Arsenal slipping down the Financial League

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Arsenal slipping down the Financial League

Post by nut flush gooner »

If ever evidence of our standing as a big global club has slipped in the last few years this is it. Our revenue last season was less than in 2015.

Yet we pay Ozil, Xhaka and Mustafi just under £30m pa or 7% of our total income. Criminal.

We are now the 6th biggest club in England going by revenue alone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51092320

SteveO 35

Re: Arsenal slipping down the Financial League

Post by SteveO 35 »

Love seeing this......and all the while he is owner long may it continue for our only hope is that he sees his 'investment' going up in smoke and fucks off. Its not my money so I couldn't give a shit, and I support the team not the balance sheet.

We will never get back into the CL with him as owner, the crowds will only get smaller and eventually the club will be less attractive to commercial partners than those clubs with proper ambition

The bloke has a track record of owning mediocre sports franchises

He'll relegate us within the next 3 years too

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:19 am
Love seeing this......and all the while he is owner long may it continue for our only hope is that he sees his 'investment' going up in smoke and fucks off. Its not my money so I couldn't give a shit, and I support the team not the balance sheet.

We will never get back into the CL with him as owner, the crowds will only get smaller and eventually the club will be less attractive to commercial partners than those clubs with proper ambition

Am I right in thinking that we are his only sports team that can be relegated?

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:

People tried telling me that from Kroenke's point of view it wouldn't be worth investing his money in the team unless it was fairly certain that they would win the league - people tried telling me that Kroenke' self sustaining business model will work better for him cos there is no financial risk to his own money - I disagreed. Kroenke doesn't sell his sports "franchises" so his stay with us was always gonna be long term, but imo it is a long term plan with short term vision. We are not the only rodeo in town and it was inevitable that our income was gonna take a massive hit the longer we went without success - the better players, the bigger sponsors, the tourist fans etc. were always gonna drift towards the more successful clubs that are receiving more publicity. The more we drift, the less time we will be live on tv, to the point that we will be on the minimum amount of times guaranteed to every club in tv deals.

Less income + less exposure = a significantly devalued asset.

You would hope that somewhere along the line the penny drops for the wig wearing c.unt, but then again he has so much money that he probably wont give a flying fcuk :roll: :censored: :censored: :banghead: :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:06 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

People tried telling me that from Kroenke's point of view it wouldn't be worth investing his money in the team unless it was fairly certain that they would win the league - people tried telling me that Kroenke' self sustaining business model will work better for him cos there is no financial risk to his own money - I disagreed. Kroenke doesn't sell his sports "franchises" so his stay with us was always gonna be long term, but imo it is a long term plan with short term vision. We are not the only rodeo in town and it was inevitable that our income was gonna take a massive hit the longer we went without success - the better players, the bigger sponsors, the tourist fans etc. were always gonna drift towards the more successful clubs that are receiving more publicity. The more we drift, the less time we will be live on tv, to the point that we will be on the minimum amount of times guaranteed to every club in tv deals.

You would hope that somewhere along the line the penny drops for the wig wearing c.unt, but then again he has so much money that he probably wont give a flying fcuk :roll: :censored: :censored: :banghead: :banghead:
I dont agree about the less time on TV bit.
We are currently struggling to get in the top half of the table, yet after this Saturday our next FIVE league games are live on TV.

couple of reasons - more and more live games with the new TV contracts and also our fanbase is significantly bigger than say Bournemouth and so we will always be attractive to broadcasters no matter how shit we are.

Steveo - your point about us getting relegated in next 3 years is very unlikely - have you seen how poor the clubs below us are ?
yes we have been on a bad run but we have still only lost 6 times in the league this season - this is the kind of performance that Bournemouth, Norwich, Villa etc can only dream of.

nut flush gooner

TV income is a massive reason why Wiggy doesn't give a shit about investing in the club. He can sit on his fat backside and watch the likes of SKY, BT and now Amazon make ridiculous bids for TV rights. Arsenal will always be featured in live games most weekends. I've been to hardly any Saturday 3pm games this season.

Just being in the PL is worth hundreds of millions to the club, more than gate receipts these days.

Clash

Post by Clash »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:37 am
TV income is a massive reason why Wiggy doesn't give a shit about investing in the club. He can sit on his fat backside and watch the likes of SKY, BT and now Amazon make ridiculous bids for TV rights. Arsenal will always be featured in live games most weekends. I've been to hardly any Saturday 3pm games this season.

Just being in the PL is worth hundreds of millions to the club, more than gate receipts these days.
100% agree with this unfortunately!

We are caught in a trap here. Stan gets what he wants without investing anything and we cannot get him out if he refuses to go! :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:33 am
augie wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:06 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

I dont agree about the less time on TV bit.
We are currently struggling to get in the top half of the table, yet after this Saturday our next FIVE league games are live on TV.

couple of reasons - more and more live games with the new TV contracts and also our fanbase is significantly bigger than say Bournemouth and so we will always be attractive to broadcasters no matter how shit we are.

Steveo - your point about us getting relegated in next 3 years is very unlikely - have you seen how poor the clubs below us are ?
yes we have been on a bad run but we have still only lost 6 times in the league this season - this is the kind of performance that Bournemouth, Norwich, Villa etc can only dream of.

I didn't say it would happen straight away

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

This may be the only league table that concentrates Stan's mind..Or am I hoping for too much?

Herd

Post by Herd »

The self sustaining model was always just an excuse ,but when TOF refused to use the cash bank in a rapidly climbing transfer market he consigned us to the also rans.
At one time we had the corporate market sewn up but the new swamp,west spam,and even Chelsea's corporate capability has increased dramaticaly .
Our football has been awful and boring for some years and businesses have simply stopped paying up for our boxes.
It has to be said too that the f n b except in the Diamond club is utter gash and it's very expensive. The club are in the process of converting some of the boxes into pop up high end restaurants but as usual they dont really know what their doing.
The clubs current business model will be an ever decreasing spiral of investment but Arsenal are a big name and we would have to be relegated before Stans investment would go sour.

nut flush gooner

By my reckoning, Kroenke has bought all his shares for under £1bn which ultimately gave him full ownership of the club.

Valuations of Arsenal are around the £1.7/£1.8bn mark. Nice work for no investment in the team.

The really sad thing is if Kroenke had a little ambition Arsenal would be worth twice what it is worth today.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:48 pm
By my reckoning, Kroenke has bought all his shares for under £1bn which ultimately gave him full ownership of the club.

Valuations of Arsenal are around the £1.7/£1.8bn mark. Nice work for no investment in the team.

The really sad thing is if Kroenke had a little ambition Arsenal would be worth twice what it is worth today.
How True.

Trophies/ Success bring rewards both on and Off the pitch.

Wig Wearing CuntBag :banghead:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

As long as the profit and loss account shows a figure which is acceptable to wiggy at the end of the year then he won't bat an eyelid.

He paid just over a billion for 100% of a club currently valued in the region of £1.75bn. As long as we stay in the PL - which we will - then the value of the club is always going to exceed his stake. The rest is just background noise to a billionaire.

The only thing that would scare the old wig wearing cu.nt is if we reached a point where a European Super League was formed and we had managed to slide to a point whereby we weren't invited to join. Of course we are part of that particular big boys club that have their meetings so if there was a genuine push for a new league then we would have sufficient notice to start to sort our shit out. That would allow wiggy to invest in the team to a point where we were an attractive enough proposition for inclusion if our heritage wasn't enough to get us in at that time.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Where's Flash? He always loves a good financial debate he does. :D :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:14 am
Where's Flash? He always loves a good financial debate he does. :D :wink:
He’s busy, said something about emperor Ming, and saving the world....