VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: VAR

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:34 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:25 am
Redstar wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:16 pm
Would people be happy with a time cap on decisions? That seems to be what peeves most crowds at games off. I'm thinking 30 seconds max!
Might work.

For me the worst part is that it has ruined that burst of joy and excitement that you get when a goal is scored. You now have to wait anything from 1 minute to 5 minutes to see if the goal will be allowed or not. It's also killing the flow of the game and making it more like tedium ball or "rugby" as some of you call it - stop start stop start. :roll:

Personally I'd hand the power back to the referees. As bad as many are, VAR has not ruled out wrong decisions. At least with the refs the decision is quick and doesn't kill the flow of the game.

I'd give each manager one maybe two opportunities per half to "challenge" a refs decision through VAR. And that is all. Once they use those challenges that's it. You'd find that the managers would only request VAR for serious stuff like penalties or violent conduct / red cards.
Yup...That's the One.

All the other Poxbollocks can go fuckk itself along with the cuntiestUberMegaCUNTS mike (I'm fergies gimp) riley and mike (I'm a po-faced paedo) dean...both of who are such cuntts they actually deserve to serve life in a Brazilian prison.

The 30 second decision idea simply comes back to Riley & Co deliberately misinterpreting the "clear and obvious" issued guidelines.

'Clear and obvious' is supposed to be just that so it shouldn't even take 30 seconds to decide. If you look at an incident and it doesn't immediately jump out as being a clear and obvious mistake then the refs are supposed to leave well alone. So when they look at something and think 'ooh that's close to offside' unless they can see that it is definitely offside then they aren't supposed to get involved. But they can't help but fu.ck it up because they are all a bunch of cu.nts and as long as said bunch of cu.nts are involved in the process they will continue to fu.ck it up.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... t-VAR.html

So Liverpool's lead would have been halved huh...….Tell us something we don't know :?

I remember a while back on Soccer Saturday, a Palace goal was ruled out by VAR and Merson blurted out "Why not just hand the title to Liverpool now" Basically saying what a lot of people are thinking. Probably got slapped down off air for that indiscretion.

Ironically what is needed for VAR to be changed is one HUGE decision to go against Liverpool but of course that is not going to happen, so until they have the title safely won, we are stuck with it in it's current format :banghead: :banghead:

Howls of protest from the Victims fans is what is required for change.......if they complain, the FA acts. Unfortunately, at the moment, it looks like VAR was brought in to give them a leg up.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Much prefer VAR when it’s fucking over West Ham in stoppage time.

Can see myself buying into it if it keeps that up.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

As was correctly pointed out within the media this morning, the decision to rule out West Ham's 'goal' had very little to do with VAR and everything to do with the rule change for use of the hand/arm leading directly to a goal. VAR simply spotted it, but the referee's discretion in that situation has now been removed and there was no choice but to rule out the goal

Declan Rice the latest twat to say how the majority of footballers want rid of it - such a backward looking game. As far as I'm aware the only sport that doesn't want technology to make it fairer and more accurate

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:08 pm
Much prefer VAR when it’s fucking over West Ham in stoppage time.

Can see myself buying into it if it keeps that up.
VAR going throgh a 'good guy' stage :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:51 am
As was correctly pointed out within the media this morning, the decision to rule out West Ham's 'goal' had very little to do with VAR and everything to do with the rule change for use of the hand/arm leading directly to a goal. VAR simply spotted it, but the referee's discretion in that situation has now been removed and there was no choice but to rule out the goal

Declan Rice the latest twat to say how the majority of footballers want rid of it - such a backward looking game. As far as I'm aware the only sport that doesn't want technology to make it fairer and more accurate
Absolute bollocks StevO. How many of those "forward thinking" sports are or were even 1% as watchable or enjoyable as football? Fucking none mate none.

Also where is this "fairer more accurate" thing coming from? VAR is not fairer or more accurate often enough to justify the huge negative impact it has had. I'll say it again just because technology is available does not mean we should necessarily use that technology.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:00 pm
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... t-VAR.html

So Liverpool's lead would have been halved huh...….Tell us something we don't know :?

I remember a while back on Soccer Saturday, a Palace goal was ruled out by VAR and Merson blurted out "Why not just hand the title to Liverpool now" Basically saying what a lot of people are thinking. Probably got slapped down off air for that indiscretion.

Ironically what is needed for VAR to be changed is one HUGE decision to go against Liverpool but of course that is not going to happen, so until they have the title safely won, we are stuck with it in it's current format :banghead: :banghead:

Howls of protest from the Victims fans is what is required for change.......if they complain, the FA acts. Unfortunately, at the moment, it looks like VAR was brought in to give them a leg up.
Yep I read that earlier. What a surprise huh.... :roll: Fucking LiVARpool.... :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

VAR is a fucking disgrace. Fuck off. :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

My issue with VAR's red card decision for Aubameyang today is that sooner or later the same foul won't be a red card after a VAR review. And some pundit/ref will agree with it then contradicting himself because he agreed the opposite today.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:34 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Absolute bollocks StevO. How many of those "forward thinking" sports are or were even 1% as watchable or enjoyable as football? Fucking none mate none.

Also where is this "fairer more accurate" thing coming from? VAR is not fairer or more accurate often enough to justify the huge negative impact it has had. I'll say it again just because technology is available does not mean we should necessarily use that technology.
There are thousands of people who watch those sports and enjoy them perfectly well. You and I prefer football and so do many others - doesn't mean that for thousands/millions around the world that the other sports aren't enjoyable

We are just using the technology abysmally. This country couldn't produce a single referee for the last World Cup (and per-leeeeease anyone spare me the old shit about the Russian influence) and rightly so.....they are absolutely fucking awful, as proven today and endless times every week in the PL. The refs in the Europa League are better than the shit we watch every week......and you want to rely solely on them with no assistance? Jesus man

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Its not VAR its the handball rule.Any ball that hits the hand is now a handball deliberate or not. When i saw the replay first time i said handball and by the letter of the law it had to be disallowed. And as Rice is a *word censored* that made it even better :barscarf: :barscarf:

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Its not VAR its the handball rule.Any ball that hits the hand is now a handball deliberate or not. When i saw the replay first time i said handball and by the letter of the law it had to be disallowed. And as Rice is a c**t that made it even better :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Anyone see the leg breaker that Robertson has just put in on that new player the scum ? If auba's was a justified red, then Robertson should be facing the death penalty, but of course the murdering c.unts were awarded a throw in :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:56 pm
Anyone see the leg breaker that Robertson has just put in on that new player the scum ? If auba's was a justified red, then Robertson should be facing the death penalty, but of course the murdering c.unts were awarded a throw in :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yep. The inconsistency, the open cheating, the fucking terrible predictability of it is killing this league. Shameful shit where refs, VAR arseholes (and some fans) don't know the difference between a proper attempt at a leg breaker and a mistimed non violent attempt to get the ball.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:05 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:56 pm
Yep. The inconsistency, the open cheating, the fucking terrible predictability of it is killing this league. Shameful shit where refs, VAR arseholes (and some fans) don't know the difference between a proper attempt at a leg breaker and a mistimed non violent attempt to get the ball.
There's the problem - shit refs, not technology. The standard of refereeing in this country is utterly shameful