OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: OZIL - Merged Thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Quality journalism :box: :censored: :shock:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nothing wrong with the Sun :barscarf: You poncey liberal types can fu.ck off back to your Guardian. Do-gooder wan.kers the lot of you :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 pm
Nothing wrong with the Sun :barscarf: You poncey liberal types can fu.ck off back to your Guardian. Do-gooder wan.kers the lot of you :lol:
:lol:

One word I don't think anyone has ever used in relation to me is "liberal".

"Cùnt" a few times certainly but "liberal" no. :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:39 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 pm

One word I don't think anyone has ever used in relation to me is "liberal".

"Cùnt" a few times certainly but "liberal" no. :D

If I'm throwing insults about.....watch out I don't play nice :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Are you still a big fan DB10?

This bloke is a disgrace to our beloved shirt

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:34 am
Are you still a big fan DB10?

This bloke is a disgrace to our beloved shirt
Hmmm..... apart from Bergkamp 8) I've never really done the whole fanboy thing. :lol:

I think Ozil was a world class player when shit for brains signed him. I think TOF totally fucked up not building a team around his ability to create chances - in a similar way that he fucked up not building a team around the chav rat Fabregas at his peak. I think Ozil should never have been given the 350k a week contract. I think he can still deliver some quality in a team without quality. I also think he is way past his best and not worth half that 350k for what he delivers.

Like the chav rat Fabregas he has to go down as a missed opportunity and ultimately both their times with us have to be considered failures.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I think tonight's game has proven that even after the improvement of effort by ozil under arteta, he (ozil) has run his course in English football. Time for him to move on to Italy. No goals and 1 assist in last 13 games from our main playmaker is just not good enough. I think arteta will continue to use him unless cellabos decides he wants to stay rather than become a madrid legend?

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

£350,000 per week player. :suicide:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:01 am

Stats. :roll: :lol: Ffs look at those stats. Look at the number of games some of those players have played. Then throw in your other qualifiers and your quantifier. Are they in settled teams with other top class players? Are there more than one striker that can finish chances to turn them into assists? Have they changed manager and system 3 or 4 times? How is their midfield laid out - good DM to do the work, outlets on the wing to help progress play or is your number 10 left with no option but to try retain posession?

Ozil is not the player he was, he shouldn't be on anywhere near 350k a week and he is not consistent - but just fucking a list of raw stars into a discussion is lazy shit. :roll:

Did you know we once had a player in the shit later Wenger era with a 98% pass completion rate? Fucking amazing huh? Can you guess who that was?

markyp

Post by markyp »

The home game against the chavs and utd showed that for ozil to be effective we have to play a high pressing game at 100mph,both games he was sublime,chavs had to resort to hacking him down to contain him.sadly the team arent fit enough or good enough to play it week in week out so for the most ozil is a passenger which is what weve witnessed for most of artetas reign.like tony Adam's said ozil is the cherry on the cake but unfortunately we dont have a cake right now

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 am
SydneyGooner wrote:

Stats. :roll: :lol: Ffs look at those stats. Look at the number of games some of those players have played. Then throw in your other qualifiers and your quantifier. Are they in settled teams with other top class players? Are there more than one striker that can finish chances to turn them into assists? Have they changed manager and system 3 or 4 times? How is their midfield laid out - good DM to do the work, outlets on the wing to help progress play or is your number 10 left with no option but to try retain posession?

Ozil is not the player he was, he shouldn't be on anywhere near 350k a week and he is not consistent - but just fucking a list of raw stars into a discussion is lazy shit. :roll:

Did you know we once had a player in the shit later Wenger era with a 98% pass completion rate? Fucking amazing huh? Can you guess who that was?
Denilson? :rubchin:

Whatever way you want to look at it he's fucking 103rd in the league for goals and assists combined after two years. He's far too talented a player to be this piss poor in terms of production as the number 10 regardless of the state of the team over two years.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 am
SydneyGooner wrote:

Denilson? :rubchin:

Whatever way you want to look at it he's fucking 103rd in the league for goals and assists combined after two years. He's far too talented a player to be this piss poor in terms of production as the number 10 regardless of the state of the team over two years.
Yep Legohead Denilson. One of the worst players to ever wear our jersey. But still 98% pass completion..... :roll: until you look at and qualify those passes completed stats.

Unqualified stats say whatever the person putting them forward wants them to say. Can't disagree we are not getting near enough return from Ozil though. Especially considering the insane money we pay him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:30 pm
The home game against the chavs and utd showed that for ozil to be effective we have to play a high pressing game at 100mph,both games he was sublime,chavs had to resort to hacking him down to contain him.sadly the team arent fit enough or good enough to play it week in week out so for the most ozil is a passenger which is what weve witnessed for most of artetas reign.like tony Adam's said ozil is the cherry on the cake but unfortunately we dont have a cake right now
Agreed 100%. He's the ultimate luxury player and as such is limited in his effectiveness unless everything is just right for him. The cake analogy is quite accurate.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Trolling of the highest order (sadly not intentional).....

Elneny met ozil in Istanbul today and along with a picture, elneny titled his twitter post “mr assist, always nice to see you...” :shock:

How Long has elneny been gone? 3 years?? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:27 pm
Trolling of the highest order (sadly not intentional).....

Elneny met ozil in Istanbul today and along with a picture, elneny titled his twitter post “mr assist, always nice to see you...” :shock:

How Long has elneny been gone? 3 years?? :lol:

How long since Ozil made an assist? Two years? :lol: