THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by goonersid »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:56 am
Interseting comments from Wenger...

“I moved from Highbury, which was similar to Anfield, but there was a soul in the stadium,” Wenger told beIN Sports.

“We built a new stadium but we never found our soul – we left our soul at Highbury.

“We could never recreate it for security reasons.

“The distance from the pitch to the stand had to be bigger as we needed ambulances to come in. The inclination of the stands had to be smaller all those things together that we didn’t find to recreate the atmosphere.”
Bastard!! He must have forgotten, he basically took full credit for the design of the soulless shithole!
Why can’t this c u n t just fuck off and leave us in peace! CU NT!!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

ruined the club he apparently loved and made a fortune doing so

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:02 am
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:56 am
Interseting comments from Wenger...

“I moved from Highbury, which was similar to Anfield, but there was a soul in the stadium,” Wenger told beIN Sports.

“We built a new stadium but we never found our soul – we left our soul at Highbury.

“We could never recreate it for security reasons.

“The distance from the pitch to the stand had to be bigger as we needed ambulances to come in. The inclination of the stands had to be smaller all those things together that we didn’t find to recreate the atmosphere.”
Bastard!! He must have forgotten, he basically took full credit for the design of the soulless shithole!
Why can’t this c u n t just fuck off and leave us in peace! CU NT!!
Designed it...LOL...he built it as well :D

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Wenger & co didn't want a traditional English style stadium, they were designing for a new demographic of supporter all along. :banghead: It was all about fleecing the fans & attracting the corporate clientele. :barscarf:

They could have built a more compact stadium, they didn't have to make such large seats, they could have built higher, they could have built a supporters end. I was at the council meeting when they presented the design, supporters present were extremely disappointed & made their feelings known to the club & council planners. They just ignored us.

Are the swamp dwellers & spammers grounds any better in that respect, I've not been to either myself? :rubchin:

Let's face it Wenger had no time for the clubs support, even though he was idolised by the WKB sheeple. :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

With his bare hands. I remember the press talking about how he'd take a training session in the morning and then get his trowel and head over to Ashburton Grove and lay 20 courses of blocks each afternoon. I seem to recall Boro Primorac putting in a few shifts labouring for him too. Fucking legends the pair of them. 8)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:21 am
With his bare hands. I remember the press talking about how he'd take a training session in the morning and then get his trowel and head over to Ashburton Grove and lay 20 courses of blocks each afternoon. I seem to recall Boro Primorac putting in a few shifts labouring for him too. Fucking legends the pair of them. 8)
He was a fucker for the breakfast roll

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

cameron326 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:29 pm
Clash wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:16 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mE0Nu02TZw

Warning:
The above video contains both Wenger and Klopp for those with an aversion to either or both.

But at 15:50 Wenger actually says Arsenal left their soul at Highbury ...
It’s true though. But not only that: moving to the Emirates made taking 3 points at home that little bit harder. It’s not only about the lack of noise - plenty of grounds are quiet these days (I think the Everton fans sang one song the entire 90 mins at Goodison the other day, made the Emirates sound quite raucous!). The problem is that the Emirates is too “nice” , too generic and welcoming. Everything from the design of the benches to the incline of the stands to the name itself. It’s less like an away day at a rival and more like a trip to Wembley. The move to the Emirates both took a knife to our identity AND made winning harder. Sometimes you felt we’d get the points at Highbury *just becasue* we were at home, even if we were playing terribly, it just felt like the ball would always break for us in the area at a crucial moment, like the home crowd could influence events. You never get that feeling at the Emirates. Nothing we can do about it now though.
We had the narrowest pitch in English Football bar one i think. It was easy to defend, George knew that as he played on it.

Thats why he set us up differently at home, to on the road.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:21 am
Remember, we were nothing before he came along. He built the whole club. I remember listening to that interview and thinking, I really want George Graham to punch him.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Is this *word censored* ever going to stop hanging around like a bad smell, he just cant seem to let it go, cant he even have the dignity to realise he is irrelevent these days and should shuffle off into the night like that bloke in the Antartic did.........we're more than aware what you did dickhead you dont need to remind us of the whole sorry saga :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:32 am
ruined the club he apparently loved and made a fortune doing so
Yup! Greedy CUNTT!

He still had to be Pushed and then said he would only go without a (Public) fight if all his back-room staff (aka: Sphincter licking, wngercocksucking gravy train riding CUNTBAGS) got full reparation as well.

Wenger = CUNTBAG

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mirror claim the #Arsenal hierarchy are keen to welcome Arsene Wenger back to the Emirates & it is understood senior figures at the club have been making inroads to talk him into it. https://t.co/DIgFdEjG6E

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:00 pm
The Mirror claim the #Arsenal hierarchy are keen to welcome Arsene Wenger back to the Emirates & it is understood senior figures at the club have been making inroads to talk him into it. https://t.co/DIgFdEjG6E
Arsenal's greatest manager my hole

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

As much as we fought to get rid of him in the 2 years prior to him going, in some perverse way I wanted him there for the final year of his contract as I knew the chickens were coming home to roost and the roof was going to fall in on him. If you remember he won one away game in his last season, the final one at Huddersfield, we lost all the others. His last season would have been hellish and he would have had nowhere to hide. Instead he slunk off on full pay & left Emery with all the dross that he bought and the toxic culture he created. Spin, spin, spin and win, win, win for our Arsene

Got the job because he played charades well in his second language and impressed Dein & his wife :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:15 am
As much as we fought to get rid of him in the 2 years prior to him going, in some perverse way I wanted him there for the final year of his contract as I knew the chickens were coming home to roost and the roof was going to fall in on him. If you remember he won one away game in his last season, the final one at Huddersfield, we lost all the others. His last season would hav :wink: e been hellish and he would have had nowhere to hide. Instead he slunk off on full pay & left Emery with all the dross that he bought and the toxic culture he created. Spin, spin, spin and win, win, win for our Arsene

Got the job because he played charades well in his second language and impressed Dein & his wife :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Hmm just a little over the top there mate. :wink:

He got the job because he was an inspirational man that had vision and a plan and that plan won us two doubles and an unbeaten season playing the best football ever seen in the English game.

Of course what he became was something very different and I think most honest right thinking people could agree on that. But let's not go totally revisionist here people.... :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:00 pm

This link is even better

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... l-21446892

The board want to bring him back in a bid to unite the fanbase :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: