Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by A11M11 »

I am expecting to see a lot of diving/falling over from xhaka and the douzi.

Don't forget that Saha will be doing it too and he will do it for penalties as opposed to free kicks.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:53 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:49 pm
Reckon we'll win 3-1 :barscarf:

Interesting fact for you guys:- Sydenham Hill (the home of Crystal Palace fc) once housed the Crystal Palace from 1854 until it was destroyed by a fire on 30th November 1936 :typing:
I'm intrigued. Arson or accidental fire?

Or maybe it was Arsene? :rubchin:

Yep I'm deffo slipping back into blame everything on him mode ! :lol:
The cause of the fire is unknown to this day and there was never an official enquiry. However there was accusations of arson (or Arsene :wink: ), and we do know that Clashes grandad was known to be near the area at the time :rubchin:

:D

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:23 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:01 pm
StuartL wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:43 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:

Interesting fact for you guys:- Sydenham Hill (the home of Crystal Palace fc) once housed the Crystal Palace from 1854 until it was destroyed by a fire on 30th November 1936 :typing:
Interesting fact no 2

When I lived in Streatham we were bussed over to Crystal Palace for swimming lessons as my school didn’t have a pool

Couldn't you have just gone ice skating instead :-P
Interesting fact no 3 , I didn’t go ice skating at Streatham until after I had moved away to Nr Southend !
Interesting fact no 8

I have never been ice skating :cry:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:23 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:01 pm
StuartL wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:43 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:

Interesting fact no 2

When I lived in Streatham we were bussed over to Crystal Palace for swimming lessons as my school didn’t have a pool

Couldn't you have just gone ice skating instead :-P
Interesting fact no 3 , I didn’t go ice skating at Streatham until after I had moved away to Nr Southend !

So you spent some of your formative years in the vicinity of Tots :lol: No don't tell me, you didn't go to Tots until you had moved away to the next place.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:11 am
Another one of the tight/small grounds that we have had so much trouble in recent years, and fcuk knows how we will get on here (as Steve O rightly says). If they score first then I cant see us getting anything from this game cos, to be fair to the palace fans, they do get well behind their team and create a decent atmosphere when they are winning. I am expecting to see a lot of diving/falling over from xhaka and the douzi (if he gets brought on), cos it is truly embarrassing watching them collapse every time an opposition player even breathes on them :oops: :oops: I would also think that this is not a game or pitch that will suit ozil, and if I recall properly last season saw one of ozil's worst games since he came to the club, and the level of criticism of him from the fans and media afterwards went up significantly.

I honestly cant predict how this will go - this is one of those games where I would go a bit more direct than usual, so I would either go 4-3-1-2 or your traditional 4-4-2, cos playing 2 plus ozil in the middle of the park will not work
Honestly couldn't disagree more with the bit in red augs. I hate that shit tedious "Continental" style atmosphere they try to create. Fucked if I know how that shit could inspire or intimidate anyone! Irritate them and bore the bollocks off them, yes deffo..... but anything else? No.. :roll: :censored:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:06 pm
Interesting fact no.6 - my mate frog-eyed Benny used to live in the area ... said he moved away because the electric bills were inexplicably high :shock:
:lol: :lol:

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:00 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:57 pm
Herd wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:32 pm
I'm seriously worried about a lot of comments on here regarding Arteta ,as if each game is a massive hurdle to vault over and if we fail it questions his very existence at the club.
The job he needs to do will take time,and hopefully will involve purging the club of the toxicity that permeates every crevice.
Have to agree. It's been what 4 games under him? No point in looking at every little setback or slip up as a portent of future doom. What he's trying to do will take months - probably a year or two - and there will be banana skins along the way.
I wonder if we will we become a club that demands a managers head after 6 months now because we aint competing,
Dunno, is it becoming one of the easiest jobs in football.Put together a solid defence for first time in 15 years,and a midfield with even a small bit of cop and you are safe.A lot of fans,lontermers anyhow,would settle for that in the short to medium term.Imagine a defence and midfield with boots fitted with studs rather than self destruct buttons.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Never liked Palace. They're a nothing, pointless and irrelevant part of London football with a bunch of supporters who are all whiny, live at home with mummy and daddy in fucking Purley or wherever and work in the accounts department of a IT repair shop or B&Q. And then there's that shithole of a ground which is the single most boring and anonymous pile of crap in British football. Fucking hell.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:41 am
Never liked Palace. They're a nothing, pointless and irrelevant part of London football with a bunch of supporters who are all whiny, live at home with mummy and daddy in fucking Purley or wherever and work in the accounts department of a IT repair shop or B&Q. And then there's that shithole of a ground which is the single most boring and anonymous pile of crap in British football. Fucking hell.
Awww Come ON Mate..Don't Hold Back.. Tell Us How You Really Feel! :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I was going to watch this down the Old A with some mates tomorrow and I've just been told by the manager that the person schedules to cover emergencies from 8am to 4pm has just phoned in 'sick' that person(aka: GobshitCUNT) is a scouser..and gues what he's going to the scum game in London...

I know this from a very trusted source/ colleague...

So Plan A that will stitch the gobshiteCUNT up and maybe the tin tack... He is meant to be catching the train at 9am - get piccies of him boarding the train (in his liVARpool shirt & scarf ( a fellow Gooner has agreed to assist in this ) and send those piccies immediately to the manager?

What do you think? I am being a tad too vengeful? Or am I right to cut the CUNNTS Legs off from under him?

Votes & Opinions Please?

I mean I say Yes, purely for the fact that he's a gobshite scouseCUNT who is always giving it large about Klopp & Co.

However, it may cost him his job and he is one of the very few scouseCUNTS I know of who actually has a job.

:|

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:41 am
Yup, I'm with this. For years there used to be more people in their stupid Sainsburys extension than in the ground unless the mighty arse were in town. Also it always takes about 4 days driving to get there from north London. That terrace was always fu.cking freezing in winter and for years we never escaped it what with Wimbledon and Charlton sharing the place at one time or other. A dump.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:31 pm
I was going to watch this down the Old A with some mates tomorrow and I've just been told by the manager that the person schedules to cover emergencies from 8am to 4pm has just phoned in 'sick' that person(aka: GobshitCUNT) is a scouser..and gues what he's going to the scum game in London...

So Plan A that will stitch the gobshiteCUNT up and maybe the tin tack... He is meant to be catching the train at 9am - get piccies of him boarding the train (in his liVARpool shirt & scarf ( a fellow Gooner has agreed to assist in this ) and send those piccies immediately to the manager?

What do you think? I am being a tad too vengeful? Or am I right to cut the CUNNTS Legs off from under him?

Votes & Opinions Please?

I mean I say Yes, purely for the fact that he's a gobshite scouseCUNT who is always giving it large about Klopp & Co.

However, it may cost him his job and he is one of the very few scouseCUNTS I know of who actually has a job.

Fuck him.

He's a scouser. He's robbing your boss. He's costing you your day off. He's a scouser. He's a dishonest prick. He's a scouser.

Hang the cùnt. 8)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:27 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Votes & Opinions Please?

Fuck him.

He's a scouser. He's robbing your boss. He's costing you your day off. He's a scouser. He's a dishonest prick. He's a scouser.

Hang the cùnt. 8)

Grass him up. Does he really do any work and he's bound to be nicking more from the business than he makes for it.

You'd be doing him a favour by returning him to his spiritual default position on the dole - you know he'd be happier that way.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:

Votes & Opinions Please?

Absolutely tell the boss on the cúnt. What a fucking surprise. A bin-dipper not working and lying. Fucking grass the *word censored* up for being a selfish fucking twat. Fuck him, what a fucking prick. Let the cùnt know that unlike Heysel, there are consequences for them. Hope the *word censored* gets the sack.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

0-4. Palace's available XI is dreadful.