Chav ringpieces A Tue 21st KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Chav ringpieces A Tue 21st KO 815pm

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:00 am
Really not sure what match a few of you lads were watching last night. :lol: Xhakatard was utter gash as usual in the middle. When he went into CB he wasn't a total disaster but that's about it tbh. He did a bit of pointing and shouting? He does that most marches. Wooppeedoo.

His positioning was poor most of the time, and when the chav got in behind us it was usually Xhakatard that was playing them onside. He reacted to everything - often a half second too late. The best defenders don't react to everything they anticipate most things. The fact he didn't give away another stupid penno or rifle the ball into his own net does not mean he played well. Let's not fucking lose the run of ourselves here lads ffs. He is gash. End of. Along with Mustafalaugh he has to be top of the clear out list.

MOTM for me was Torreira. Just fought non stop for everything and anticipated their attacks well, and broke up alot of those attacks. Was doing it almost singlehandedly long before the rest of them got "motivated" and fought back. He also distributed the ball simply and well, no Johnny clever bollocks shit like Mustafalaugh tried for their first goal.

A great fight back and a gutsy draw but we were shit mostly.

Saw a few mentions of Leno. Again he did the basics tbh. Nothing there last night that he shouldn't have stopped. The chav finishing was poor. He did his job. No more no less.
On this occasion he was in a position where his pointing and shouting was actually effective. He did well as an emergency LB last season. Maybe he just likes the responsibility of being in the back line in times of need, I've seen it so many times in my line of work, where there is a colleague who can step up a position and do a good job, but would much rather stay in a lower position which they are comfortable because they do not want the permanent pressure of responsibility. The very same reason why it was a ludicrous decision to make him club captain.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Lovely lovely goal from bellend. Cut inside two players then curled it into the far corner.

We've really missed a player that can do in that in slower build ups - just a change of pace and a shot at the far corner.

If he can do that more often, that would really raise his game imho as he has been putting the miles in according to his OPTA stats - all of them, even Ozil are up about 20-40%.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:17 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:54 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:08 pm
Fucking proud to be a gooner tonight. We didn’t fucking lie down we stood up and fought and took now fucking shit.

Long time waiting to see that type of battle.

My PC died last night, so missed the game. But on 5LIVE they were saying the team down to 10 men were showing right fight & grit just like the old days.

Just saw Martinelli's goal on YT - He's Only 18yrs of age and cost £7Million with 10 Goals in 11 Appearances, some of which are from the Subs bench. :shock:

What a find he is - Need to ensure we look after him and ensure he is signed up to a proper & rewarding deal. I know the fans on here are still divided on Arteta, but for sure had we been playing under Unai Emery we would have been smashed 4 or 5 Nil after the sending off, so for me regardless of any reservations etc, he has got the Team playing as a Team and All the players (even Mustafi - though he will never be good enough for Arsenal) has Confidence & Belief and It Shows.

YES! Fuckk OFF you chavCUNTS

Loving the Banter in the office today! :D :box:

COME ON "THE" ARSENAL! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
can't agree on that.

As keown rightly pointed out, he looks frightened every time he has the ball because he knows he has a mistake in him.

but can agree that he is absolute dog shit
Yes, he (Musftalaugh) has no confidence and is dog shyte, but other than the mistake - he has at least one every game, most reports are saying he did well; whether that is 'well' for him, by his usual awful standards or not, I wouldn't know.

But, for me the Team Are playinng better and with more confidence as a'team' under Arteta and considering the lowly depths we plunged to under wenger then further down under Emery that is something positive.

I sincerely hope Arteta can pull this out of the fire, otherwise we are going to slip into the relegation zone under yet another (new) manager should he leave or be sacked.

Although last night was (only) a draw, it almost feels like a win considering we were down to 10 men and they took the lead twice (Their 2nd goal looked off-side on the replays I have watched today - Ref screwing us over yet again :cussing: ) I think last night's gritty performance will give the squad a reall confidence boost and at last they are starting to stick their foot in on the opposition, something that has been absent from AFC for Far Too Long.

#COYG

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:01 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:17 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:54 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:08 pm
Fucking proud to be a gooner tonight. We didn’t fucking lie down we stood up and fought and took now fucking shit.

