Dirty Leeds|Home|FA Cup|Monday 6th January|7.56pm KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Dirty Leeds|Home|FA Cup|Monday 6th January|7.56pm KO

Post by Redarmy »

That first half performance has certainly given Arteta something to work on...if it had been any other team would have been comical it was that bad, looked like 11 strangers put together in a team with absolutely no footballing skills :D

Clash

Post by Clash »

I knew all kick-offs were delayed by 1 minute for the latest bandwagon / agenda football is pushing on us ... but it seems our players decided to take it further and kick off 46 mins late instead :roll:

Terrible first half and lucky not to go in losing. I was thinking the players were either knackered or had had enough of Arteta's new methods already. Something positive came out of it in the end though as it showed Arteta was prepared to have a go at the players at half time and was capable of getting a response! Something we havent had for years!

There was a real lack of quality and Nelson scuffed the ball in for the goal but it was nice to see the effort and tempo was back. The players need to be able to do this for 90 mins sooner rather than later though and after 3 successive home games we'll soon see if they can do it away from home too.

Being at the game meant I was fortunate to miss the BBC's coverage but I was told about it last night and reading some of the comments on here backs up what my mate said.

Danny Murphy is a massive prick for such a little guy. I can understand him hating us though. I remember him once saying he was at the 1987 Littlewoods cup final and I know from the 1988 final the next year that things like that scar you forever. There was a discussion on here recently about how so many of us hate Luton (although there are many reasons for that other than just that final). Add in what happened on 26 May 1989 though and you can see why Murhpy is bitter :lol: Whenever I was Mickey's goal I imagine the scouse kid throwing a massive wobbly behind the goal is little Danny Murphy :barscarf: !

However all this is the reason he should never be allowed to co-commentate on an Arsenal game! Totally inappropriate choice. Like pervy Pleat doing both that 88 final and the Anfield game :roll: . Lets not forget how bad ITV have been in the past too! But its funny how the BBC favour the underdog and push the romance of the cup narrative - unless its Liverpool or the scum! :roll:

Disappointing draw for round 4 but we should get through that! And I hope if we get to the latter stages Arteta isnt going to continue to with the ''FA Cup keeper'' thing. That really pisses me off! Leno should play! :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Well that's it in a nutshell the BBC only get the cast offs from football so the fa cup is their Zenith.
I take Zero notice of the pundits or commentator although I really would like to see gary lineker removed from all TV . He doesn't even realise that he is hated by all real football fans. Unfortunately neither does the BBC.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:06 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:25 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:37 pm
Martinelli is really good...proves it evey time....
He 's my Favourite Arsenal player - with torreira a close second. :barscarf:
Ditto
Maybe Arteta coming in might stop him being at a big club in 2 years,hes a tough little git and has great control,and is a natural finisher,and I hope he gets a few first team starts soon.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Thought he was lining up with a back three as didn't realise kolasinac was on the pitch for the first half. Holding looks a long way away from the assured player he was before his ACL went and probably needs a few games to regain his confidence. He is a much better player than that. If I was arteta I'd have been on the phone to hertha berlin telling they can take the fucker for free. A typical Xhaka performance and one that might have surprised Arteta. Guess he doesn't like being ignored by his players and good on him for bollocking the players.
A good reaction, hopefully the players will take note and understand that under mikel they cannot perform like that.

Although, got to say Leeds played the perfect first half and you can see the influence Bielsa has had on Guardiola and also Arteta. The playing out from the back, the movement and the harrassing from the front was implementment exactly the way it should be. I'd be surprised if Arteta didn't throw that into his half time rant.
No getting away from how impressed I was with Leeds in the first half. Their keeper was very decent, better than martinez and will probably replace Lloris in the french team. He'd be a good addition to our squad, especially with his competent distribution.

The fact the team turned it around in the second half indicates it is all in their attitude. They certainly have the quality but it is all down to their attitude. Amazing fact, it was Ozil's first FA Cup game since the 2017 Cup final. Staggering how that player has been pampered by the club. Given bournemouth's league position and the general disregard howe gives the cup this is a good draw for us.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:22 pm
Although, got to say Leeds played the perfect first half and you can see the influence Bielsa has had on Guardiola and also Arteta. The playing out from the back, the movement and the harrassing from the front was implementment exactly the way it should be. I'd be surprised if Arteta didn't throw that into his half time rant.
No getting away from how impressed I was with Leeds in the first half. Their keeper was very decent, better than martinez and will probably replace Lloris in the french team. He'd be a good addition to our squad, especially with his competent distribution.

The fact the team turned it around in the second half indicates it is all in their attitude. They certainly have the quality but it is all down to their attitude. Amazing fact, it was Ozil's first FA Cup game since the 2017 Cup final. Staggering how that player has been pampered by the club. Given bournemouth's league position and the general disregard howe gives the cup this is a good draw for us.
Leeds looked like a team that wanted to be there. First half we looked like we'd had enough football after the chavs and manure and the players - not Arteta - underestimated what they were facing. Leeds marked and pressed and we (mainly Xhaka) got caught in possession time and time again.

As somebody said earlier - we maybe just have thick players as they must have forgotten everything that Arteta has told them and reverted to type for the first half until he reminded them that we're not going to play like a bunch of pri.cks anymore. That said, who'd have genuinely fancied two wins out of three this week and that we were unlucky not to get something from the chavs.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:05 am
Firstly can I just say fuck off Danny Murphy. :censored: Fucking hypocritical whining little cùnt. The most biased co-commentator I've heard since Colin Wànker during the FA Cup final in 2014. The fucking insane irony of Murphy whining about diving when he played with Slippy G one of the worst divers the game has ever seen is mind blowing. :roll: :censored:

Second, great to hear Arteta was shouting at them at half time. It worked. We were far better second half and where in the first half we sat and let dirty Leeds come at us, in the second we scrapped and put them on the back foot.

Some awful performances from Holding and as usual Xhakatard but everyone else at least improved in the second half.

Lastly I've never heard so much utter bollocks spoken about the leeds manager Klopp-Lite. :roll: Another attention whore. Arrives out late to meet Arteta then either sits on a fucking blue bucket that he apparently brings everywhere with him :oops: or squats like a Navajo trying to track the white man that just ran off with his woman. :oops: :roll: All for the cameras. And all this utter gash about him being a great manager because baldy Pep once sucked his dick or some such shit? Every time the retarded commentary team mentioned Bucket Squatter it was horseshit like "he's a legend, a top manager.... even though he hasn't won much....". Well here's the thing you fuck heads - the top managers WIN TROPHIES. Lots of trophies. BBC Arseholes. :censored: :roll:

Awww! DB mate where you been, missed your inciteful, accurate appraisal of game, players and especially oppo manager and the CuntPundits

:cheekkiss:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm
Oi, I won’t hear a bad word against Alex Scott....I just banged one out to her there during HT :barscarf:
Ah you like your women to look a little braindead huh? :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:16 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:22 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:36 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:31 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:23 pm
I’d rather see Mustafi play than Holding :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Rodders you MUST be on Drugs! Either that or you need to be. :D :wink:
He’s been dire tonight, passing the ball to a Leeds player 9 times outta 10.
Agree 100%. But you're deffo either on drugs or need to be anyway. :lol: :wink:
I’ve been on drugs since Wenger’s second last contract extension, I thought we all were 8)

Tru DAT! :high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Oi, I won’t hear a bad word against Alex Scott....I just banged one out to her there during HT :barscarf:
Feckin' Slaaaaaaaaaaaaag! :box:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We won the game and particularly in the cup, that's all that counts.

However, lets get this absolutely straight - the first half performance was as pathetic as anything served up under Wenger, Emery or Freddie. Bullied by a Championship side with Leeds having as many attempts on target in one half as some teams did against us towards the end of Emery's reign (something he was slated for). Thank the lord for Patrick Bamford - a proven failure at the top level and the sort of powder puff who could have played till midnight and not scored. Had Dirty Leeds had a half decent PL striker (and I mean half decent like Ings, Pukki or Maupay rather than an absolute worldie) we would have been buried at half time

However, the second half reaction was fantastic and Arteta and the players deserve a lot of credit for that and in the end we should have probably won by three, where as at half time it is no exaggeration to say we should have been down by three

With the exception of the United game we are playing in fits and starts and its abundantly clear that this group of players will need an overhaul, as will the entire training and coaching regime if this new style is going to lead us to great things. Encouraging signs but some players who won't make it

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

rodders999 wrote:
Natalie Sawyer was down at Griffin Park over xmas, wearing a sparkly seethrough top and black push up bra.

Her tits are still lush :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clash wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:21 am
I knew all kick-offs were delayed by 1 minute for the latest bandwagon / agenda football is pushing on us ... but it seems our players decided to take it further and kick off 46 mins late instead :roll:

Terrible first half and lucky not to go in losing. I was thinking the players were either knackered or had had enough of Arteta's new methods already. Something positive came out of it in the end though as it showed Arteta was prepared to have a go at the players at half time and was capable of getting a response! Something we havent had for years!

There was a real lack of quality and Nelson scuffed the ball in for the goal but it was nice to see the effort and tempo was back. The players need to be able to do this for 90 mins sooner rather than later though and after 3 successive home games we'll soon see if they can do it away from home too.

Being at the game meant I was fortunate to miss the BBC's coverage but I was told about it last night and reading some of the comments on here backs up what my mate said.

Danny Murphy is a massive prick for such a little guy. I can understand him hating us though. I remember him once saying he was at the 1987 Littlewoods cup final and I know from the 1988 final the next year that things like that scar you forever. There was a discussion on here recently about how so many of us hate Luton (although there are many reasons for that other than just that final). Add in what happened on 26 May 1989 though and you can see why Murhpy is bitter :lol: Whenever I was Mickey's goal I imagine the scouse kid throwing a massive wobbly behind the goal is little Danny Murphy :barscarf: !

However all this is the reason he should never be allowed to co-commentate on an Arsenal game! Totally inappropriate choice. Like pervy Pleat doing both that 88 final and the Anfield game :roll: . Lets not forget how bad ITV have been in the past too! But its funny how the BBC favour the underdog and push the romance of the cup narrative - unless its Liverpool or the scum! :roll:

Disappointing draw for round 4 but we should get through that! And I hope if we get to the latter stages Arteta isnt going to continue to with the ''FA Cup keeper'' thing. That really pisses me off! Leno should play! :banghead:
Lovely post Clash - I had the great pleasure of explaining to Wrighty once on talksport how after seeing Micky’s goal so many times, I now instead look at the little scouser going apeshit ( there are also a few Gooners in with the scousers lhs of the goal )
:barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

FA Cup

Bournemouth vs Arsenal confirmed for Monday, January 27th. 8pm kick-off.

Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Will it be on the Beeb again?