Dirty Leeds|Home|FA Cup|Monday 6th January|7.56pm KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Dirty Leeds|Home|FA Cup|Monday 6th January|7.56pm KO

Post by Midz »

Great to hear Arteta shouted a lot. Most of those players need to be shouted at to get it into their thick heads.

Always nice to win a cup match.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:36 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:31 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:23 pm
I’d rather see Mustafi play than Holding :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Rodders you MUST be on Drugs! Either that or you need to be. :D :wink:
He’s been dire tonight, passing the ball to a Leeds player 9 times outta 10.
Agree 100%. But you're deffo either on drugs or need to be anyway. :lol: :wink:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:18 pm
A bindipper makes these tackles which Xhaka is making, Danny Dickhead Murphy would be talking about spirit and heart and how he can't see anything wrong there.
Murphy is a bin dippingCUNT... a No Mark player who has always always slagged off the teams that bettered the thieving, jobless, scousers.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:37 pm
Martinelli is really good...proves it evey time....
He 's my Favourite Arsenal player - with torreira a close second. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:49 pm
That'll do and fuck off Leeds and fuck off Danny Murphy.
^^^ This ^^^ :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thought emery was in charge for the first half. Excellent news that Arteta gave them all a Bollicking at Half-time - Deserved it. Good to see they can turn a game around...under emery we would have rcumbled even further.

Aaaaaartetaaaaa! :barscarf: :barscarf:
He's Got Great hair
Aaaaaartetaaaaa! :barscarf: :barscarf:
He shouts and he don't care!

augie

Post by augie »

Only got to see the first half yet, but fcuk me it was both woeful and disgraceful in equal measure :roll: :banghead:

Can somebody please explain to me why in gods fcuking name did arteta change the formation tonight ? I see a lot of praise post match for arteta's half time rollocking, but how much responsibility did he and should he take ? We played really well for 45 mins against the chavs, and played really well for most of the game against manure, and then he goes and completely changes the system tonight ??? Just when a struggling team is starting to gain a bit of confidence on the back of good performances, he sets the reset button and we are back to a shambolic jittery and vunerable outfit :roll: :oops: :oops:

In a first half of shite, holding took the level of shitiness to heights rarely seen before - he bollocked a team-mate early on the back of an aimless pass by holding himself ( :? ), but his reading and anticipation were poor. The guy is a long way off match fit so I will cut him a little slack for now.

Ozil and xhaka reverted to type tonight - lazy, brainless, soft and undisciplined as we have witnessed so many times in the past. Arteta has given these two lazy despicable c.unts an excuse by changing the system, because that performance sums up everything on why so many Gooners want them out

Pepe was shit in the first half. Laca was poor too, and I was shocked to hear that he got motm

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:22 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:36 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:31 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:23 pm
I’d rather see Mustafi play than Holding :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Rodders you MUST be on Drugs! Either that or you need to be. :D :wink:
He’s been dire tonight, passing the ball to a Leeds player 9 times outta 10.
Agree 100%. But you're deffo either on drugs or need to be anyway. :lol: :wink:
I’ve been on drugs since Wenger’s second last contract extension, I thought we all were 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Awful first half which was thankfully turned around by an energetic if not inspiring second half. A lot of the positives from New Year's Day went missing tonight. Yet we got through it and it mean something to the players to win. Holding was calamitous at times with his passing, Sokratis is too slow for full back and looked knackered before halftime. Yet in the last five minutes or so he was fighting like a dog and celebrating a tackle..Not sure you would see that from Bellerin. Xhaka got away with it tonight , his first foul was stupid and lazy. Martinez didn't convince me that he is a good back up..Certainly made a great save but his distribution is careless. Lacazette led the line and put himself about. Martinelli is impressive, I was half joking with a fellow Gooner when I said he and Jesus will be lethal upfront for City when Aguerro retires.
Overall glad of the win , it wasn't pretty but it was dugout of nothing. Wouldn't have seen that a month ago I think.
The Leeds fan's songs contained language that some viewers may have found upsetting but never got a mention from the commentator.
He was more interested in making insulting comments about Arsenal. Danny Murphy is a prize tool who never hides his hatred of Arsenal FC.
On we go.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

1-0 to the Arsenal. Who the fuck cares how we played. We'll play heaps better than this & get beat in other games this year !. :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Firstly can I just say fuck off Danny Murphy. :censored: Fucking hypocritical whining little cùnt. The most biased co-commentator I've heard since Colin Wànker during the FA Cup final in 2014. The fucking insane irony of Murphy whining about diving when he played with Slippy G one of the worst divers the game has ever seen is mind blowing. :roll: :censored:

Second, great to hear Arteta was shouting at them at half time. It worked. We were far better second half and where in the first half we sat and let dirty Leeds come at us, in the second we scrapped and put them on the back foot.

Some awful performances from Holding and as usual Xhakatard but everyone else at least improved in the second half.

Lastly I've never heard so much utter bollocks spoken about the leeds manager Klopp-Lite. :roll: Another attention whore. Arrives out late to meet Arteta then either sits on a fucking blue bucket that he apparently brings everywhere with him :oops: or squats like a Navajo trying to track the white man that just ran off with his woman. :oops: :roll: All for the cameras. And all this utter gash about him being a great manager because baldy Pep once sucked his dick or some such shit? Every time the retarded commentary team mentioned Bucket Squatter it was horseshit like "he's a legend, a top manager.... even though he hasn't won much....". Well here's the thing you fuck heads - the top managers WIN TROPHIES. Lots of trophies. BBC Arseholes. :censored: :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Liked the niggle in the second half. We need much more than that - next test will be to see it in an away game.

augie

Post by augie »

Granted I was only watching the first half (without sound) in the clubhouse where my young lad plays, but I didn't see the tv camera's zoom in on any bust up - did anyone see it at the time ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... eds-fight/

Photo's can be taken out of context I know, but when you see another player step in it normally suggests more than your regular on pitch disagreement :rubchin: I'm not the type of guy that gets outraged on principle when 2 of his team are verbally bashing each other, but when xhaka is involved it is a whole different ball game for me - if I gave the bad pass that holding did (and it was a nothing pass), I still wouldn't take abuse from a guy like xhaka who doesn't want to be there :evil:

shu

Post by shu »

i would have given them a bollocking too. The first half was shite. Yes how Laca got motm when i thought in the first half he was crap. Holding as i pointed out is shit at passsing and has been found out. Xhaka and Ozil were crap , Xhaka well i remember the fouls but nothing else.

If arteta has any sense he will see the issues , after he said they didn't follow out his orders , fuck me we were bad.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:25 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:37 pm
Martinelli is really good...proves it evey time....
He 's my Favourite Arsenal player - with torreira a close second. :barscarf:
Ditto