Long time waiting to see that type of battle.

My PC died last night, so missed the game. But on 5LIVE they were saying the team down to 10 men were showing right fight & grit just like the old days.

Just saw Martinelli's goal on YT - He's Only 18yrs of age and cost £7Million with 10 Goals in 11 Appearances, some of which are from the Subs bench. :shock:

What a find he is - Need to ensure we look after him and ensure he is signed up to a proper & rewarding deal. I know the fans on here are still divided on Arteta, but for sure had we been playing under Unai Emery we would have been smashed 4 or 5 Nil after the sending off, so for me regardless of any reservations etc, he has got the Team playing as a Team and All the players (even Mustafi - though he will never be good enough for Arsenal) has Confidence & Belief and It Shows.

YES! Fuckk OFF you chavCUNTS

Loving the Banter in the office today! :D :box:

COME ON "THE" ARSENAL! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
can't agree on that.

As keown rightly pointed out, he looks frightened every time he has the ball because he knows he has a mistake in him.

but can agree that he is absolute dog shit
Yes, he (Musftalaugh) has no confidence and is dog shyte, but other than the mistake - he has at least one every game, most reports are saying he did well; whether that is 'well' for him, by his usual awful standards or not, I wouldn't know.

But, for me the Team Are playinng better and with more confidence as a'team' under Arteta and considering the lowly depths we plunged to under wenger then further down under Emery that is something positive.

I sincerely hope Arteta can pull this out of the fire, otherwise we are going to slip into the relegation zone under yet another (new) manager should he leave or be sacked.

Although last night was (only) a draw, it almost feels like a win considering we were down to 10 men and they took the lead twice (Their 2nd goal looked off-side on the replays I have watched today - Ref screwing us over yet again :cussing: ) I think last night's gritty performance will give the squad a reall confidence boost and at last they are starting to stick their foot in on the opposition, something that has been absent from AFC for Far Too Long.

#COYG
Whilst i agree with this statement i am dubious as i was hoping for the same after the win against the Manc Scum, we seem to have real issues building any momentum currently and when things dont go for them in 'easier' matches they struggle to maintain commitment and concentration. Its funny that the 3 traditionally 'tougher' matches two against the Chavs and the Manc Scum one are the ones where they fought harder, against the smaller teams they seem to coast more, for me it is a definite character problem that needs solving as they seem to be going into matches against lesser opposition and almost 'expecting' to win with no effort :rubchin:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The reality is Martinelli would not even have been playing had Auba not been suspended...….I said at the time, the one good thing about the red card was that Arteta would be forced to start him now.

And getting excited about Xhaka and MUstafi is going to lead to more heartbreak......even a broken clock is right twice a day. These are not youngsters slowly coming good, they are veterans who have bad games week in and week out.

I just cannot understand why we are not buying a CB in the window?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:26 pm
The reality is Martinelli would not even have been playing had Auba not been suspended...….I said at the time, the one good thing about the red card was that Arteta would be forced to start him now.

And getting excited about Xhaka and MUstafi is going to lead to more heartbreak......even a broken clock is right twice a day. These are not youngsters slowly coming good, they are veterans who have bad games week in and week out.

Martinelli was getting starts before Auba got suspended in the PL tbh. Given Pepe is still settling in and Laca has lost his form Martinelli would have got starts albeit not a run of games like this where he is the focal point of the attack.

The encouraging thing about Martinelli is if we have to sell Auba in the summer, we have a player ready to slot in and perfectly capable of doing a job leading the line. If Auba stays then he is that good he can play on the left/right of a front 3 or in behind as a number 10.

As things stand, its impossible to leave him out even when Auba returns.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

herbert wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:30 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:37 am
herbert wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:26 am
Brilliant finishes from Bellerin and Martinelli but Xhaka was my MOM by a long way

The shouting pointing organisation and encouragement he was giving out especially in the 2nd half would have made TA proud
Woahhh, slow down. Xhaka didn't do anything special. If you are comparing him last night with the usual level of shiteness he serves up then I agree, but MOM no way.

We concede way too many goals, the finger can easily be pointed at the likes of Mustafi and Luiz, but its also down to the CDMs to provide that defensive shield.

For me Martinelli was MOM, he had Chelski running scared and I didn't realise he was that quick. Yeah he got a bit of luck with Kante slipping but you cannot take away from the run and composed finish under severe pressure.

Apparently hes under contract until 2024 on a salary of £1.1m pa. 1/15th of what Ozil earns. The first thing we need to do this summer is improve his contract and make sure when he does leave for the likes of Barca or RM we get top dollar for him. He is that good. I am more excited at this prospect than I was with Anelka.
He didn do anything special? if your talking about with the ball then no he didnt do anything special but off the ball and off the camera he organised and encouraged the team and that helped to put us in a position for Bellerin and Martinelli to do something special and get us something from the game
I will say it again Xhaka my mom by a country mile

Take it you had a jaunt over to chavland last night then from the sounds of it. The last time I was there we got tickets for the main stand and had to play it a bit quiet but a female (arsenal) a few rows in front of us with her chav bloke was giving it a bit and was prompltly told by another chav to shut the fuck up or she'd get a smack in the fucking gob first and then her bloke would get one too. Not one of the chavs around him told him to lay off. That was a footblling first for me - they really are a quality shower of shite over there.

There's no doubt you get a better perspective of what is going on as a whole when you are watching live so it's interesting to hear your comments on Xhaka. Much as I dislike him, I have seen much the same from him at the bowl so it's not a complete surprise to hear what you said. Weird how he seems to play (a bit) better anywhere other than his own position. Maybe it's just the responsibility of covering in a different position that makes him switch on more than usual. Maybe we need to try him on the right instead of Pepe just to see what happens :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:50 pm
xisstential wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:26 pm

Martinelli was getting starts before Auba got suspended in the PL tbh. Given Pepe is still settling in and Laca has lost his form Martinelli would have got starts albeit not a run of games like this where he is the focal point of the attack.

The encouraging thing about Martinelli is if we have to sell Auba in the summer, we have a player ready to slot in and perfectly capable of doing a job leading the line. If Auba stays then he is that good he can play on the left/right of a front 3 or in behind as a number 10.

As things stand, its impossible to leave him out even when Auba returns.
Absolutely....Yes he was getting "starts" but he was rotational….never the go to guy....which he is quickly becoming.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:14 pm
herbert wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
Brilliant finishes from Bellerin and Martinelli but Xhaka was my MOM by a long way

The shouting pointing organisation and encouragement he was giving out especially in the 2nd half would have made TA proud
Woahhh, slow down. Xhaka didn't do anything special. If you are comparing him last night with the usual level of shiteness he serves up then I agree, but MOM no way.

We concede way too many goals, the finger can easily be pointed at the likes of Mustafi and Luiz, but its also down to the CDMs to provide that defensive shield.

For me Martinelli was MOM, he had Chelski running scared and I didn't realise he was that quick. Yeah he got a bit of luck with Kante slipping but you cannot take away from the run and composed finish under severe pressure.

Apparently hes under contract until 2024 on a salary of £1.1m pa. 1/15th of what Ozil earns. The first thing we need to do this summer is improve his contract and make sure when he does leave for the likes of Barca or RM we get top dollar for him. He is that good. I am more excited at this prospect than I was with Anelka.
He didn do anything special? if your talking about with the ball then no he didnt do anything special but off the ball and off the camera he organised and encouraged the team and that helped to put us in a position for Bellerin and Martinelli to do something special and get us something from the game

Take it you had a jaunt over to chavland last night then from the sounds of it. The last time I was there we got tickets for the main stand and had to play it a bit quiet but a female (arsenal) a few rows in front of us with her chav bloke was giving it a bit and was prompltly told by another chav to shut the fuck up or she'd get a smack in the fucking gob first and then her bloke would get one too. Not one of the chavs around him told him to lay off. That was a footblling first for me - they really are a quality shower of shite over there.

There's no doubt you get a better perspective of what is going on as a whole when you are watching live so it's interesting to hear your comments on Xhaka. Much as I dislike him, I have seen much the same from him at the bowl so it's not a complete surprise to hear what you said. Weird how he seems to play (a bit) better anywhere other than his own position. Maybe it's just the responsibility of covering in a different position that makes him switch on more than usual. Maybe we need to try him on the right instead of Pepe just to see what happens :lol:
NO...….he has had enough chances...he is just not good enough. It's like Ozil, one good game in 10 (and I don't even think Xhaka was good last night, better than absolute pants is still not good) and suddenly people start thinking maybe....just maybe...….. Just NO.

