other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:37 pm
The fantastic turnaround job at Watford under Pearson continues

Joined on 9th December with the team bottom of the league with 1 win from 16 games and a total of 9 points. Nobody has ever survived from such a hopeless position

2-0 at Bournemouth and about to jump out of the bottom three, gaining 13 points from 6 games

Obviously not as credible as our 1-1 draw at Bournemouth
and average of less than 1.2 points since Emery's departure ! I mean we've had to tackle the likes of Brighton, Norwich and Palace in that tough run of games

Why do those championing arteta and the so called improvements, not acknowledge that results show a different story ? Lets look at reality here - since December 1st Bournemouth have been beaten by palace, burnley, brighton, the shammers and now Watford, and every single one of those teams are deeply in the shit but we are supposed to feel encouraged by our draw there ?? Do me a fcuking favour :roll: I can already here the excuses coming about how it was a good point considering where our morale is/was, but yet every single one of those teams was in a much worse position than us, and if you picked the best combined 11 out of all those teams, they still wouldn't be as good ON PAPER as what we have :oops: :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Those fucking pricks Villa "ave you won the European Cup" and "Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that"

Enjoy the Championship again cockwombles

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:04 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:37 pm
The fantastic turnaround job at Watford under Pearson continues

Joined on 9th December with the team bottom of the league with 1 win from 16 games and a total of 9 points. Nobody has ever survived from such a hopeless position

2-0 at Bournemouth and about to jump out of the bottom three, gaining 13 points from 6 games

Obviously not as credible as our 1-1 draw at Bournemouth
and average of less than 1.2 points since Emery's departure ! I mean we've had to tackle the likes of Brighton, Norwich and Palace in that tough run of games

Why do those championing arteta and the so called improvements, not acknowledge that results show a different story ? Lets look at reality here - since December 1st Bournemouth have been beaten by palace, burnley, brighton, the shammers and now Watford, and every single one of those teams are deeply in the shit but we are supposed to feel encouraged by our draw there ?? Do me a fcuking favour :roll: I can already here the excuses coming about how it was a good point considering where our morale is/was, but yet every single one of those teams was in a much worse position than us, and if you picked the best combined 11 out of all those teams, they still wouldn't be as good ON PAPER as what we have :oops: :oops:
Everyone and their dog have beaten Bournemouth in recent times and today.......0-3 against a relegation rival sums it up. 90 minutes of huff and puff from us down there and scrambled a 1-1 draw.

Watch us huff and puff against their reserves in a fortnight's time too

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

asshole villa just got raped at home by man $hitty - Apparently Grealish was falling over/going down like a whore in a brothel again...diving cheating toe rag

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:53 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:48 pm
Just surpassed it. Still not better than Henry.

Like I said, as a natural goal scorer, nobody in the premier league history comes anywhere near close to aguero
He has also overtaken most hat tricks ( by Shearer ) now out in his own

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:23 pm
augie wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:

Like I said, as a natural goal scorer, nobody in the premier league history comes anywhere near close to aguero
He has also overtaken most hat tricks ( by Shearer ) now out in his own

And I believe I heard a stat lately that no player has scored as many goals against the other big 6 teams as aguero has - man is different gravy 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Agüero class but not Henry.

That is all.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Watching City tear Villa apart one cannot believe they are so far behind the victims. Some of their football is mesmerising at times....I've never seen the dippers play like that. Looking at the table you would think there is a chasm between the teams, but there isn't, I think City play the better football.

I hope the victims win the title early, then the last part of their season is crammed full of disappointments, losing for the first time, CL & FA Cup defeats, in fact, losing both finals will be even better. Let their season end with a bad taste in the mouth, winning the league a distant memory. Is that being spiteful :? :?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Just a small lesson from history. Nottingham forest won the league title during their 42 game unbeaten run, and finished 2nd in the season their unbeaten run ended. Arsenal also won the league title during the 49 unbeaten run and finished second in the season that run ended. Manchester United ended both Arsenal's and Chelsea's unbeaten runs in the premier league. Wouldn't it be great if history repeated itself again!!
It probably won't but would be funny.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Two Wolves officials sitting behind Nuno Esprito Santo were clearly laughing and looking around the stadium tonight when the attendance was announced at Old Trafford.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:

Fuck the PL augs. Here's an interesting article about one of the very few scum players I don't despise - probably because he always had good things to say about the Arsenal even once admitting in an interview that we were by far the bigger club:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... reference/

Sorry it's not from The Sun.... :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:13 am
augie wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:

Fuck the PL augs. Here's an interesting article about one of the very few scum players I don't despise - probably because he always had good things to say about the Arsenal even once admitting in an interview that we were by far the bigger club:

:lol:

Yeah! I remember when the saturday morning/midday Footie TV was Saints & Greavesy…

He did punditry for a while and always gave a proper balanced view and knew the game inside out.

Sad that drink get the better of him :?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:

They had one of the best strikers in the world, of his generation, still couldn't win the league.
Greaves and Best the '60's equivalent of Ronaldo and Messi.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:

They had one of the best strikers in the world, of his generation, still couldn't win the league.
Greaves and Best the '60's equivalent of Ronaldo and Messi.
Which one was a ladyboy? :shock:

It was Best wasn't it? Bloody nordies! :banghead:

:D :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So the week before the victims played the scum the crayon muncher did his hammy and missed the game and now the week before they play united Rashford get's injured.

Whatever slim hope united had on Sunday just went out the fucking window, absolutely EVERYTHING is going for those c.unts :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: