever sleep? It was also a very moving as well as humorous moment when the Pope himself knelt before Arsene.

But would any of this had been possible without humanitarian and animal lover, the great philanthropist himself, Sir Stan Kroenke? His selfless efforts and warm nature are not to be under-estimated. Waving his advisory fee to the Dalia lama is a sign of the mans class.

Sad to see Wenger go before the decade ended but our loss is NASA’s gain. I wish him luck on the solo Mars mission although deep down we all know he will not return. Sacrificing his life for the progress of mankind was always his true calling.

I shall certainly be raising a glass or two for this most memorable of decades :barscarf:
Top Qualiteee post...said this speaking to L’Equipe in 2015...
“Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.”

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:28 pm
Clash wrote:
I love that Wenger quote at the start of the decade about us being 2% away from domination. It’s incredible how accurate it turned out to be.

Hard to pick which one of our title winning seasons was the best during the 2010s.

Personally I would go for the 2011/12 season as things looked doomed when Almunia was poached by Madrid the previous summer. Fortunately that €80m was invested wisely and we were able to bring legends like Eboue, Song and Adebayor back to the club after stadium debt forced us to sell them to Barcelona.

Eboue’s one man performance in the 2014 CL final remains one of the great sporting moments of any decade. And the 15ft bronze statue is no more than he deserved. Only a fool would complain that the Bergkamp, Adams and Henry statues were melted down in order to make it.

Lord Wenger managing us to 5 titles, 3 CL’s, 6 FA cups and a super cup while at the same time working tirelessly with president G Weah in his role as vice-president of Liberia defies belief. Does the man ever sleep? It was also a very moving as well as humorous moment when the Pope himself knelt before Arsene.

But would any of this had been possible without humanitarian and animal lover, the great philanthropist himself, Sir Stan Kroenke? His selfless efforts and warm nature are not to be under-estimated. Waving his advisory fee to the Dalia lama is a sign of the mans class.

Sad to see Wenger go before the decade ended but our loss is NASA’s gain. I wish him luck on the solo Mars mission although deep down we all know he will not return. Sacrificing his life for the progress of mankind was always his true calling.

I shall certainly be raising a glass or two for this most memorable of decades :barscarf:
“Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.”
:lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:44 pm
On the field nothing will ever be as shameful as the 8-2, and the fact that the sad old c.unt's response wasn't to resign but to go on a panic shopping spree instead which included Santos and Park. The shameful bastard who supposedly loved the club so much milked another £8m plus per year after that and signed a whole crock of shit too......he should have gone that evening but instead lasted almost another 7 years

Off the field of course nothing will ever surpass the day the wig wearing c.unt became the majority shareholder and effectively started the slow death of the club and turned into Banter FC which it is today. There's no end in sight either so the worrying thing is when we're sat here in 2025 and the prick has us mid-table in the Championship, we'll look back to 2010-19 as a glory era
:bowing21: :bowing21: :bowing21:

I think that Post in its entirety should be engraved on a Huge Brass/Stainless Steel/Non-Corrosive Plaque and erected (oooh err missus :oops: ) Outside the Bowl for all the Wenger Worshipper Fuchtards to see AND to Notify those who have yet to realise that the wig wearingCuntbag is intent on destroying our once Great Club.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:28 pm
Clash wrote:

:lol:

I think that answers DB10's question about if Wenger is Jesus. Not quite ... but he's the next best thing :shock: :oops:

I think I read that interview L’Equipe or one very similar. It was full of typical Wenger bullshit where he was pretending to be humble and unaware of how incredible he is.

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Have to agree with all that. Knowing Wenger though, he will come out soon and say that spree was him showing his foresight and sacrificing himself for the clubs future. Two of the players he signed that day (Arteta and Metersacker) are now the coach and the other is on the coaching staff. Arsene knows :barscarf: :roll:

Santos of course came right after the OT 8-2 humilation but was invovled in a different kind of OT shame himself when he swapped shirts at half time with Man United's goalscorer RvP :banghead: Oh and Wenger hugged the Judas :censored: too!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

At the very start of the decade we made the QF of the CL before getting the usual away rimming from Barcelona. The following year started our proud run of getting dicked in the last 16, before eventually becoming the Thursday night chumps we've become in recent years. We end the decade dreaming of Thursday night football

Thanks for helping us to live the dream Stan

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:

I think Santos summed up AW last ten years to a extent perfectly! Such a crazy and totally useless player and the decline was stack.................

:roll:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

To think we ended the decade with our most expensive assembled squad, in the lowest position we have been in since the days of David hillier, Ian Selley and Johnny Jenson in the midfield. It's not even laughable how poor we are anymore. However, There are improvement so far just haven't had the results or rub of the green to reflect the improvements.