Get a world class DM in there and it will highlight how dreadful he really is.....we have been without one for so long that when a player rises to ok'ish, we are in raptures.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:25 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:

NO...….he has had enough chances...he is just not good enough. It's like Ozil, one good game in 10 (and I don't even think Xhaka was good last night, better than absolute pants is still not good) and suddenly people start thinking maybe....just maybe...….. Just NO.

Get a world class DM in there and it will highlight how dreadful he really is.....we have been without one for so long that when a player rises to ok'ish, we are in raptures.
:lol:

I think you need to read the content and tone again mate. No raptures, no bending of the knee to Sir Xhaka, just a couple of comments about him displaying a positive attitude if you care to have another look. No call for him to stay, a declaration of my continued dislike of him and a bit of a piss take about him playing better....and even that couched as "a bit" when he plays out of position i.e as CB or LB.

As for a world class DM highlighting how poor he is - we all know that, that's not up for debate that's a given as is the fact that we won't actually buy one.

herbert

Post by herbert »

xisstential wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:

Can we not enjoy a battling performance for 24 hrs at least :banghead: :D

I gather that most of us are happy with the spirit and fight our team showed last night? then you would have to be an idiot or know very little about football or just being biased against him not to see that our main leader on the pitch last night was Xhaka IMHO ,
Good enough or not good enough for the Arsenal? we have loads of threads and I think we know most posters answer to that one :cussing: but last night he organised encouraged and led our team like we expect from a captain (ex captain :D )

Saying that you are happy with the fight and spirit the team showed with 10 men but then saying but Xhaka only played a little bit better is missing the point because verbally he was the leader on the pitch for us last night (forget the armband) and a lot of that fight and spirit came from him
Last edited by herbert on Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:00 am
Sometimes (understandably :wink: ) I get criticized on here for being too negative, but fcuk me some of you lot need to have a chat with yourselves - Martinelli is 5 months into his first season with us, and already some of you fcukers are going on about how "he wont be with us long" or "he'll be off to one of spains big clubs in the summer" :roll: FFS he is a kid just in the door and already ye have him leaving :evil: He seems happy and intelligent, and I guess would be well aware that at his age playing regularly for AFC would be better than irregular game time with one of spain's big clubs.

FFS lets just enjoy the type of performances and enthusiasm that he is bringing to the team right now - if it becomes a reality that there are offers on the table or efforts on his behalf looking to leave, THEN we can worry about that
Um er hi there Your Lordship but this a free forum where people can basically post what they want without having to run it by yourself. It's called "free speech". You might have heard of it?

Oh btw - Madrid. Next May. Gone. :lol: :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

herbert wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:16 pm
xisstential wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

I gather that most of us are happy with the spirit and fight our team showed last night? then you would have to be an idiot or know very little about football or just being biased against him not to see that our main leader on the pitch last night was Xhaka IMHO ,
Good enough or not good enough for the Arsenal? we have loads of threads and I think we know most posters answer to that one :cussing: but last night he organised encouraged and led our team like we expect from a captain (ex captain :D )

Saying that you are happy with the fight and spirit the team showed with 10 men but then saying but Xhaka only played a little bit better is missing the point because verbally he was the leader on the pitch for us last night (forget the armband) and a lot of that fight and spirit came from him
So it's your "humble opinion" but if people don't agree with it they "are idiots or know very little about football" Do people who disagree with your strong opinions get executed??

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:01 am

We've got a star in our hands with this lad. :barscarf:

That is one very cool goal celebration. Understated? Yes, cool Ohhh! Yess! 8) 8) 8) :lol:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Martinelli is my favourite Arsenal player. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

herbert

Post by herbert »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:30 pm
herbert wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:16 pm
xisstential wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:

So it's your "humble opinion" but if people don't agree with it they "are idiots or know very little about football" Do people who disagree with your strong opinions get executed??

Your right about the "are idiots or know very little about football" part of my post it was OTT