Grumpy Git - things that "literally" get on my tit

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Bradywasking

Re: Grumpy Git - things that "literally" get on my tit

Post by Bradywasking »

We are having a General Election in Ireland, and it is virtually impossible to look at the party leaders or candidates and decide on a candidate that you could positively say will enhance the constituency and nation.
We have had a two party monopoly on power since the foundation of the state. The two main parties are one and the same , but play a political game of blame and counter blame.Two conservative parties whose only legitimate difference is lost in civil war politics from almost one hundred years ago.Both have had successful attempts to bankrupt the country even if not intentionally.
Then we have the electorate , the ones who will moan on Social Media but not know the name of their TD(MP) yet will know everyone on Love Island or Big Brother. Most of the Irish electorate are well informed and will make their choice on what they believe to be in their and the nation's best interest.
Every election here has agendas and themes. In Ireland we have a homeless problem, this it would seem can only be solved on Facebook. There is a problem and this was exacerbated last week when a homeless man was injured while council workers were moving tents from the bank of a canal. This nameless and homeless man became a Social Media cause .The fact he had been offered accommodation and shelter on a few occasions but ,as is his right, refused it was lost in the bigger picture of keyboard faux horror.
All parties "embrace the green vote" yet they all plaster the highways and byways with posters , but they talk a good cliched talk and pay lip service to this issue.
What really makes my blood boil after a this is over will be the turnout will be less than 70%, considerably less maybe. As a result the status quo will remain and the cycle of barstool and keyboard judgement will begin all over again.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:36 am
We are having a General Election in Ireland, and it is virtually impossible to look at the party leaders or candidates and decide on a candidate that you could positively say will enhance the constituency and nation.
We have had a two party monopoly on power since the foundation of the state. The two main parties are one and the same , but play a political game of blame and counter blame.Two conservative parties whose only legitimate difference is lost in civil war politics from almost one hundred years ago.Both have had successful attempts to bankrupt the country even if not intentionally.
Then we have the electorate , the ones who will moan on Social Media but not know the name of their TD(MP) yet will know everyone on Love Island or Big Brother. Most of the Irish electorate are well informed and will make their choice on what they believe to be in their and the nation's best interest.
Every election here has agendas and themes. In Ireland we have a homeless problem, this it would seem can only be solved on Facebook. There is a problem and this was exacerbated last week when a homeless man was injured while council workers were moving tents from the bank of a canal. This nameless and homeless man became a Social Media cause .The fact he had been offered accommodation and shelter on a few occasions but ,as is his right, refused it was lost in the bigger picture of keyboard faux horror.
All parties "embrace the green vote" yet they all plaster the highways and byways with posters , but they talk a good cliched talk and pay lip service to this issue.
What really makes my blood boil after a this is over will be the turnout will be less than 70%, considerably less maybe. As a result the status quo will remain and the cycle of barstool and keyboard judgement will begin all over again.
Yep pretty much sums up politics and the electorate in this country. In Dublin it's called "Bollotics" with good reason.

Another key issue is the fact we have 3 open season gang wars going on. Scumbags are capping each other with impunity and neither party has a clue how to tackle this. And yes I'm all for letting the scumbags kill each other but unfortunately we have a particularly fucking stupid criminal demographic in this country that just blaze away without considering the innocent citizens caught in the crossfire. :roll: :censored:

Add to this a judicial system that will send you to prison for longer for not paying your TV licence than it will for taking a hammer to a granny's head and it's easy to see why many people become disinterested in voting for the corrupt nest feathering shit that call themselves politicians. :|

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bunch of fuc.king liberals the lot of you :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:29 pm
:lol:

That's easy for you to say with your fancy Brexit and going off to rebuild the British Empire and stuff. :lol: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:07 am
Jock Gooner wrote:

That's easy for you to say with your fancy Brexit and going off to rebuild the British Empire and stuff. :lol: :wink:

We wanted to be mates but your boy decided to be the EU's bitch so instead of us buying about 50% of your beef exports, 20% of your dairy etc we're going to buy it all from our mate Trump. Let's hope your pals in the EU pick up the order :rubchin: :lol:

No more Empires mate, it sounds all well and good but then the fu.ckers you invade end up coming to live here :shock: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

We wanted to be mates but your boy decided to be the EU's bitch so instead of us buying about 50% of your beef exports, 20% of your dairy etc we're going to buy it all from our mate Trump. Let's hope your pals in the EU pick up the order :rubchin: :lol:

No more Empires mate, it sounds all well and good but then the fu.ckers you invade end up coming to live here :shock: :lol:

Someone has to fuck all your women buddy. 8)

Also fuck the EU - our beef is going to China now. Unless they all die from media hysteria over the latest coronavirus..... :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:56 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Also fuck the EU - our beef is going to China now. Unless they all die from media hysteria over the latest coronavirus..... :lol:
Pisser huh, just as soon as you find a new market they all die........selfish bastards :lol:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:37 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Pisser huh, just as soon as you find a new market they all die........selfish bastards :lol:
Excellent exchange fellas, brilliant!! :D :mrgreen:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:37 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Oh ffs what is it with some people -

Ann Francke, head of the Chartered Management Institute (not the diary one :roll: ), has said that bosses should actively curtail male staff talking about football, cricket and rugby in case women feel 'left out' at work.

She was on BBC Radio 4 (sounds like their ideal guest) and said of sports talk "A lot of women, in particular, feel left out. They don't follow those sports and they don't like either being forced to talk about them or not being included. I have nothing against sports enthusiasts or cricket fans - that's great. But the issue is many people aren't cricket fans".

"It's very easy for it to escalate from VAR talk and chat to slapping each other on the back and talking about their conquests at the weekend. It's a gateway to more laddish behaviour".

:shock: :? :x

Where the fu.ck does this cu.nt get off on telling people what they can talk about.....unbelievable.

Fuck off love for everybody's sake. She is everything that is wrong with society today.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Ann Francke, head of the Chartered Management Institute (not the diary one :roll: ), has said that bosses should actively curtail male staff talking about football, cricket and rugby in case women feel 'left out' at work.

She was on BBC Radio 4 (sounds like their ideal guest) and said of sports talk "A lot of women, in particular, feel left out. They don't follow those sports and they don't like either being forced to talk about them or not being included. I have nothing against sports enthusiasts or cricket fans - that's great. But the issue is many people aren't cricket fans".

"It's very easy for it to escalate from VAR talk and chat to slapping each other on the back and talking about their conquests at the weekend. It's a gateway to more laddish behaviour".

Where the fu.ck does this cu.nt get off on telling people what they can talk about.....unbelievable.

Fuck off love for everybody's sake. She is everything that is wrong with society today.
That can't be real can it? This woman cannot be that fucking stupid can she? I mean in all - hang on, what the fuck am I saying? Of course she could be that fucking stupid.

Women need to be stopped talking about soap operas in work. That shit can escalate from "Eastenders" to what they cooked for the hubby the night before. It's a gateway for more birdish behaviour. :censored:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:

:shock: That is truly shocking even in this day and age!

Interesting that this bitch chose to target only men's subjects. How about wimmin stop talking about non-inclusive subjects like ''Corrie'' ... Strictly ... Facebook ... their latest diet ... and all that other inane shit they squawk about all day? :roll: 8)

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:28 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

That can't be real can it? This woman cannot be that fucking stupid can she? I mean in all - hang on, what the fuck am I saying? Of course she could be that fucking stupid.

Women need to be stopped talking about soap operas in work. That shit can escalate from "Eastenders" to what they cooked for the hubby the night before. It's a gateway for more birdish behaviour. :censored:
You beat me to it mate :D Totally agree 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:30 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Great minds, Clash. 8)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:31 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:30 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Great minds, Clash. 8)

No they don't, they think alike :lol: :lol:

Why can't they just ignore what we talk about? I pay no attention to what the birds at work talk about most of the time and I don't feel excluded.....relieved not to have to talk to them yes, excluded no :lol: